Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #4117

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post

The question is, there's a possibility that friend may join our group. If so, they will be pulling an Airstream trailer. Would it be in bad taste for them to overnight with us in the old CN provided ample space is available?

We visited Newmar and stayed in the campground for 1 night in 2017 to take the factory tour in our SOB Class A. I had called Customer Service prior to our arrival and were told we were welcome to stay in either the main campground if available, or the overflow.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #4118

Newmar Owners Club
Hi hohenwald48,
Absolutely no problem. Seen it happen many times. Too long to type here but rest assured, this is okay with the executive.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:20 AM   #4119

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
We visited Newmar and stayed in the campground for 1 night in 2017 to take the factory tour in our SOB Class A. I had called Customer Service prior to our arrival and were told we were welcome to stay in either the main campground if available, or the overflow.
As others have said staying in the old sites down at the main plant is not a problem, Airstream, Pop up, Tiffin, or what ever. That being said what Ken has said is or was true. I 2017 the only CG was the old one and the full hook ups were considered the main with the overflows being up along the side of the fence. Now today in 2019 the Main CG is the one across from the repair facility and is gate controlled for service appointments only. The old Main CG's are still down at the factory but there aren't any overflow sites, just full hook ups.

I just didn't want anyone to misread Kens post and confuse the New Main Campgrounds with the Old Main Campgrounds.

BTW I looked it up and Winnebago is a Native American word of the Sioux Nation that translates to mean NEWMAR.
2018 DS DP 4369 #607121 Cummins ISL9 450 HP
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:13 AM   #4120

Does anyone know when the service center reopens after the holidays?
Old 12-31-2019, 07:02 AM   #4121

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lce3 View Post
Does anyone know when the service center reopens after the holidays?
Parts is open, just got a New Years note from Joe Gentry.

Customer Service can answer that one I'm sure. But my guess is on Monday the 6th.
2018 DS DP 4369 #607121 Cummins ISL9 450 HP
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:21 PM   #4122

Camp Newmar vs Spartan Services

Question from a newbie to Newmar on a Spartan chassis. If there are no warranty issues is there any reason to believe Newmar can't handle Spartan maintenance? I'm passing through September 2020 and only have about 3 days in the area.

I'm talking engine oil, hydraulic oil, drive axle lube, fuel filter, wet hubs, lube everything kind of stuff.

Thanks.
MarkK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:56 PM   #4123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkK View Post
Question from a newbie to Newmar on a Spartan chassis. If there are no warranty issues is there any reason to believe Newmar can't handle Spartan maintenance? I'm passing through September 2020 and only have about 3 days in the area.

I'm talking engine oil, hydraulic oil, drive axle lube, fuel filter, wet hubs, lube everything kind of stuff.

Thanks.
Newmar service in Nappanee can do your Spartan maintenance. You would need an appointment.

Once we got our appointment scheduled, they forwarded their maintenance sheet showing their recommended intervals and we picked what we wanted done.
Old 01-06-2020, 05:03 AM   #4124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkK View Post

Thanks.
Here is what they sent me
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:53 AM   #4125

Anyone at Camp Newmar this week? I have 2020 London Aire scheduled for delivery at NIRVC in Lawrenceville on the 18th It is black and gold with some gray and blue.
Thanks
drdonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:53 PM   #4126

Newmar Owners Club
Made it, parked, hooked up, ahhhhh

First time at Camp Newmar. Looking forward to the Newmar Service Experience tomorrow morning :-)

I'm going to browse the Parts Department as well. The previous owner of the coach made some modifications that I'd like to undo.

I went to hook up and found there is no water service. Hmmm, oh yeah, its winter here in Indiana, freezing temperatures and all that. Duh.

There are many more coaches here than I thought would be here. They all look shiny and new, not like my just finished a trip from Texas to Florida to Indiana dusty-mobile. I'm hesitant to wash it in freezing temperatures, though.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200310_201516.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	567.6 KB
ID:	277636  
ericllucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:32 AM   #4127

When you get a chance fill up your water tank, so at least you can have water. I don't know if they leave the water off all day or not. Depends on the temperature.
WulfHaslett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 01:08 PM   #4128

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WulfHaslett View Post
When you get a chance fill up your water tank, so at least you can have water. I don't know if they leave the water off all day or not. Depends on the temperature.
I'm betting they leave the water off until the possibility of a freeze has past. That is likely going to be some time past the end of March, I'll bet. I'll be long gone, odometer well spun by then.

Well, my first day here has been nothing but a happy one. Mike the Mechanic (not the guy from Genesis) took a few minutes and walked around my rig and through it and talked about how best to undo the modifications made by the previous owner. The parts guys spent a lot of time researching part numbers and options. Everyone was pleasant. No one thought I was a nut job asking crazy questions.

Ahhhhh, this is how service is supposed to be. My previous experience was with <<insert RV Dealer name here>>. It was an eighteen month ordeal getting the simplest warranty items fixed, only to find out due to the ineptitude of their techs, they broke a few more things in the process. Sometimes they would keep the RV for three weeks only to forget why they had it. No, today was how service is supposed to be. Ahhhhhhh.

There is no substitute for good customer service backed by competence. So nice to find it (finally).
Old 03-12-2020, 05:06 AM   #4129

Yup, they're good techs up there. "The Mothership". They can fill your fresh tank while the coach is inside with them.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:03 AM   #4130

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
Yup, they're good techs up there. "The Mothership". They can fill your fresh tank while the coach is inside with them.
I thought about asking last night, but forgot. In the end, they had me all done, paperwork signed, and I was back spinning the odometer at 0900 this morning.

One of the other guys in the customer lounge confirmed what you say though - they filled his water tank last night before sending him back to the campground.

I told Mike the Mechanic this was easily the best service experience I've ever had with my RV - ever. It was nice that I could ask Mike questions about everything related to my RV in the limited time we interacted together. Time very well spent. I'll do it again.