Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2008, 05:23 PM   #57

We are pulling out of Georgia Sunday morning and will be in Indiana Monday night. Looking forward to get back to Camp Newmar.

Wife, 3 kids, and mother-in-law
Nathan Focht is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2008, 03:38 AM   #58

Good luck with the weather Nathan, though I know you're looking forward to some snow. We left Monday afternoon and enjoyed our stay. The service was great. The only problem was that 12 miles out of Nappannee, in the rain, the passenger side wiper they replaced came off and we lost the rubber clip hat keeps the wiper in. There was no one at Newmar's service department so I had to duck tape the wiper arm and and we hit a Newmar dealer the next morning in Cincinnati.

We saw Carlyle and he put in some bookshelves as well as some wall shelves. We also bought one of his "coffee tables." Thanks for the lead to Carlyle. He's an fun guy to talk to and does great work.
wahlfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #59
JVR

Newmar Owners Club
We have service scheduled for Jan 5-9 at Newmar, our first visit and we are looking forward to the visit and to having items actually fixed as opposed to "worked on"
We don't know what to expect, do we stay in our Essex while it's being worked on, or do we find a room?
We will have a car in tow.
Thanks,
JRV
JVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:28 AM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Hi JVR,
When arriving, choose a camp site that does not have an orange cone blocking the site. These sites are already taken.

The techs will be at your coach at 6 AM sharp! You need to have your slides in and utilities disconnected. The lead tech will go over what is to be done and you can demonstrate any of the defects so there is no misunderstandings. As they move your coach to the work area, you will be homeless for the rest of the day. However, do not worry.
1. The customer service lounge will be open.
2. Because you have an Essex, you will be allowed to visit your coach and talk to the techs as they are working. The highline service area is right behind the customer service lounge. (Unless they moved it again.)
3. The area has some fantastic places to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. When you leave Newmar, you may not be a better person, but you will be a larger one. The area also offers outstanding Amish tourist places to visit and shop.
4. Around 3 PM the coach will be returned to the camp site it was taken from. If you are there, the lead tech will go over the status of each item.

If the repairs do not allow the coach to be returned to you, Newmar will pay for you to stay in a local B&B or motel. This applies to warranty work only. For customer paid work, you'll pay the bill. See if Newmar will make the reservation for you so you get the discounted rate.

The bottom line is follow the instructions that come in the service package Newmar sends you. My time at camp Newmar has been well spent and enjoyable.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:32 AM   #61
JVR

Newmar Owners Club
Gary,
Thank you very much, your reply is both informative and very helpful.
JVR
Old 12-02-2008, 04:04 AM   #62

JVR,

One additional issue. The last I heard was that Newmar is working only 4 days/week (off on Friday.) IF your work is not completed by Thursday, you may need to prepare to stay over a 3 day weekend for the next work day (Monday.)

I have a 4-6 day appointment the following week and am really, really hoping they can finish by Thursday! We expect to arrive the weekend prior,so, we MAY see you there.

2005 Dutch Star (4009)
OpaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #63
JVR

Newmar Owners Club
We look forward to it, but we may be staying in a Motel/Hotel; my wife, 8 yr old son and 2 dogs outvoted me 4 to 1 on the 6:00AM ready to go deal.
Thanks,
JVR
Old 12-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally posted by JVR:
We look forward to it, but we may be staying in a Motel/Hotel; my wife, 8 yr old son and 2 dogs outvoted me 4 to 1 on the 6:00AM ready to go deal.
Thanks,
JVR
Have you checked in with Louise in the Lounge yet or have an order that tells you you are ready to go at 6am? If not, then you will check with Louise in the morning and she schedules a tech to meet you at your RV and discuss the problems to be fixed. Then, they pick up the rig the next day at 6am. At least, that is how it worked with us.

I know how you feel. We had my wife and I, and our 3 kids and 6am was a tough call. But the Newmar people are great. They came, made sure we were ready, and even unplugged us. They then drop the rig back between 2 and 2:30.

If you want a great breakfast, go to the Country Cafe. It is great food and incredible prices. Also, a trip to Fort Wayne to see their science museum is worth it. It is the best museum we've seen on the road.

Good luck.

Tom
Old 12-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #65

JVR,

I just got the same vote! That was true for our first visit too. (I don't know WHY I thought it would be different this time - and it promises to be quite cold too.)

If you have a pooch, they'll probably put in the Amish Inn - one of the rooms near the back entrance to making taking her out for "duties" easier.

I 2nd the motion regarding the Country Cafe.

2005 Dutch Star (4009)
OpaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:34 AM   #66

I forgot to add that the techs even fixed the things we came up with that weren't on our list. They were very accommodating.

We had to stay over the weekend due to the Friday day off, although some rigs were being worked on on Friday - so some work is done.

We took off on Monday after they were through for that day because we had to get to Chapel Hill for Thanksgiving. Newmar had finished 90% of our requests.

As for things to do, the library is excellent and they'll give you a temp library card to check out books and movies. They also have wifi.

And try Miller's Orchards - great apples and excellent non-pasteurized apple cider. Nelson Miller is a neat guy and he'll tell you all about the area and the Amish.

In Bremen is a very good pizza place. I forget the name but Louise can tell you.

And in Fort Wayne when you go to the Science Museum (I think it's called the Science Center), there is a place called Coney Island that has the best hot dogs. The place has been there since 1914 and is worth a trip just to eat there, but the food is also good and cheap!.

Enjoy Nappanee. We really liked the town and the people. They all speak highly off Newmar's owner, who apparently has sold 2700 acres of land to get cash to put into Newmar.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:44 AM   #67
JVR

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks again all, originally we were concerned about having the coach finished in 4 days, now we may not be able to get in all the attractions and may have to stay!
JVR
Attached Files
Old 12-07-2008, 10:22 AM   #68

Hi! I am here! Me and 5 other coaches, snow and 25 Degrees. Paul
Old 12-08-2008, 04:57 AM   #69

My Essex is currently being built. Any chance someone can sneak into the production area and see how they're coming along?

2009 Essex 4508
TheJazzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:32 AM   #70

Hi! What is your coach number?? Paul