You are wrong. It is not possible for Newmar to build a service department large enough to significantly reduce the lead time for appointments. Owners return to Newmar time after time because,
1. Professional technicians that only work on Newmar coaches.
2. Techs usually come to service after years on the manufacturing line.
3. Rates are comparable to what dealers charge.
4. Tech leaders are very skilled at working face to face with owners.
5. Techs are very thorough with a coach. They not only repair correctly, they point out things an owner should be aware of for correction.
6. The facility is outstanding.
6a. Shop is large and immaculate.
6b. Owner waiting area is large and comfortable with:
6ba. separate eating room with vending
6bb. separate pet owners lounge
6bd. 2 meeting rooms
6be. separate entrance for parts department
7. "campground" has about 50+ spaces (large spaces)
7a. concrete pads
7b. full hookups
7c. access controlled
8. I could go on.
What other manufacturer has this for its owners? If you have never been their, I encourage you to go and experience what Newmar has built for us, their owners.
Currently the service dept. has about 65 bays. They do coach, chassis and engine work. Therefore, if planned this could be a one stop shop.