Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2019, 05:49 PM   #57

I have a "Splendide" Combination washer/dryer I would like to sell. We never use it and the extra closet space is more valuable to us.
stockcar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2019, 06:52 PM   #58

Whirlpool WFC7500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlee View Post
Once again my Whirlpool washer has gone home to the Whirlpool mother ship. I have called Whirlpool, what a joke. You would think if they have the guts to sell something as bad as this they would have customer service to help troubleshoot. I have emailed Newmar two days ago and have not heard back. You would think if they have the guts to install something this bad, they too would be willing to help. So I am asking the good people of the forum. So here goes. BTW, I have searched the forum and found some similar problems but not quite the same.

The washer fails to go into high spin mode in any of the wash cycles. I can do a quick diagnostic check and the washer will go into high spin and complete the test properly. That rules out the motor, the belt, and the clutch. I have tried it with clothes and without clothes. The other weird thing is during the wash cycles, the time remaining display will stick on a given time, say 13 min, or 9 min, or maybe 5 min and then the cycle will end without the washer ever going into high spin. I might be looking at a door switch or maybe a CCU. If you have experienced this problem, what was changed to correct the problem. Yes, I can replace it with a Bosch or something else, but I would like to get another 8 months out of this one first.
Same here. I cannot tell you the number of times it did not do a fast spin leaving the load of clothes soaking wet. My fix was to do a quick diagnostic test while clothes still in tub. Clothes spun out, then into dryer. My plan is to remove unit and get into ccu. I believe the problem is a control issue and have no idea of cost to repair if at all possible. Has anyone looked at the Splendide? Looking for answers. Did call Whirlpool and was put on terminal hold and gave up. Mine is 6 years old and DW is not afraid to use the washer.
geneb28532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:20 PM   #59

Whirlpool Washer

Have had recurrent problems with a household frontloader for years. Research showed that the connectors to the control board were not making good contact. You might ask the repair person to clean contacts and snug the connectors
Touring Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:55 PM   #60

Whirlpool washer on Fritz

We own a 2018 Essex and our Whirlpool has been in the shop twice for the same issue although not the same as yours but being the catch pan fills up while washing a load of clothes

Like everyone says whirlpool wont touch unless removed from cabinet so we returned from our trip and then drove the 300 miles to where we purchased it

Stayed two days as it was removed and repaired with whirlpool indication it was a pump 300 miles back to our home and upon leaving for our next journey
We encountered the same problem Upon some good ole ass chewing it was returned once again after our trip and this time they discovered it was a sticky selonoid that allows the water to drain properly

So far that fix worked

Still for a 900K plus coach the little isdues still show their ugly little heads every now and then
DrRuss333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:47 AM   #61

Can the Spin cycle be controlled by a manual button or switch that you can have a repair person add to your washer? I am old school.....if it spun before....why can't I just make it spin with my own switch or controller???? Just a thought to outsmart Whirlpool. "WHIRLPOOL.....I hope your feeling all of this free advertisement your getting with your lack of Tech Service or warranty repairs. Makes me think I wouldn't buy or endorse their products reading all of these issues. best of luck....As I had similar issues with LIPPERT BRAKE COMPONENTS....No service and their products are imported from Asia somewhere......NO ONE KNOWS. J.U.N.K.
alpenlite29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:30 AM   #62

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenlite29 View Post
Can the Spin cycle be controlled by a manual button or switch that you can have a repair person add to your washer? I am old school.....if it spun before....why can't I just make it spin with my own switch or controller???? Just a thought to outsmart Whirlpool. "WHIRLPOOL.....I hope your feeling all of this free advertisement your getting with your lack of Tech Service or warranty repairs. Makes me think I wouldn't buy or endorse their products reading all of these issues. best of luck....As I had similar issues with LIPPERT BRAKE COMPONENTS....No service and their products are imported from Asia somewhere......NO ONE KNOWS. J.U.N.K.
Yes they are made out of this country but Whirlpool is at fault for that. Not China or Asia. The companies out of this country will make it as good as you want or let them for " $2 more please". The trouble is Whirlpool or Lippert doesn't want to pay the $2 bucks more. So failures continue. How is it those same companies come to the USA and built cars with US employees their products are as good or better than what is built at GM or Ford plants in this country. Nissan, Mazda, Kia, Honda, Toyota, Hundai, VW and BMW all built here in the US. I know VW and BMW are not Asian but the point is that in SC the BMW plant builds more cars than any other BMW plant in the world, yes Bavaria included, and ships cars built in the US to China. Maintains the QC and makes money. So Asia or China built isn't the real problem. It is solely Whirlpools. They pay for junk and they get junk. But charge us for a good product.

