Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #1
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
What are you using to clean macerator toilet bowl?

Is it OK to use conventional toilet cleaning chemicals and brushes to clean the bowl of a macerator toilet? We have been using a conventional toilet bowl cleaner, but don't want to cause damage to the macerator mechanism, the holding tank or the SaniCon when pumping the tank.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2018, 03:53 PM   #2

We have been using Lysol Toilet bowl cleaner and a standard bowl brush on both the current and past coach and they both had/have macerators toilets and sanicon systems.
oregonhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:11 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
We use Happy Camper to treat our tanks. Each time, after we dump the black tank, we fill the bowl about 1/2-1/3 full, add the Happy Camper and use a bowl brush to swish the mixture in the bowl. We flush the mixture, add a bit of water to rinse the bowl and brush. Does a great job of cleaning the bowl and the brush. Been using this method for 12 years with great success.
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry davis View Post
We use Happy Camper to treat our tanks. Each time, after we dump the black tank, we fill the bowl about 1/2-1/3 full, add the Happy Camper and use a bowl brush to swish the mixture in the bowl. We flush the mixture, add a bit of water to rinse the bowl and brush. Does a great job of cleaning the bowl and the brush. Been using this method for 12 years with great success.
I like that idea. Might have to start doing that. That way I am not putting anything in the tank that is killing the enzymes that the Happy Camper is putting in. We already use Happy Camper to treat the tanks.
oregonhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:29 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I use one of those small nylon pads, like the loofah material. The half bath is my room to clean. I flush the toilet and before it can fill, I wipe it down with the nylon pad and flush again. Then I use a cleaning wipe and wipe down the bowl exterior, surrounding area and seat cover. It takes just a couple of minutes for the entire process and no chemicals are used or needed, and nothing goes down the toilet. The master bath is her concern.

I also use Happy Camper as my chemical.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:03 PM   #6

We use Lysol Toilet Bowl cleaner. It doesn't have any bleach or harsh chemicals so we decided to use it. After cleaning the bowls we flush several times. So far in 10 months of full time use no problems.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, toilet