Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2019, 05:17 AM   #85

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-RVer View Post
All - Found the common thread, units older 2017 and before. Sounds like newer model works good. Suspect I am getting newer model in our coach. One of the first things will do is get some semi rigid foam and figure out a way to block the tub to be safe. Our current Kenmore stacked unit works flawlessly, and has from day one, both made by whirlpool. What happened to quality products from good companies? Our home set is a Miele, it had some growing pains the first year. The soap/bleach drawer always gets pushed out at the end of a cycle from air pressure in the high speed spin.
If from what I have read here - - - your new Ventana could have a Splendide washer.......

When is your rigged scheduled to be delivered? I am real interested to see what you get.

Please keep me/us posted.

Thanks,

g
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2019, 01:02 PM   #86

all was well after resetting.....until the old high spin problem came back. Tried every possible fix. I think a different brand washer is in the horizon.....AND SOON! Thanks to all for the replies.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:06 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesimonson View Post
I need some help with how to remove the current Whirlpool washer. Does anyone have the steps you followed for a Newmar? Mine is an 08 MA but the installation method likely has not changed. How is it held in place? Did it fit through your front door easily? Any tricks to make it easier? Thank you.
I have a 2019 CS so mine may be mounted different. However, I bought a single 8' 2x6 and a few deck screws. I removed the cabinet doors and built a platform in front of the washer. I was then able to slide the washer straight out from the cabinet and then tip it toward the front of the motor home to completely remove it. Of course I did have to disconnect the water and drain lines.

I was just getting it out far enough for the Whirlpool guy to work on it so I didn't fully remove it from the motorhome.

I didn't take any pix but I do still have the boards I used to make the platform and could probably piece it back together and snap a photo if you think that might be helpful. Let me know.

As a side note, my washer started acting up after my generator shut down unexpectedly due to an over heat issue. At the time I had the water heater and both air conditioners operating. I thought maybe the generator had somehow caused a power spike to harm the washer. Don't know for sure. At any rate, I did add a surge protector to the plug of both the washer and dryer. Don't know if it helps but it does make me feel better.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:09 PM   #88

Newmar Owners Club
The dealer says June. The order sheet we filled out for options shows Whirlpool, and the 19 models showing up on the internet show the WP with the black panel on the front.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:30 AM   #89

Switched to liquid soap and using very little. Washer still only does the final spin about half the time. Load size and type makes zero difference. I may mess around with the leveling of it but other than that I'm just hoping it falls apart soon.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:45 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-RVer View Post
The dealer says June. The order sheet we filled out for options shows Whirlpool, and the 19 models showing up on the internet show the WP with the black panel on the front.
We had our DS built in mid to late Feb and did not have the WP.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:09 AM   #91

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
We had our DS built in mid to late Feb and did not have the WP.
Yea...looks like Newmar has moved to Splendide...
richpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:40 AM   #92

Newmar Owners Club
Guess we are going to wait and see. Hope i get the Samsung TV's as well. Not a huge fan of the Sony Brand, but will live with it until quits, then either get warranty or replace it myself. But remember, RV's are earthquake going down the road, especially with the quality of our roads today.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
If from what I have read here - - - your new Ventana could have a Splendide washer.......

When is your rigged scheduled to be delivered? I am real interested to see what you get.

Please keep me/us posted.

Thanks,

g

Just spoke with our salesperson. Our Ventana goes into production on Wednesday with a May delivery. We're getting a Splendide W/D. I am thrilled!
Old 04-16-2019, 05:12 AM   #94

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunni View Post
Just spoke with our salesperson. Our Ventana goes into production on Wednesday with a May delivery. We're getting a Splendide W/D. I am thrilled!
Good for you........!!!!!

g
Old 04-16-2019, 07:28 AM   #95

Newmar Owners Club
Newmar has confirmed splendide, and no Samsung, different size. The Sony is 49" and the Samsung is 50 or 55, so cabinet/televator needs to be revamped. Can anyone provide model number on Sony, there are about 5 sets which measure 49" and want to get the right manuals, going to be learning curve on this because each manufacture has their own menu system.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:48 PM   #96

Last week I called Newmar to asked if they had a special number to call to get a whirlpool repairman who would work on the washer, in place. He said Newmar has a special number to call to get an RV qualified whirlpool man out. Got number and in a week he was out. He tested and corrected. Worked correctly. For how long, we will soon find out. What I was trying to tell all of you is to call Newmar and ask fo special whirlpool number to get a qualified RV guy out there. Ours came out from Bakersfield a 2-1/2 hour drive.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:37 AM   #97

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunni View Post
My build was in March and I just picked up my coach. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Splendide W/D in my NA.

Made me look at the tv in hopes they swapped the Sony for the Samsung. Darn... guess they still have a little stock in inventory to offload.
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:18 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndramtd View Post
My coach has wheels for a reason, so I just bought a new Splendide washer and never looked back. A much superior machine.
Dar
Sounds like Newmar made a good move switching over to Splendide for 2020.
Mapnerd is offline   Reply With Quote