Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2015, 09:46 AM   #1429

Smile Leaving the Camp today...

We have been here for 3 nights, and are leaving this PM. Others have left today, and there are now several spots in the main lot that are empty. The breakfast at the Dutch Kitchen is awesome, the Mexican isn't bad on the other end of town, and the burger at Hunter's Hideway is OK, just go in the back door to avoid the smoke in the bar! We have had a very successful visit, as Jason, our tech, really cares about his work! Good luck to the next batch coming in...Vern
bedlski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2015, 07:36 PM   #1430

Got in Thursday night, had to be in the Delaware street lot. THis morning they turned water off to the sites. I'm not sure about the hookups at the main lot though.

This was our first visit to club Newmar. Everyone we met was very friendly and courteous. We stopped by the Kountry Klub office and met Linda, introduced ourselves and bought 2 hats and a couple of shirts.

We hit the 10:00 tour, really neat to see the way these go together!!! Everyone on the line seams to do a great job.

At 1:00 we still had not seen anyone from service to go over the work with us, so I tracked back to the office and asked if someone was coming over to talk to us as I know most people cut out around 2 and we didn't (couldn't) hang around until Monday to go over the work we wanted done.

Ten minutes after I got back to the coach a guy came over and went over our list, got everything straitened out and we were ready to leave as soon as we took in the slides and raised the levelers.

As for Nappanee, what a pleasant surprise!!!! We enjoyed our short visit there more than the 5 days at the Smokey Mountains. Everyone was a pleasure to speak with. We had a burger at the Hunter Hideaway Thursday night, very good food and great service. Yes the smoke was bothersome, but we sat in the back and took it in stride. This morning we had coffee and pastries at the Main Street Coffee House, another hit! Missed a great breakfast, but we tried to sleep in a bit and didn't want to miss the 10:00 tour. We grabbed a BBQ sandwich at the market and groups of shops east of downtown - can't recall the name of the place but good food at a reasonable price.

So in 2 weeks, we should be heading back to pick up Scooter, looking forward to the next visit and hope to have a little more time to see the area.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:14 PM   #1431

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slolane View Post
Got in Thursday night, had to be in the Delaware street lot. THis morning they turned water off to the sites. I'm not sure about the hookups at the main lot though....
Well, I stand corrected. We've never been in the Delaware lot so didn't know they turn off the water there. They definitely have freeze proof faucets in the main lot and there's potable water faucet by the dump station in the main lot you can fill your tank with if you have to head over to Delaware.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:44 AM   #1432

Thanks for the info, Slolane.
jdocter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:43 PM   #1433

We are due to arrive sometime on Sunday 11-1 for at least a 4 night stay. Whoever is around, be sure to stop by the DSDP with the Mystique colors and say hello. Save us a spot. ;-)
FirstTimerNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:57 PM   #1434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2go View Post
Well, I stand corrected. We've never been in the Delaware lot so didn't know they turn off the water there. They definitely have freeze proof faucets in the main lot and there's potable water faucet by the dump station in the main lot you can fill your tank with if you have to head over to Delaware.
The water lines on Delaware don't have freeze protection.

One other thing - we were told last week was the last afternoon factory tour for the winter, so if you want to do the tour, you better show up for the 10:00 AM session for the winter, or double check to see if we got wrong info.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:44 PM   #1435

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slolane View Post
One other thing - we were told last week was the last afternoon factory tour for the winter, so if you want to do the tour, you better show up for the 10:00 AM session for the winter, or double check to see if we got wrong info.
Yep...they've posted it on their website. From Nov. 2nd to March 31st --- 10 am tour only.

The news just gets better and better. I'm thinking we messed up ordering in September. We were looking forward to going up for the build...but I'm not sure that it's worth all the travel to only catch a viewing once a day. Then we're still trying to figure out how to take all the winter clothes with us for factory pick-up in the dead of winter.

Had I known then...what I know now...we would have waited until next year to place the order.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:56 PM   #1436

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
Yep...they've posted it on their website. From Nov. 2nd to March 31st --- 10 am tour only.

The news just gets better and better. I'm thinking we messed up ordering in September. We were looking forward to going up for the build...but I'm not sure that it's worth all the travel to only catch a viewing once a day. Then we're still trying to figure out how to take all the winter clothes with us for factory pick-up in the dead of winter.

Had I known then...what I know now...we would have waited until next year to place the order.
My coach was in building 7 the first week of December last year. I drove all the way from Houston on my own and had no idea that there was only one tour a day in the winter until the Monday morning tour ended, I was a bit ticked!

But, it was worth the drive and putting up with the cold to watch it go through production, very pleased I made the trip and got to experience it even though it was only one visit a day.

I did my delivery at Coachlight in Carthage MO the first week of January and then on to HWH on January 11th to install Active Air. I had to ask myself what the heck I was thinking about! Yes it was cold but I doubt I'll ever get a chance at another photo like this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5713.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	443.4 KB
ID:	110936  
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:47 PM   #1437

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
SWag,

Thanks for that... I'm feeling better about the whole winter challenge. Hope the storms cooperate. We don't like sleet, snow, ice pellet storms...otherwise, the cold never bothered us anyway.

What on earth did you do with the other 20 something hours per day in Nappanee during the wintertime???
Old 11-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #1438

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
SWag,

Thanks for that... I'm feeling better about the whole winter challenge. Hope the storms cooperate. We don't like sleet, snow, ice pellet storms...otherwise, the cold never bothered us anyway.

What on earth did you do with the other 20 something hours per day in Nappanee during the wintertime???
Probably trying to stay warm!!

Actually, I met others who were there for delivery and service. That's one thing I have come to enjoy about my trips to Camp Newmar, always great people to meet and spend time with.

I have to admit I was a bit nervous about a all that time and travel in the month of January but I was fortunate not to encounter snow. Hope for the same for you.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:27 AM   #1439

Newmar Owners Club
We wont be staying in our coach, but we are arriving tomorrow night, November 3rd. We will be in a hotel until our coach is ready. Newmar staff have been so easy to work with. Cant wait to meet them.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:26 PM   #1440

Newmar Owners Club
Woo hoo! If you see a DSDP with a red stripe come by and say hello!
Old 11-03-2015, 03:37 PM   #1441

Suggested Directions

Hi:
We are scheduled to be at the factory for next Monday. I was wondering the best directions from the Detroit area. I can easily make it to where I-69 and I-94 meet in Michigan. From that point there are several options and I was wondering which one is best.

My good old Streets & Trips (I know its obsolete) suggests I-69 to the I-80 toll road to exit 101 to SR15 to IN120 to CR17 to IN119 to IN19 to US6 to Arnott Street.

Just looking at paper maps made me wonder about taking I-69 to US-6 and following it west.

Comments & suggestions welcomed.

Don
don8ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:47 PM   #1442

Newmar Owners Club
Hi don8ch,
I take I 69 to 6 West coming from the south. It should be good for you coming from the north. When you get about 10 miles from Nappanee, there will be an intersection with a traffic light. A fuel station (with truck pumps) is on the opposite side and on the left. This is a good place to fill up before getting to Newmar. If all else fails there is a fuel stop as you enter Nappanee on the right. It is part of the Martins food store. A bit more difficult to get in and out but not impossible.

While in Nappanee, the biggest thing you need to watch out for is weight gain. An example is have breakfast at the Dutch Kitchen. Go west on Cheyenne Street and make the first right (at the stop sign). The Dutch Kitchen is about 100 yards on the left.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote