Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2007, 04:27 AM   #1

First, Merry Christmas morning to all!

It's below 20 degrees and snowing. Our magic chariot is sitting in storage. Four more months of work await before we can go fulltime. I envy all of you who have already cut the ties.

But that brings to mind the question, "Where will we be next Christmas?" I really don't know. Somewhere warm, I guarantee, but I don't know exactly where. Also, "Will we be with friends?" is on my mind. I believe so. Most of the fulltime RVers I've crossed paths with seem quick to become friends. Maybe we'll share Christmas with some of you.

In any case, we'll be having fun, drinking from a big cup of excitement and feasting on adventure. If it ain't so, please don't tell us!

So as we look forward to the New Year, we don't know what's in store for us but are eager to find out. Looking forward to seeing'ya on the road, and wishing you all a Merry Christmas Day and a Safe, Healthy, and Happy New Year.

Alan

2001 Grand Cherokee
ViperDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2007, 04:27 AM   #2

First, Merry Christmas morning to all!

It's below 20 degrees and snowing. Our magic chariot is sitting in storage. Four more months of work await before we can go fulltime. I envy all of you who have already cut the ties.

But that brings to mind the question, "Where will we be next Christmas?" I really don't know. Somewhere warm, I guarantee, but I don't know exactly where. Also, "Will we be with friends?" is on my mind. I believe so. Most of the fulltime RVers I've crossed paths with seem quick to become friends. Maybe we'll share Christmas with some of you.

In any case, we'll be having fun, drinking from a big cup of excitement and feasting on adventure. If it ain't so, please don't tell us!

So as we look forward to the New Year, we don't know what's in store for us but are eager to find out. Looking forward to seeing'ya on the road, and wishing you all a Merry Christmas Day and a Safe, Healthy, and Happy New Year.

Alan

2001 Grand Cherokee
ViperDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 04:44 AM   #3

Merry Christmas Alan, I too, am stuck in the fridgit north. But, I'm going over the fence within a week and drive my snow laden coach to the sunny south. Hopefully, we'll see you soon down there too.

Peter
Old 12-25-2007, 05:39 AM   #4

Merry Christmas ALL!! We took are in the North (kinda) We will be leaving next week also. So far we are lucky and have no snow on the ground or coach. Next year maybe Christmas in Florida?? May be tough to do in warm weather. Paul
Old 12-25-2007, 05:54 AM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">May be tough to do in warm weather. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All you snow frenzied folks would do just fine here in the balmy south after one Christmas.....guarantee you'll not miss the snow after one Christmas with those umbrella drinks....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:11 AM   #6

Alan good moring to you, hope you had an enjoyable Christmas.
The wife and I have been doing the snowbird thing for four years and it is really great to awake almost every moring to warm blue sunny sky's.
Hope to see you in Florida next year if that becomes your destination of choice. Ed.S
P.S. as of 11:10 this moring 75 degrees
Old 12-25-2007, 06:13 AM   #7

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!

Like some others we are back in the north until sometime next week. Our coach is in "balmy" Florida. After a couple of stops along the way we should be enjoying the tropical weather again. Each year we say maybe we will not come back for the holidays this year ... but family is family and we find ourselves dealing with the ice, snow and wind once again. It does make the trip "south" worthwhile again!

Safe travels to All and we hope to meet you along the way soon.

2005 Dodge Durango
Iowa Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:33 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Alan & ALL: MERRY CHRISTMAS MORNING and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours also. We too find the WARMER weather of the South alot more comfortable than the Duluth, Minn. winters we used to deal with. Been fulltiming since late 05 and wintered twice in Florida and are now trying out Arizona....BUT.....boy!! it's COLD here in Benson just E. of Tucson. Days are o.k. if not windy but nights down to 16 and 17 degrees here!! It'll be back to Florida next winter, and don't worry, you'll enjoy next Christmas with FRIENDS!!...and will adapt VERY quickly to warm weather Christmases!! Again, HAPPY HOLIDAYS. Steve & Lynette