Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2022, 01:47 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I use DI Rinse water, so lower GPM is what I was after. It works so well, I have duplicated the setup for my home with 2 CU-FT DI resin tanks, and the same AR Blue pressure washer mounted on the wall, but this time in its case.

I use the garage one almost daily when I am home as I like to keep my cars bug free and clean.

With the pressure washer mounted and DI Resin attached, I can spray and wash in minutes.

And the nice thing about AR Blue is they are easily shipped from Amazon. I have been using the garage one for 3 years now, and it just works. I am sure there are better ones, but I have not been able to tell a difference between the "Pro" ar blue (aka: Road wave) and the standard one that I linked to, other than the PRO requires oil to be added and uses a lot more electricity and space.

Maybe if I was using one for 30+ hours a week I would feel different. Right now I log about 2 hours a week at most with one, and typically less than 30 minutes a week. Most of my wash routines are front end of cars or front end of RV and windows. Less than 5 minutes of usage.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2022, 02:15 PM   #16

For that kind of performance no reason to spend $300 just buy a $100 machine, if you are going to spend $300 then Active blows it away and also available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Active-VE52-E.../dp/B0853F8RXR

The reason the Active is so popular is you get pro level performance but its maintenance free and cheap like other consumer machines.

1/4 cu-ft resin tanks can handle 2 gpm and 2 gpm will wash the vehicle faster than a 1.3gpm machine while using similar amounts of water. Guess I don't see the value in those consumer AR machines are you carrying DI water in a tank or something?
Old 07-26-2022, 02:36 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrell View Post
For that kind of performance no reason to spend $300 just buy a $100 machine, if you are going to spend $300 then Active blows it away and also available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Active-VE52-E.../dp/B0853F8RXR

The reason the Active is so popular is you get pro level performance but its maintenance free and cheap like other consumer machines.

1/4 cu-ft resin tanks can handle 2 gpm and 2 gpm will wash the vehicle faster than a 1.3gpm machine while using similar amounts of water. Guess I don't see the value in those consumer AR machines are you carrying DI water in a tank or something?

Active looks great. I don't know how it would disassemble and be compact, but I assume it might do it similar to AR Blue. For the RV, that is important to me.

For my DI, I use a 0.5CU Ft Mixed resin tank. It can handle a *MAX* of 2.0GPM, but it performs much better at 1.0GPM. I have limited my flow with the nozzles to be between 1.0 and 1.3 GPM to stretch the use of the resin.
Old 07-26-2022, 02:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
For my DI, I use a 0.5CU Ft Mixed resin tank. It can handle a *MAX* of 2.0GPM, but it performs much better at 1.0GPM.
Which tank is that? The 0.5 cu-ft ones seem to be 3 gpm max: www.portablewaterdi.com/shop/deionizers/mixed-bed-double-standard-deionizer?SKU=OTG2-SDDI#ProductTabDetails
Old 07-26-2022, 02:58 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I built my own. You will see various ratings that are "market" ratings. My actual usage over the last 8 years is what I am basing the lower GPM flow on. The resin is expensive and my water is hard. I like to change the resin once per season. By reducing the water flow I have seen a dramatic increase in the resin life. I also added a 0.5 micron filter in front of the resin along with a charcoal filter to remove chlorine when I am at a campground that has chlorinated water. Most of my water usage is non-chlorinated, but high in mineral content.
Old 07-27-2022, 07:17 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Many thanks to all of you for your suggestions and advice. I decided to go with this one sold at Costco for a couple of reasons. First, if it ever goes bad, Costco will take it back for a full refund. Second, it will work standing up or laying down with a small footprint that can be stored in my coach. The handle has two quick releases that allow it to fold down and will lay flat on the wheels and the feet at the bottom, Orange side up.

https://www.costco.com/husqvarna-200...100849015.html

Played with it today and works extremely well... so far...

I also will be trying to mount it on top of the Gen with a custom bracket, so I can either leave it there when washing the front or removing it if need be for some other job(s). If it turns into too big of a job, I'll store in one of my bays.

Thanks again
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 07:45 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchstar411 View Post
Many thanks to all of you for your suggestions and advice. I decided to go with this one sold at Costco for a couple of reasons. First, if it ever goes bad, Costco will take it back for a full refund. Second, it will work standing up or laying down with a small footprint that can be stored in my coach. The handle has two quick releases that allow it to fold down and will lay flat on the wheels and the feet at the bottom, Orange side up.

https://www.costco.com/husqvarna-200...100849015.html

Played with it today and works extremely well... so far...

