Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2016, 09:16 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Which Fumoto valve?

Getting about time to do an oil change on my 2000 Newmar Dutchstar with a Cummins 330. Which Fumoto valve would screw into my drain pan?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #2

If you want a good oil drain valve get one of these. https://www.nospillsystems.com/

Those Fumoto valves I've seen are too small for these engines. I use them on my car and pickup but not MH. They drain too slow for larger amounts of oil.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:58 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten-Red View Post
If you want a good oil drain valve get one of these. https://www.nospillsystems.com/

Those Fumoto valves I've seen are too small for these engines. I use them on my car and pickup but not MH. They drain too slow for larger amounts of oil.
Thanks for the heads-up. Checking into them now.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:06 AM   #4

The Fumoto # is F-104. The thread size is 18mm-l.5.

If you still decide you want the Fumoto let me know. I have one still in the unopened package I bought for my Cummins 330. After seeing the small drain outlet on the valve I decided to buy the other one I told you about.

Rotten-Red
Old 08-25-2016, 09:47 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten-Red View Post

Another vote for the no-spill system. I've been using them since 2000 when I had a few diesel trucks and now use it on my Cummins in the RV. Love it! Just remember to give the hose piece to a service center if you go there for an oil change.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:15 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I contacted the no-spill people and at least we all agree on what size valve. I'll get one ordered.

". . . . the bottom port is a M18x1.5mm and the side is a M22x1.5mm."
Old 08-25-2016, 10:19 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pexring View Post
I contacted the no-spill people and at least we all agree on what size valve. I'll get one ordered.

". . . . the bottom port is a M18x1.5mm and the side is a M22x1.5mm."
By the way, what is the purpose of having a side port?

Mark
Old 08-26-2016, 09:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pexring View Post
By the way, what is the purpose of having a side port?

Mark
The only reason I can think of is to install a heating element like you use in your engine block heater to keep the engine oil warm during extreme cold weather. Like in Alaska. The side port is too high to be used as an oil drain.