Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2017, 06:37 PM   #1

Whistling noise outside coach

Has anybody else noticed a whistling sound on the driver side of their coach.? I think it may be coming from the driver side mirror mounted outside. It seems worse heading in certain directions.
SCCRUISER is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2017, 07:38 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Windows usually have a water weep hole in the frame on the bottom outside. Some manufacturers cover them with wind guards. When they fall off the wind whistle gets louder.

BTW - Welcome?

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:07 AM   #3

Check your windshield really close around the area where they fit int the body of the RV, Had the same thing on my Dutch Star and noticed a small gap between the glass and the fiberglass body on the drivers side, ( too many curbs I guess ) had it repositioned and resealed and no more noise. Good luck
Old 12-19-2017, 01:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
Windows usually have a water weep hole in the frame on the bottom outside. Some manufacturers cover them with wind guards. When they fall off the wind whistle gets louder.

BTW - Welcome?

Brian
What he said....

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:04 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Antennas????

g
Old 12-19-2017, 06:04 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCRUISER View Post
Has anybody else noticed a whistling sound on the driver side of their coach.? I think it may be coming from the driver side mirror mounted outside. It seems worse heading in certain directions.

Welcome to the forum SCCRUISER! What kind of coach are you driving? If it's a Newmar that whistle may be coming from the admiration of those you pass by!

Cheers
Old 12-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #7

Thanks, thought that might have been the problem so I tried covering the weep holes as well as with the little plastic drains in them, no change
Old 12-31-2017, 06:09 PM   #8

After your reply I went and checked the driver side window. I did notice some cracking in the rubber sealant around the window. I will see if I can seal that better and then take it out for a test. Hopefully i will hear some improvement. Thanks
Old 12-31-2017, 07:44 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
We've had limited success adjusting the driver's side mirror. I'm guessing your VTDP has a rear-twisted rear view mirror on that side that's very close to the coach. I have no real data on this theory but I suspect it would create enough turbulence to make some noise. Wind noises, rattles, and squeaks seem to come and go and often remain a mystery to me. Once in a while I actually solve and eliminate one.
Bushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:28 PM   #10

I have noticed speed had a lot to do with my noisy coach
aden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #11

I doesn't really make noise at slow speeds but it doesn't start making noise at any specific speed so I'm pretty sure it is something else. I am going to add more caulking around the windows as somebody else suggested to see if that helps but thanks for the reply
Old 01-18-2018, 09:50 PM   #12

That's what I thought it was. I was going to try and extend the driver side mirror out front like the passenger side mirror but haven't figured out how to do that. I know it would be harder to see from the drivers seat but I would like to give it a try and was hoping somebody else had already tried it.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcker View Post
Check your windshield really close around the area where they fit int the body of the RV, Had the same thing on my Dutch Star and noticed a small gap between the glass and the fiberglass body on the drivers side, ( too many curbs I guess ) had it repositioned and resealed and no more noise. Good luck
Yep me to. Resealed the windshield and no more whistle.
"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans, #5016
127,000 miles and counting...
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:18 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCRUISER View Post
we have the same noise..but starts at real low speed....sometimes the noise seems to shift to the right side...wondered if its the mirrors...C
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise