Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2021, 06:05 AM   #4397

My generator failure

My 2018 Ventana 4369 generator blew an inverter board. Cost Cummins $3500 to fix it. Discovered the dash ac condensate dripped all over the generator. Somehow the water got into electronics of the generator - forgot error codes I initially got, but basically the code was related to there being no speed control over the generator. The generator would start up and run for several minutes, then shut itself off. On way to campground ground with the generator running(to see if it would continue to shut off), it made a tremendous boom and was dead/would not even turnover. Found most Cummins dealer here in SC were a Month out on being able to make an appointment. Did get it fixed by a dealer in Loris, SC. Great people. So maybe there was some winter moisture sitting on yr genset - I always thought these things were bullet proof, but apparently not. Good luck
johnboy347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2021, 08:23 AM   #4398

Newmar Owners Club
Yes, the issue was our inverter board. It was giving a code 32 indicating that the crank speed was too slow and generator would shut off after a minute. Then it wouldn’t crank at all. The code was an error hence the inverter board replaced. The technician didn’t mention any possible cause. Your experience is something we will certainly be mindful of.
The Cummins/Onan in Elkhart got us in right away and service was outstanding! We even had a place to camp on site. Excellent experience.
txaggies1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:11 AM   #4399

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had a si,liar symptom. The tech spent a lot of time connected to a laptop. Finally, they dropped the genny. When they opened it, there was a screw that had come loose internally...it would get up into the Governor and confuse the control board... got the screw out of the Governor ...replaced an AC terminal strip that I would guess broke removing it...and back to working properly. I was dreading replacing the control module...that part alone cost more than a lot of generators do....
Old 01-09-2021, 06:47 AM   #4400

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
???

Not sure what you are asking? That is the new CG in the picture.....all asphalt and concrete.....very nice.
Ahhh, I see the typo - supposed to be "heated". I've been to the campground (first to park in it - not camp) I was asking because I see snow everywhere except the asphalt.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:15 AM   #4401

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
Ahhh, I see the typo - supposed to be "heated". I've been to the campground (first to park in it - not camp) I was asking because I see snow everywhere except the asphalt.
RKins- I can see & tell you're from Florida & not snow country. When the temperature is between 28-32 degrees for a short period of time & the sun has been out to heat the asphalt & concrete, snow will stick on the ground because it is below 32 degrees while the asphalt & concrete are above freezing - hence it melts. No way would Newmar pay to put heating elements in tens of thousands of square feet of asphalt & concrete in their new CG.

Happy Trails
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:52 AM   #4402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Bill View Post
RKins- I can see & tell you're from Florida & not snow country. When the temperature is between 28-32 degrees for a short period of time & the sun has been out to heat the asphalt & concrete, snow will stick on the ground because it is below 32 degrees while the asphalt & concrete are above freezing - hence it melts. No way would Newmar pay to put heating elements in tens of thousands of square feet of asphalt & concrete in their new CG.

Happy Trails
Yup, it's been a long time since I spent time in snow country
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 07:59 AM   #4403

Hows the weather out there Are they busy
Ajhyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:19 AM   #4404

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajhyman View Post
Hows the weather out there Are they busy
I was there last week. It was COLD!! Couple inches of snow.

I would guess not real busy. I mailed a quote in for work, got a call 5 days later, and my appointment was 5 days after that.
Winter labor rate $115. Best I could tell with Covid restrictions, 30%-40% of the bays were empty
Old 02-09-2021, 09:51 AM   #4405

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Come on up the campground is empty but it all snow covered. I be been here a couple of days and hope to get out of here later today. The service center bays looks pretty full on the inside. The lobby is only me and the very nice attendant.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:50 AM   #4406

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I received the below link and thought it might be interesting to those planning a trip to the "Mother Ship".

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/indi...ent=nlbuttonB1

g
Old 03-04-2021, 02:30 PM   #4407

Newmar Owners Club
My appointment at the "Mother Ship" starts Monday March 8th. Can anyone tell me if I arrive on Saturday will the code work to get in the gated campground , or will I need to make other arrangements for Saturday night ?
Old 03-04-2021, 03:47 PM   #4408

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
If the gates are down and your code does not work, as long as they are closed, I would park in front of the service bays until your code works. There are 50 amp power outlets between each door, and one or two water bibs to fill with.
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:09 PM   #4409

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1 View Post
If the gates are down and your code does not work, as long as they are closed, I would park in front of the service bays until your code works. There are 50 amp power outlets between each door, and one or two water bibs to fill with.
alan1, great news ! That is what I will do, good to know about the availability of of water too .
Old 03-05-2021, 06:30 AM   #4410

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Your code will only work 24 hrs before and after your appointment date.
Alan1 comments regarding power and water are correct.
When I was there in mid Jan the entrance gate was broken, and the arm had been removed such that you could easily drive past it. I’d guess with the hard winter there is a 50-50 chance it is still broken.