Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2018, 08:04 PM   #1

What to do with Hot water line to washer?

During our walkthrough I noticed that we have a washer that has only a cold hookup (I guess washer heats the water), but there is a second, hot water line plumbed into the coach which is full of antifreeze.

My question is: do I leave it indefinitely - is there any potential harm to the line as the antifreeze ages? I would prefer to just leave the antifreeze in there and never worry about it again.
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2018, 09:29 PM   #2
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Unless you can completely isolate that section of hot water line with a valve, the anti-freeze will eventually contaminate the rest of your water system.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrving View Post
During our walkthrough I noticed that we have a washer that has only a cold hookup (I guess washer heats the water), but there is a second, hot water line plumbed into the coach which is full of antifreeze.

My question is: do I leave it indefinitely - is there any potential harm to the line as the antifreeze ages? I would prefer to just leave the antifreeze in there and never worry about it again.
this doesn't seem correct to me.....

i think you have hot and cold water lines to the washer.....

i would ask newmar directly.....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:01 AM   #4

New washer

The new washer has it's own heater. When I got a replacement under Whirlpool warranty, the new model only has a cold water line.
Maybe you could slightly open the hot water valve when you drain the lines when de-winterizing and a sufficient amount would drain from the line?
To insure complete rinse, you could attach a water hose to the hot side and rinse it?
Webz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:34 AM   #5
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is the valve accessible from under the sink? If so, put a short hose on the valve to flush out the anti freeze in the spring and again to winterize it.

Tags
water