Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2019, 10:49 PM   #57

Avenue of the Giants in Northern California. Have two weeks booked in early Aug
Samoa Beach state park in Eureka CA. Nice break from the Phoenix heat in August
Ricker991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2019, 10:57 PM   #58

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by De F View Post
1. Kenai Peninsula, AK ... Seward Sea-life Center, Homer, places in between. Possibly divided into two trips.
2. Valdez, AK (mainly for the drive there and back).
3. Possible bucket list item (we’ll see) ... drive to OREGON in late August, early September. Visit kids/grandkids/great grandkids!

De & the Dachsies
27’ 2016 Winnebago

Once in Alaska seriously consider avoiding the Tok Cutoff which is a shortcut from the Alaska Highway to Glennallen. A significant part of the road is in downright awful condition with severe frost heaves and in places pavement so deteriorated there are no defined edges. If you elect to take it anyway, watch the road very carefully and reduce speed to avoid damaging your rig. Another Alaskan here said that there is supposed to be some reconstruction on the cutoff this summer which is another reason to avoid it due to construction delays. Instead of taking the cutoff, I highly recommend continuing on up the Alaska Highway to Delta Junction then turn south on the Richardson Highway which will eventually put you back on course at Glennallen. I haven't yet determined how many miles that would add but time-wise I estimate a couple extra hours driving time. We're going to make the trip south in late August and return in September. Maybe we'll see you on the road - we'll be in the beige Winnebago Class C!!!!
akeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:36 PM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
Question Moscow Iowa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry davis View Post
End of May Newmar rally in Jackson Ca. North to Boise Idaho to see relatives. On from there to Flathead Lake Montana. West to the Coeur d’Alene Idaho Area, south to visit friends in Bend Oregon.
September headed to Sedona, Santa Fe, and to the Albuquerque Balloon Fest. And lastly, from Albuquerque, to good ole Moscow Iowa for HWH install of Active Air and back to California.
In between and all during the year, short trips to Wine Country, the Monterey area and the beautiful Nor Cal & Oregon Coasts!
Really, really enjoy Rv travel!
Sounds like fun. Never been to Iowa, but some great college memories at Yarno's, The Spruce, Rathskellers, and P.W. Joseapples in Moscow Idaho!
Donato1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:38 PM   #60

Like some others, doing NPs in Alberta and BC. End of June heading to Radium Hot Springs and Kootenay NP then several days each in Banff, Jasper, Vancouver and then back home to Central Calif. Sounds like I might see some Newmars on this trip.
TeamReif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:20 AM   #61

I have my camping schedule already filled for the camping season (April to October). Going to Branson,MO end of this month and then every other weekend until last week of September when we stay at Virginia Beach, VA.
tlc4texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:20 AM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Neal-when you are in WV, I hope you spend some time in the New River Gorge area and up near Summerville where the Gauley River is Damed. Very cool area. There is a road on the north side that winds down to the new and crosses it. There is a put in point on the south side. If you take that road in your POV, imagine taking in on big fat Harley as we did. WV has awesome motorcycle roads. We go there often for that reason. We ride there so have never RV’d there. We home base in the Marlington area. You have to go to Green Bank. Take the tour, its free to vets. Keep in mind that there is NO CELL SERVICE in Pocahontas County due to the gov restrictions bc of the radio telescope. Research it, very interesting. Enjoy!
Old 04-12-2019, 06:49 AM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINCAMSAM View Post
Neal-when you are in WV, I hope you spend some time in the New River Gorge area and up near Summerville where the Gauley River is Damed. Very cool area. There is a road on the north side that winds down to the new and crosses it. There is a put in point on the south side. If you take that road in your POV, imagine taking in on big fat Harley as we did. WV has awesome motorcycle roads. We go there often for that reason. We ride there so have never RV’d there. We home base in the Marlington area. You have to go to Green Bank. Take the tour, its free to vets. Keep in mind that there is NO CELL SERVICE in Pocahontas County due to the gov restrictions bc of the radio telescope. Research it, very interesting. Enjoy!
Thanks, will keep this in mind. I've ski'd Snowshoe and am aware of the radio telescope and the no cellular service situation from it.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:42 AM   #64

From Florida we travel to New Orleans then to Nashville and Kentucky on our way home to NY. We have reservations for the whole trip, usually we go without reserving sites. Hope we are able to keep on schedule. Haas anyone stayed at the French Quarter RV park?
nonachn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:35 AM   #65

This summer I Would like to get a whole bunch of Florida RV-ers together and head up north and take over the campgrounds so the Snowbirds understand what it's like when they take over our Florida State Park Campgrounds in the winter season. What the heck just might take some lovebugs and some fire ants to drop off just to make the trip special.
Walt Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:57 PM   #66

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I envy those of you who are out already, or still out! Our rig is still in a snow bank. We plan a short shake-down trip in mid May to catch a freezer full of rainbows then the big trip at the end of May will be east. From the Edmonton, AB area to Halifax, NB. We should be back home in about 4 months. 10,000 kms/ 6,000 miles round trip. Can't wait!
Bobog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:48 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Graham View Post
This summer I Would like to get a whole bunch of Florida RV-ers together and head up north and take over the campgrounds so the Snowbirds understand what it's like when they take over our Florida State Park Campgrounds in the winter season. What the heck just might take some lovebugs and some fire ants to drop off just to make the trip special.
That's funny - It is a pain to have to leave the state to camp during the winter. Sign me up.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:00 PM   #68

Headed to Deming NM for my wife’s class reunion. After that probably headed to Branson, MO. Will make more trips but don’t have any planned out yet.

2016 Ventana 3725
JMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:53 PM   #69
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Boy, no consistent theme in any of these posts. I’ll bet though most will agree they point their rig where ever the DW says [emoji6].

Good to see most are living the dream.

We did the winter Texan thing for the first time this year. Locals told us worst weather they have seen in years. I concur. But, bet the less than 0 temps back home.

Did Fredericksburg Texas and what a neat town. Gulf coast west of Galveston, not impressed. Galveston was a hoot. Neat place.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #70
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
In Hamilton Mo for quilt stuff. VERY important according to DW. Did I mention most drivers do what DW says?

Next year off to east coast then slowly follow warming temps home.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote