Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2020, 07:08 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
“Left Overs” from my now gone Porsche.......

https://www.swissvax.us/merchant.mvc...ory_Code=WAXES

I originally used Swissvax on the BMW 135 as well, but when I ran out decided to use Adams Americana.

https://adamspolishes.com/collection...ium-paste-wax4

Wonderful stuff..... the paint cleaner (kind of a glaze) that was used only after polishing was a real pain to use, but the wax itself was extremely easy to apply and remove.

I easily spend $500+ a year on detailing supplies...........
Sorry upside down hurts my old Eyes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A4B1EFC1-9973-460D-A063-8A1AA8903F2A.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	281767  
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2020, 07:40 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Sorry upside down hurts my old Eyes
You were too quick for me to get my editing done!

Got it fixed with better resolution too.
Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:14 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Ya, but its buy one, get one free....after you use it all and send back the empty container and certificate of authenticity.

Oh, and you get a nice wooden box to display the wax!
Let me guess... Just pay a separate fee?
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:33 AM   #88

I have used many many waxes and sealants, from days of Blue coral, to the new polymers, nothing give you more gloss then Carnauba wax unfortunately it does not last long, so I’m trying this new product combination it’s Jescar power lock and Collinite 845, a Carnauba based wax, Jescar I believe it’s the new menzerna which it’s an amazing product will see. It’s does not matter what still takes every bit of 3 days to clean the coach

Zzotte
Old 04-19-2020, 03:31 PM   #89
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondabradwel View Post
Just used Rejex last weekend RV and car.

It is easy to put on and gives you great

Protection. You

How many bottles did it take and how long is your RV?

Ray
Old 04-20-2020, 07:14 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
How many bottles did it take and how long is your RV?

R. ay
36 foot one bottle
rondabradwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:15 AM   #91

36 foot one bottle. Rejex
rondabradwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 01:05 PM   #92

McKees 37 easy to use their products each has a video, I simply wash the RV, use the Paint Prep Liquid Polish, then simply apply the Nano-Ceramic Paint Sealant in two motions, a horizontal and vertical application, then a micro-fibertowel to wipe and it gives up to a 3 year sealed shine. Dirt just flows right off with water! So so easy yet hardens and protects the paint and clear coat! Never wax, just seal it!
Doc Burry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:34 PM   #93
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondabradwel View Post
36 foot one bottle. Rejex
Great, thanks. I recently bought three bottles and need to do our 38 footer soon. How often do you reapply it?

Ray
Old 04-21-2020, 10:50 AM   #94

How often do you reapply? If McKee’s every 2-3 years

If you use the McKee’s 37 Ceramic Paint Sealant, it lasts 2-3 years. Besides using it on my 40’ Class A Newmar, I have a Hummer H2 that I applied McKee’s 3 years ago and it still looks AMAZING! As I said, sooo easy to apply, so long lasting - I will never go back to just waxing ever again! Try it, see if you don’t agree too)
Old 04-21-2020, 08:14 PM   #95

Tiffin Owners Club
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Burry View Post
If you use the McKee’s 37 Ceramic Paint Sealant, it lasts 2-3 years. Besides using it on my 40’ Class A Newmar, I have a Hummer H2 that I applied McKee’s 3 years ago and it still looks AMAZING! As I said, sooo easy to apply, so long lasting - I will never go back to just waxing ever again! Try it, see if you don’t agree too)
Been lurking on this thread (and others) that apply to cleaning/waxing your MH. I like the concept of the sealant that last 2 - 3 years. My new to me New Aire probably hasn't been cared for since day one and I would like to begin the cleaning/restoration process.

I have recently had "total shoulder replacement" and don't feel I am up to a lot of physical activity with my dominate arm; therefore, I am looking for a spray on product that requires little or no additional work (if there is such a thing). I am willing to pay a premium to save significant physical activity, yet, still would like this to be a DIY project. As in most projects there seems to be significant prep before applying the ceramic spray. Proper prep seems to involve using lot's of proprietary products, such as an iron remover, clay bar, prep solution, sealer and a final coating.

How many bottles would it take to complete my 34ft NADP, considering each bottle is only 4oz? Website suggests one bottle can seal up to 6 cars.

Mike
mjh0827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:15 PM   #96

To the OP. As you can see, asking what wax is a lot like asking what's the best BBQ sauce. Some people are happy with a $2 bottle of Kraft, others go through a lot of trouble sourcing fresh ingredients, even growing some of their own, then spending hours cooking it up until it's juuuuuust right. Others even won't be satisfied with the best unless it's put on just the right cut of meat that's cooked just the right way. Some will even lick every last little bit of it off their fingers after eating a McRib from McDondals.

Like I said earlier. 98% is picking what appeals to you, and brushing it on your ribs.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:55 AM   #97

astrnmrtom, very nice summation of 96 posts and counting. Different strokes for different folks!
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 11:24 AM   #98

Easy

Well go to McKee’s 37 on google or your favorite search engine. The do have spray products as you wondered about, also short informative little videos on each product to click on and view. I did not do the intensive prepping, just washed, used the liquid Paint Prep, then applied the Ceramic Paint Sealant, period. I too am 72 years old, remember Tom Sawyer and the white washing of the picket fence story? Well I had some fun help from my 15 year old Grandson and my Granddaughter’s 16 year old boyfriend who upon watching me start REALLY wanted to help. Heck I even bought Pizza delivered and sodas and we 3 had a heck of a good time doing it!!!
Check out the McKees 37 site and videos and then see if you can do a Tom Sawyer job of it)