I also will be trying to mount it on top of the Gen with a custom bracket, so I can either leave it there when washing the front or removing it if need be for some other job(s). If it turns into too big of a job, I'll store in one of my bays.

Thanks again
That one is made by AR Blue, and is very similar to the one I bought. You should be very happy with it.
Old 07-31-2022, 04:35 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I just ordered the Active portable electric pressure washer and it draws 13 amps per the spec page. I have a 2019 Dutch Star 4369. Where is the best place to plug this washer into so I don’t have a breaker problem ? One other question about pressure washers. I have a water softner tank and a DI tank both about the same size. Do I run the water into water softner before I hook up to the DI tank ?

Thanks for your help
Rog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 04:45 PM   #23

This is what I use for my Vision Jet and just ordered one for the coach. Works great with just enough pressure and uses much less water. I use distilled water to eliminate water spots.

BERGWERK 40V Cordless Power Cleaner Portable Power Washer with 2pcs Batteries Power Cleaner, Working Pressure 520PSI for RVs Boats or Home Projects, with Accessories Kit and a Charger Included https://a.co/d/3029Jih
Slehmanaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 07:51 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog442 View Post
I just ordered the Active portable electric pressure washer and it draws 13 amps per the spec page. I have a 2019 Dutch Star 4369. Where is the best place to plug this washer into so I don’t have a breaker problem ? One other question about pressure washers. I have a water softner tank and a DI tank both about the same size. Do I run the water into water softner before I hook up to the DI tank ?

Thanks for your help
For AC power, bay 4 passenger side has outlets you can use. I ran the cord along the ceiling of the basement to reach. You are going to easily out power your inverter, so don't use it while running the microwave, hair dryers, curling irons, or central vacuum.

I had a dedicated outlet run to bay 2 in my 2022 London Aire that bypasses the inverter.

As far as DI water, softener neither helps nor hurts. I have my softener plumbed to fill the fresh tank, and my DI is off the generator hot water line, so I am using softened water.
Old 07-31-2022, 08:04 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
For AC power, bay 4 passenger side has outlets you can use. I ran the cord along the ceiling of the basement to reach. You are going to easily out power your inverter, so don't use it while running the microwave, hair dryers, curling irons, or central vacuum.

I had a dedicated outlet run to bay 2 in my 2022 London Aire that bypasses the inverter.

As far as DI water, softener neither helps nor hurts. I have my softener plumbed to fill the fresh tank, and my DI is off the generator hot water line, so I am using softened water.

Thank you Mr Baron for your reply.
Rog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:34 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
I purchased this compact Ryobi Electric PW back in 2019 from Amazon for $160. Bought another 50 foot of hose so I have a total reach length of 75 feet. Plenty to cover my 42-foot coach.

https://tinyurl.com/2p9f77pn
Surf Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 12:01 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Here is what I have

I have a PowerPlay 2030 pressure washer with an Uberflex hose (Flexzilla also is a good choice), a Sooprinse foam cannon, and a MATCC Foam Cannon III. I changed the cannon orifices to a 0.1 mm size, and added quick connects and a swivel for the hose to foam cannon connection. I use Meguiar’s Gold Class car wash and Griot’s Foam On Wax. When I purchased the smaller orifices I also added some spare foam maker inserts for the cannons, but haven’t needed them yet. I use the Sooprince foam cannon for washing and the MATCC for waxing but either is fine for either function.

The PowerPlay washer has four pivoting wheels, is light, sturdy, and has a smaller footprint than some others and it fits easily into one of my storage bins and in front of my hot dog style air pump. The one thing I didn’t like about it is that has M22-15 connectors. My Uberflex hose has the more standard M22-14 size. I added quick connects and an M22-15 to 14 adapter so I now have two hoses with swivels and quick connects that can be coupled together when I need more length. I purchased my pressure washer from Home Depot and the adaptors, hose, etc from Amazon and Walmart. I also purchased a PowerPlay foam cannon but I didn’t like the build quality, so I threw it away and replaced it with the SooPrinse. Both it and the MATCC do a good job.

On my coach I use a platform ladder to help reach the higher places. The wand that came with my pressure washer is sturdy and has plenty of length.

You will want to make sure that the pressure washer and foam cannons you choose operate together with sufficient water pressure to do the job. That is one reason why I chose a 2,030 psi washer.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-02-2022, 01:30 AM   #28

I use a Stihl RE90 and stow it in my compressor bay up front. Light, rolls around, good pressure. Think it was about $150.
Suburbazine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, pressure