RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2020, 10:46 PM   #4341

Quote:
Originally Posted by bydnar View Post
Close, but no cigar. There is cracking of the gelcoat (if there is any) or the base fiberglass (if that's what it is). The cracking emanates from the screws that attach the awning fabric. The fix is to overlay a sheet of aluminum over the cracked substrate. From the vertical sidewall and wraps around up to the roof. Then the overlay gets painted. 7 working days are allocated.

Well Sir, that is not what I experienced. I presented my case accurately as confirmed by Newmar Customer Service, and the shop that corrected the problem. There was not an issue emanating from the screw head. Sorry that you are also experiencing a similar problem. It would then seem that there are at least two scenarios (and no ďcigarsĒ) in play.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2020, 02:21 PM   #4342

Newmar Owners Club
Arrived Wednesday for our appointment Thursday (today). We left the coach after our walk thru this morning. Needing a week to reupholster the two front seats seems long. Then again, its an outside supplier.

Roger called to update me that his portion of the work (a couple of adjustments) is complete. We are waiting on the seats to be completed.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:27 PM   #4343

Newmar Owners Club
Wifi Ranger qestion

I see a few WIFI Ranger signals in the cg. I have a GO-AC and have a red light at the #5 position. I cannot connect. The manual is resident in the system. I'm in site 43.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 11:04 AM   #4344

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Arrived yesterday afternoon with the winds absolutely howling. Old man winter is definitely on the horizon. Almost had a loss of entry door event when the wind absolutely ripped it out of my hand when I got out to disconnect the toad. Thank goodness for robust hinges!

There were about a dozen or so back in sites vacant, and Newmar has all of the pull through sites reserved for their own use, most likely for FPU although there were none in use yesterday or today.

Service is, as always, prompt, courteous, efficient, and outstanding. Covid measures are in place and adhered to. Go to service lobby at 0545, sign waiver form, get temp taken, and given a name tag with sticker that shows you passed the check-in process. Then tech comes to your coach to take it into service. Mask wearing is mandatory inside and I observe 100% compliance.
boiler73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:08 AM   #4345

Do they still have the water on? We come in on Oct 21.
johnboy347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:00 PM   #4346

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Water was on when we left last Friday. I would expect it will still be on when you arrive.
boiler73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:01 AM   #4347

We are sort of there. Actually we are at Quality Inn in Goshen, IN with our two cats. We thought that would be easier for both us and the cats! It is windy here, but the sun is shining!

Sharon and Fred
2018 Dutch Star 4369
2017Chevy Equinnox Toad
sharonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:21 PM   #4348

Heading out tomorrow morning for a Monday appointment for warranty work. Received a call from Carl today to confirm appointment and go over process. Really nice touch! Followed up with e mail. Looking forward to getting the ouch list taken care of in Nappanee.
Loony79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:52 PM   #4349
HTTR

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We left Nappanee this morning after 7 days with the coach in the shop. We were scheduled for 5, but there were a few issues that took longer than expected.

John was great to work with, although the 6AM call each morning is tiring after a while.

They took care of our complete punch list and a couple of extras including a pressure switch for the black tank which should care for our issue with incorrect readings on the black tank gauge.

Overall a very good experience. Dutch Kitchen and Renee's were our favorite breakfast spots. We lunched at Hunters Hideaway of couple of times and we both managed to get our hair cut while in Nappanee.

Safe travels everyone.
Fulltiming since 10-15-2019
swaff54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:41 PM   #4350

We are going to be there tomorrow afternoon. We plan on getting a hotel for most of the week we will be there since everything at Newmar seems to be off limits to non-employees and we can only imagine the line to get temperature tested every morning as well as the delay in getting the coach into a bay each morning.

We will be coming and going to the Service Center so may be able to meet up with some of you folks in the waiting area.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:22 PM   #4351

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Our appointment is still a few weeks 11/11. Iíve read about the good places to eat, and have been to the RV hall of fame. Iím looking for things to do during the day.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:57 AM   #4352

Newmar Owners Club
Our appt. Is week of 11/9 and we decided to get a hotel for the week as well..especially since we have cats and it will be much easier on them too!

Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:59 AM   #4353

I agree, the hotel was easier on the cats. The pet rooms at Newmar were filled with dogs, so my furkids might not have liked that. The folks at the Quality were very pleasant, and they had my favorite creamer - French vanilla - for my tea!

Sharon and Fred and the cats: Gidget, Ivan and Murphy
2018 Dutch Star - the Dilly
2017 Chevy Equinnox - the Toad
sharonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:17 PM   #4354

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
Our appointment is still a few weeks 11/11. Iíve read about the good places to eat, and have been to the RV hall of fame. Iím looking for things to do during the day.
For things to do during the day- Shippshewana IN. has a great flea market as well as downtown shopping. Also - take a ride up to White Pigeon MI- about 35 miles North & visit 2 large RV Surplus Stores- Bontager's RV Surplus - 1-269-483-7017 & Johnsons RV Surplus 1-269-483-2249- both are located along Rt 12 just inside the MI line- its always fun browsing around these places & you can get some real bargains on windshield wiper blades, molding, Etc.
For the best pastries & donuts in the area- go to Rise-N-Roll just north of Nappanee on Rt 19.
Some real good eating places are- Dutch Kitchen for breakfast & lunch- just on the NW corner of Newmar campus. Hunters in downtown Nappanee has good lunches & dinners as well. For the best Salad bar in the area go to Martin's IGA just 3 blocks north of the Newmar Service Center. For dinner try Reene's in Nappanee as well as Mary's Place in Leesburg- SE of Nappanee on Rt 15 as well as the Sleepy Owl Supper Club just south of Syracuse on Rt 13. And of course don't forget the Five & Dime Store in Wakarusa IN.- just north on Rt 19- for great homemade candy & Jelly Beans of every flavor & variety!

Happy Trails & eating
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote