Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #3515

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
Thanks for the information. However, since I've never been to the Newmar facility I have no idea where the "old" FHU area or the "old customer service building" is located. Is there any way to be more specific?

I guess I figure that even if the water is off in the OF area I could probably talk somebody in the FHU area into letting me fill my tank if necessary.
Did you get the brochure from service? Service information brochure.pdf

We've never been before either but I'm counting on this helping out - until I find out otherwise.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2019, 07:54 PM   #3516

Quote:
Originally Posted by lce3 View Post
Did you get the brochure from service? Attachment 248271

We've never been before either but I'm counting on this helping out - until I find out otherwise.
I did but it doesn't tell me where the "old FHU area" of "old CS building" is. Maybe my confusion is in the terminology. I think what others call the "old" facilities are what I would refer to as the "current" facilities. I see the as yet unfinished facilities as the "future" facilities.

The marked up photo from RKins is most helpful. Thanks for that. I guess this time next week I'll have it all figured out.

I was planning to leave the toad at home and either renting a car if needed or using my ebike to get around since I'll be alone. Is that a mistake? Should I pull the toad? Travel by myself just seems a lot easier without a toad.

When I talked to customer service a couple of days ago they said there will be plenty of available FHU sites but based on what I read on here it seems unlikely. We'll see. I just hope all the rain and storms go away before I arrive.
Titusville, FL when not on the road
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 04:51 AM   #3517

The Service brochure is good (page 4) for the FHU, Overflow areas and Tour bldg. As for the Service Center, CS Lounge and Parts - those have moved to the new Service Center. The only thing not complete at the new Service Center is the campground.
Do you need a car? It's 2 miles from where you'll be sleeping to where your coach will be serviced. They take it around 6AM and return it around 2ish. I think you'd prefer having your car, especially if the weather stays the same.
Also page 4 points out the Newmar Kountry Klub office on Delaware if you want to visit them.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:07 AM   #3518

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
The Service brochure is good (page 4) for the FHU, Overflow areas and Tour bldg. As for the Service Center, CS Lounge and Parts - those have moved to the new Service Center. The only thing not complete at the new Service Center is the campground.
Do you need a car? It's 2 miles from where you'll be sleeping to where your coach will be serviced. They take it around 6AM and return it around 2ish. I think you'd prefer having your car, especially if the weather stays the same.
Also page 4 points out the Newmar Kountry Klub office on Delaware if you want to visit them.
Thanks. I think I have it figured out now. I still have a few days to contemplate the car but it's looking like you may have changed my mind. I'm starting to lean toward pulling the toad. Really don't want to be riding my bike in the rain for a week.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:48 AM   #3519

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
We drove by the new Camp Newmar today and it looks like they still have a fair amount of work to do before it can be used. I suspect it will be at least July before they can put it into operation.

I'd love to see it finished TOMORROW as we just arrived at the old CN this afternoon and are in the overflow area. The new pads look nice and appear to be well-arranged. Newmar just needs a break in the weather to get the remainder of the work done. And, if tonight is any indication, the weather is still going to be a factor. Storm cells moving through with bursts of thunder/lightning, wind and rain. We're "rockin' and rollin' in Nappanee."

TJ
TJ,

I highly recommend lunch at the Dutch Kitchen I'm sure you've heard of. Nice home style cooked meals. Lady Di would love it I'm sure. However, I have to warn you NOT to eat the Cherry or Apple pies. They are disgusting and in fact they are being recalled, by me. You should advise the Dutch Kitchen that their pies are under health inspection and all pies should be sent to me, I mean, the Richmond, VA health inspection pie division. Once all pies are inspected they will be, or may be, returned for sale. Ohh, a la mode is the key! Enjoy!
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:17 AM   #3520

Yes, I would take my car, you might want to explore other areas. I walked to the Dutch Kitchen several mornings when I was at the old campground. It's a nice walk, but not in rain.
WulfHaslett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:51 AM   #3521

Newmar Tour

We are drifting towards home after the seasons travels and planning a few stops along the way.

Newmar Tour 6/8 - 6/11 We are debating on where to stay, feeling guilty about taking up spots at the factory for that long just to do the tour while folks are trying to get service etc.

Spartan Tour 6/12 - 6/15

Indian Lake State Park OH for a couple of nights and a visit to friends in Troy OH.

Corps of Engineers on the Oh / PA state line

Someplace on the PA NY-NJ state line.

Then home to New England by June 22nd. I84 Danbury CT to Hartford CT YIKES!!

Second season in our 2004 Newmar Dutch Star. After swallowing the first year investment we caught up on 95% of the planned maintenance items this spring before leaving SW Florida. (SW Florida RV Service Rt80 Alva FL)

We are really learning to shorten our trips 150 to 200 miles a day. No hurry no worry even if theirs a hiccup.
craigbenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:33 AM   #3522

Newmar Owners Club
Hi craigbenoit,
There are places to stay in Elkhart an Shipshewana. Many things to do in the area.
In Elkhart there is RV Camping at the Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds

In Shipshewana there is https://shipshewanatradingplace.com/rv/ or Home
and there are other choices in the area.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:42 AM   #3523

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbenoit View Post
We are drifting towards home after the seasons travels and planning a few stops along the way.

