RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2015, 10:34 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Whirlpool Washer

I have a washer which will not drain completely and think the trap at the water pump may need cleaning. This will require removal of a cap at the pump intake. Does anyone know if the dain pan below the washer is plumbed to a drain?

slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2015, 06:07 AM   #2

Spartan Chassis
My Whirlpool front loader would not drain. It was the water pump.

My installation just had a pan with no drain hose to outside. Hopefully this got fixed with your 7 year newer Newmar.

Pump was easy to replace once the washer was out of the cabinet. Was fairly difficult to get back in. Washer was heavy with the built-in concrete weights in it. Mass dampens out vibrations.

Good Luck and let us know what you find.

shaman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:41 PM   #3

Whirlpool drain.

We had a similar problem with our 2015 Venting 4369. We learned not to use 'color catcher' sheets. Our pan did not drink to the outside. However, we were able to catch a lot of the water in a cup (dumping in a larger container as we went) by unscrewing the cap slowly. It spewed out in a friendly manner. It took 3 towels to dry the pan fairly well. We left the doors open to allow the rest to evaporate.

Hope this helps.
ckozma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:52 PM   #4

I know the Ventana pans are drained outside but that may be an ugrade that the Essex don't have.
David D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:15 PM   #5

My Whirlpool occasionally gives me an A10 error code indicating a drain problem when it's really suds problem. It usually happens at a campground with very soft water. The washer is extremely sensitive to suds.
Try running the DRAIN/SPIN cycle repeatedly until it stops giving that code. It usually takes two or three times. Next time use less detergent.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:25 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Kit, funny you should mention the suds angle. We did, in a pinch, substitute some "regular" laundry soap for the HE soap on ONE load and the problem then began. As soon as the Tin Man stops by to install a drain in my pan I plan to further check this thing out.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:33 PM   #7

Does anyone know, or tried to find out, if there is a way to by-pass the door lock-out until it finishes a cycle? I know it was possible to do on the combo Splendid units, making it possible to add or check on items before they actually finish in the current cycle. This would also help to get rid of excess soap suds during the cycle. I always assumed this lock was just because the combo unit was also a dryer and things could be hot causing a careless person to get burned.

Our present GE washer at home will come to a screeching (and it does screech) halt anytime the lid is raised during a cycle. Or it can be Paused without ending the cycle like the Whirlpool in our coach does.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:37 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Someone else here is THE expert on all things washing, but I'm thinking with a front load they don't want the door opened unless it's at the end of the cycle when all the water is out of the drum. SHE tells me if you power it down, the door will open after a period of time. ME?....I'm the guy who gets to fix all things that might break.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:58 AM   #9

Mine has a small CANCEL/DRAIN button on the control panel.