Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #3235

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
At the NKK rally last week the Newmar staff gave us some info on the tour changes.

I think the tours are not available until April 1 and then they are changing the tour to a more comprehensive one in the morning (including paint and service center) and they think it will take 2.5 hrs, so starting at 9am. The afternoon tour will be the same old tour (whatever that was).
They prefer to have new buyers or people that haven't been there before, on the morning tour and they will limit it to 20 people and a reservation must be made - they will publish the new plan later. A bus will be provided now.
About the new campgrounds - they said that when you get a service date you will be assigned a passcode to get in the gate and the days you are to be in service are entered into that gate DB. When you leave the camp ground on the last day of your service you can't get back in. If you happen to leave in your towed on the last day, maybe to get something like lunch, when you come back, you won't be able to get back in. I'm sure there will be some changes as they learn how to control the campground. The rule is, if you don't have a service appt, you can't get into the new campground. They did say the old campground will be available for people Newmar people passing through.
Thank you very much for the updates. Looking forward to visiting thefactory.
Vagabells is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2019, 03:54 PM   #3236

Quote:
Originally Posted by WulfHaslett View Post
We were at the Newmar campground in May. It was beautiful weather. Cool enough for a jacket, but not cold. I loved it.
I have an appt on May 1 - keeping my fingers crossed on the weather. Also hoping the asphalt plants fire up before that so the campground will be finished before I get there. I would like to see it all finished since I may not ever get there again.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:48 AM   #3237

With the new campground at the service center are there still spots for Newmar motorhomes to just take the factory tour?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:15 AM   #3238

Newmar Owners Club
Hi reubenray,
There will still be the old (current) Camp Newmar for people who just want to take the factory tour. Not sure how many spots or the utility connections.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:56 PM   #3239

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Can anyone tell me about how the campground works in the Winter? Looks like I may be there on the 18th of February to correct errors made by my (so-called) dealer. I have an appointment, but will cancel if the weather is the same as it is this week. Hope it warms up a bit. I can stand cold, but would not be happy at below zero. Had originally planned to go in June, but now (thanks to dealer maintenance ineptness)
, I cannot level automatically or front to back (just side to side), half my KIB lighting does not work, my KIB switches to turn on my floor heat do not work, and my tank measuring mechanisms have failed, fresh grey AND Black. Fun, fun, fun......
Old 01-29-2019, 03:58 PM   #3240

Well, the new campground will not be ready until sometime in April. So now you have to stay at the old campground. They should have sent you some paperwork explaining how the old CG works. I have heard that touching/moving a cone that is in a site is a bad thing. Others that have more experience in the old CG can add to this.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:38 PM   #3241

Newmar Owners Club
Hi hamgva,
For me, I'd arrive on a date that is best for weather. Being there in mid-February you will most likely have the place to yourself. Try for a full hook-up site. You will need to fill your water tank then shut off the shore water and run off of tank water. Return the water hose to inside the coach basement. Same with sewer, dump then return the hose to inside the coach basement. RKins is correct, if there is an orange cone in a site, the site is taken do not move the cone or take the site. Past experience says you will see no cones. There are so few owners there, there is no need for the cones. I have been at Camp Newmar and been the only coach there for my entire stay!

This does not mean service has nothing to do. During the winter, owners leave their coach and Newmar contacts them when the work is completed. When you visit the service center you will see it is full.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:53 PM   #3242

if anyone is at camp newmar now through friday, they better be ready for the cold !!!!
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:01 PM   #3243

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post
if anyone is at camp newmar now through friday, they better be ready for the cold !!!!
Yes, I was there in December and registered with the city of Nappanee so I could use the dog park. As a result I receive Nappanee emails (until I get around to unsubscribing).

I received one today stating the city is closing its offices tomorrow and Wednesday due to the cold. And these are people who are used to cold!
WardSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:27 AM   #3244

How crowded will the old campground be in the middle of September? I am assuming these sites are first come first served. I am wanting to stay a few nights to see the factory. Also how much do the sites cost per night for water and electricity and are there any grassy areas for dogs?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:55 AM   #3245

Newmar Owners Club
Hi reubenray,
There is no cost to stay at the old Camp Newmar. Can't answer your question as to how crowed it will be. Every year is different. There is one grassy area off what used to be the main customer lounge.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:36 AM   #3246

Newmar Camp

Rubenray, there is a huge field beside the old campground, which you might have to stay at, but maybe not . Even the new campground has open spaces for your dogs. It is free for Newmar owners, don't think they allow others to stay there. We had a great time when we stayed there. Lots of nice people to talk to.
WulfHaslett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:17 AM   #3247

Newmar Owners Club
Hi WulfHaslett,
Anyone can stay at the existing Camp Newmar.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:52 PM   #3248

Hi Guys will be at Camp Newmar on 2-18-19 But i have a Hotel room . They are doing couple days work on new coach thought it would be better for them to keep it in building 42 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Ajhyman is offline   Reply With Quote