My 2015 DS had a Whirlpool washer that was serviced four times in less than three years. I called Whirlpool and it took some research but did talk to a person in customer relations. What did I care my 2015 coach was going to a dealer as a trade in and my 2018 DS was already half way done in production? But I was persistent. Whirlpool first wanted me to pay, if I remember correctly $250 for a new unit. Whirlpool didn't know I was trading my coach but they finely agreed to have a new replacement Washer shipped to the dealer of my choice free of charge. I had to sign a paper that said that the old unit was to be scraped, which I did. I had it shipped to my dealer and before the coach went to the new owner it got the new Whirlpool replacement installed.

My 2018 DS has a different unit than the 2015 had. Looks the same except the control panel is different. The new model is WFW3090GW .

https://www.whirlpool.com/laundry/wa...wfw3090gw.html

It has run now for 16 months almost every day without skipping a beat. BTW I looked at some of the reviews that were bad. The one with the door lock had happened to us but it was because there is a button on the the panel that allows for "delayed spin cycles" if it is on the door will not open. Turned the program off by releasing the button and it is back to the way it is suppose to work. Operator error plan and simple. The other complaint as to vibration while spinning also was happening but in my coach the cross bar was not secured to the side walls as well as it needed to be so we had Newmar address that and the vibrations are all but gone. I do find that if we do a light load, say just whites, as in under ware, it is more prone to a bit of vibration. But if we do a complete bedding set for the King bed, both sheets and both pillow cases it fills the washer full but there is absolutely no vibration period.

So maybe the folks having the problems should make a call to customer relations and work something out. Persistence helps as does not being rude. Just keep asking for their supervisor and you may have success.

Hope this helps. i want to be clear that I have no connections to Whirlpool or any appliance store in anyway.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:26 PM   #63

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
With our "Smart Appliances", I have found when one of them is acting up or won't turn on, removing power source, by opening CB for a minute usually clears things up for awhile.
Hangfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:45 PM   #64

Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlee View Post
Once again my Whirlpool washer has gone home to the Whirlpool mother ship. I have called Whirlpool, what a joke. You would think if they have the guts to sell something as bad as this they would have customer service to help troubleshoot. I have emailed Newmar two days ago and have not heard back. You would think if they have the guts to install something this bad, they too would be willing to help. So I am asking the good people of the forum. So here goes. BTW, I have searched the forum and found some similar problems but not quite the same.

The washer fails to go into high spin mode in any of the wash cycles. I can do a quick diagnostic check and the washer will go into high spin and complete the test properly. That rules out the motor, the belt, and the clutch. I have tried it with clothes and without clothes. The other weird thing is during the wash cycles, the time remaining display will stick on a given time, say 13 min, or 9 min, or maybe 5 min and then the cycle will end without the washer ever going into high spin. I might be looking at a door switch or maybe a CCU. If you have experienced this problem, what was changed to correct the problem. Yes, I can replace it with a Bosch or something else, but I would like to get another 8 months out of this one first.
My washer was serviced by NIRVC and mine was out of balance. Will load and run it through a full cycle to see if it corrects the problem.
JELLIS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:49 PM   #65

Fleetwood Owners Club
Whirlpool washer

Our whirlpool washer quit working today. Doesn’t matter what cycle you try to use it will start to fill for about 5 seconds then fill a little more water then stop. It will then end the cycle and I get a F.07 error code where the time remaining is to be. That code says there’s an electrical problem. Whirlpool CS was no help. All she did was read to me what was in the owners manual and said to turn the breaker off for 5 to 10 minutes and that MIGHT help. It didn’t!!! It’s going to dealer when I get home next week. It should be covered under the extended warranty. It’s not even two years old yet. Last year it was the refrigerator. Whirlpool is not making quality products.
dpavlosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:41 AM   #66

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello everyone.......I have read this thread from the beginning.....

Very interesting thread and lots of good thoughts, comments, possible fixes. Very interesting comparison between the foreign auto industry and Whirlpool.

But in my view, it comes down to trust.

I no longer trust our Whirlpool washer!! Plain and simple.

If you read, most of the problems are from late model rigs.

So who do you blame?

Sure, the manufacturer could so a better job, as suggested, could the motor home manufacturer have put in a more reliable machine?

Sure.....

In my view, whether you pay $200K or $900K, the materials used should at least have some sort of life expectancy, problem free, of at least a few years.

I have replaced a few items in my 2017 motor home because they stopped working, which in my view, were cheap and should have had a longer life!! And my manufacturer is suppose to be known as a premium builder....hmmmm.

So I will replace our washing machine to something that "appears" to be a little more reliable.....from reviews, which are all subjective!!

Just my thoughts......have a good weekend everyone.

g
Old 02-23-2019, 08:19 AM   #67

Whirlpool washing machine

Same high spin issue with ours. A visit by a private repair service diagnosed the issue as “over sudsing”. My wife is a retired Consumer Science instructor and taught how to use a HE washing machine so she was using only a tablespoon of HE detergent per wash. It was not operator error. After “cleaning” we paid our $89. It worked for 3 weeks and began coding F22...”clothes left in washer”. Since we had moved to new location in Florida, we contacted Whirlpool directly this time. With no prompting or requests, they offered a no-charge “Goodwill” repair even though we are out of warranty by 4 months. The tech from “Flamingo”, the authorized servicer that Whirlpool uses in Florida and Georgia, diagnosed several problems. He was knowledgeable about this washer and does repairs in RVs. So next week we are scheduled to get the following replaced...both inner and outer drum with bearings, both door latches, elec control board, and pump. Two techs are coming and can make the repairs right in the coach. With that many expensive parts I asked Whirlpool to consider just replacing the machine thinking that their wholesale price would probably be cheaper than the rebuild plus labor. While it was considered, they are going with the repair for now—-but at no cost to us. Obviously they know this an issue with this machine. We have a 17 Entegra. I asked Entegra to open an “incident ticket” to make them aware of this problem. Entegra tends to back their coaches sometimes even when out of warranty a bit. Right now it’s in Whirlpool’s hands. Stay tuned.
oggiedoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:29 AM   #68
Lea

The water left in the washer and “no spin” issue on our home Duet was solved by taking apart the pump (Online video). Found globs of lint and a small sock. Socks now go in a mesh bag and no problems in 2 years. I know this is a different machine, but the repair person said we needed to junk ours and get a new one so our online investigation helped a lot
Lea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:06 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggiedoggie View Post
Same high spin issue with ours. A visit by a private repair service diagnosed the issue as “over sudsing”. My wife is a retired Consumer Science instructor and taught how to use a HE washing machine so she was using only a tablespoon of HE detergent per wash. It was not operator error. After “cleaning” we paid our $89. It worked for 3 weeks and began coding F22...”clothes left in washer”. Since we had moved to new location in Florida, we contacted Whirlpool directly this time. With no prompting or requests, they offered a no-charge “Goodwill” repair even though we are out of warranty by 4 months. The tech from “Flamingo”, the authorized servicer that Whirlpool uses in Florida and Georgia, diagnosed several problems. He was knowledgeable about this washer and does repairs in RVs. So next week we are scheduled to get the following replaced...both inner and outer drum with bearings, both door latches, elec control board, and pump. Two techs are coming and can make the repairs right in the coach. With that many expensive parts I asked Whirlpool to consider just replacing the machine thinking that their wholesale price would probably be cheaper than the rebuild plus labor. While it was considered, they are going with the repair for now—-but at no cost to us. Obviously they know this an issue with this machine. We have a 17 Entegra. I asked Entegra to open an “incident ticket” to make them aware of this problem. Entegra tends to back their coaches sometimes even when out of warranty a bit. Right now it’s in Whirlpool’s hands. Stay tuned.
Not sure where you are in Florida, but when the "no final spin" issue first started with our washer Whirlpool had a tech from Flamingo respond. He ran some tests and hinted it was operator error. Months later at the factory visit they did the shim on the door latch, still did not fix issue. Adding the extra rinse cycle has helped slightly. We may try using less soap as has been suggested after our stock of pods runs out.

I will certainly be watching your updates to see what happens.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:01 PM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Update: This fixed mine for the last month plus continuing.......

Our Whirlpool washer continues to function well. Susan uses it 3 or 4 times per week and is very happy with how it cleans our clothes. She uses HE liquid detergent and ensures the amount is less than the "max" indicator.

I understand many poster's ire over the failure of their washer to spin properly. It's seems RV life involves dealing with appliance/equipment failures on a fairly frequent basis. Right now I'm chasing an inverter control panel and fantastic fan failures. Zen-like mindfulness helps me address these problems.

Based on the help I've read here and my own experience, these are the steps I will take if our washer again fails the high speed spin mode:

1. Check any suspicion washer is not draining properly due to pump failure or outlet blockage by removing the drain hose from the stand pipe, holding it over a 5 gallon bucket and observing the drainage rate during the wash drain cycle. The washer should empty forcefully about 2.5 gallons of water in very short order (about 20 seconds). It's not necessary to remove any connections. Slow or weak drainage rates might indicate a pump failure or blockage.

2. Reset the control unit of the empty washer by setting cycle to "Clean Washer" and then pressing "cancel/drain" button 4 times quickly. Reset cycle will take some time.

3. Use bleach and hot water selection in a heavy duty wash to clean suds detector. Use several cycles if necessary to regain the drain and high speed spin mode.

This involves theory and not science. Hopefully anyone else finding success or failure with this protocol will share it with the forum.

Good luck, everyone.
Libremente is offline   Reply With Quote