We are really learning to shorten our trips 150 to 200 miles a day. No hurry no worry even if theirs a hiccup.
We're with you on the 150-200 miles a day. For us, having a motorhome is about the journey (& our own bed!), not the destination.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:19 PM   #3524
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
TJ,

I highly recommend lunch at the Dutch Kitchen I'm sure you've heard of. Nice home style cooked meals. Lady Di would love it I'm sure. However, I have to warn you NOT to eat the Cherry or Apple pies. They are disgusting and in fact they are being recalled, by me. You should advise the Dutch Kitchen that their pies are under health inspection and all pies should be sent to me, I mean, the Richmond, VA health inspection pie division. Once all pies are inspected they will be, or may be, returned for sale. Ohh, a la mode is the key! Enjoy!
Neal:

Had breakfast at the Dutch Kitchen yesterday. Very good, indeed. Sonicruiser and Cindy arrived at about the same time we did, so we had breakfast together. Really nice visit.

Didn't try those "recalled pies," but stopped by the Rise'n Roll Bakery this morning to pick up a dozen donuts for our work crew...and...couldn't resist also picking up a couple of Key Lime custard-filled pastries and a couple of apple fritters for our breakfast. Don't try to pick up any on your next visit to Nappanee, however, as both those pastry selections have been RECALLED by the Washington/Montana Pastry Commission. For the foreseeable future, they will all be shipped to the TJ testing lab for analysis. Any that pass inspection will be returned to the bakery for sale...but I don't see that happening any time soon!

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:22 PM   #3525

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
Neal:

Had breakfast at the Dutch Kitchen yesterday. Very good, indeed. Sonicruiser and Cindy arrived at about the same time we did, so we had breakfast together. Really nice visit.

Didn't try those "recalled pies," but stopped by the Rise'n Roll Bakery this morning to pick up a dozen donuts for our work crew...and...couldn't resist also picking up a couple of Key Lime custard-filled pastries and a couple of apple fritters for our breakfast. Don't try to pick up any on your next visit to Nappanee, however, as both those pastry selections have been RECALLED by the Washington/Montana Pastry Commission. For the foreseeable future, they will all be shipped to the TJ testing lab for analysis. Any that pass inspection will be returned to the bakery for sale...but I don't see that happening any time soon!

TJ
Sounds good TJ, sounds like the new sheriff is in town! I overnighted half my insulin stash to you. Gotchya covered!

Enjoy Nappanee! Hijack an Essex while you're at it!
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:09 PM   #3526
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Sounds good TJ, sounds like the new sheriff is in town! I overnighted half my insulin stash to you. Gotchya covered!

Enjoy Nappanee! Hijack an Essex while you're at it!
That's the only way us poor MADP folks will ever get an Essex...hijack it. We can't afford to buy one.

TJ
Old 06-07-2019, 03:47 PM   #3527
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Held over by popular demand!

Instead of heading back west tomorrow as planned, we'll be spending the weekend at Camp Newmar and a couple of days at the Oakwood Resort on Newmar's nickel while they fix a water intrusion issue. The techs had hoped to fix the problem by sealing an opening along the frame rail at the front of the coach. A water test with a pressure washer showed that was not the solution.

So, Monday morning, they will remove the fresh water, gray and black tanks so they can fully seal along the frame rails in that area. We are impressed by our tech crew's desire to get it right. They've been like a bulldog on a new bone all week on this issue, and several others. It is a good feeling to know that they aren't willing to settle for just OK.

We've also been impressed by the new service facility. It is huge...50+ service bays with plenty of elbow room around each coach. And, the place is kept spotless. It is like an operating room for motorhomes.

Once the water issue is fixed, we'll start the trek back west. It has been a good trip, but we have some family commitments coming up (including a granddaughter's wedding) that require our presence and need to head home for a bit. One great part of this trip is that we've met several regulars on the Newmar Owner's forum and had a chance to put faces with names.

TJ
Old 06-07-2019, 05:31 PM   #3528

Good to hear they're taking an interest in actually fixing the problem instead of just getting you out the door. I'll be arriving tomorrow around noon and am scheduled to be around for a week. I'm hoping to take less of their time than that. I don't have anything near as complicated as your leak sounds.

My biggest problem is a dead front air and a bad water line heater. Both of those should be simple swap outs. The rest of my list is simple stuff I'd normally fix myself but since I'm there I thought I'd let them handle it.

Also doing the early tour on Tuesday morning. Sitting at Lake Monroe Retreat near Bloomington for the night.