Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2014, 09:50 PM   #799

Will be at Camp Newmar Apr 23 stop and say hello
D Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2014, 09:51 PM   #800

Newmar Owners Club
On Site Thursday, April 17

Into Nappanee tomorrow PM.

Will be there on Thursday for TLC for two items.

Please say hi, very ferocious black lab, "Timmy", sleeping on the dash ... you will look twice!

2014 Essex 4544
2010 Ford Taurus SHO toad
ScratchGolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:37 AM   #801

We will arrive Sunday April 20 for a week

SOLD 2013 Newmar Ventana 4346
msy4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:21 AM   #802

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
My son and I will be at plant 42 (the new service center) sometime Monday morning picking up our repaired Canyon Star. We expect to be at Camp Newmar for a few days taking care of a few things, including installing my new ARPrv control for the fridge. We'll have an iRV2.com sticker somewhere, probably on the door window.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:34 AM   #803

Happy to visit with Newmar on May 1 & 2. They are going to fix my noisy entrance door which involves removing the wood trim around the inside. They will also check/adjust all 4 slides and locks, mostly as preventive maintenance. I enjoy doing most of my work but realize slides are trickier than most stuff.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #804

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just arrived, staying next door at the Napanee Inn, I think we are the only ones in the entire hotel haaaaaaaaaaa.

We will be at Newmar first thing tomorrow to start factory pickup of our new 4369 Ventana.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:01 AM   #805

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenNJ View Post
Just arrived, staying next door at the Napanee Inn, I think we are the only ones in the entire hotel haaaaaaaaaaa.

We will be at Newmar first thing tomorrow to start factory pickup of our new 4369 Ventana.

Have a Great Day.

Looking forward to a good recap and some pics.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #806

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Day one has been great except the stinking weather in Napanee, nasty rain...... The good part is the factory delivery is put simply, excellent. Only two items so far, both already addressed. More pics when the weather gets . I will post pics this week.

Had dinner at the Greek place, that was pretty darn good.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 04-29-2014, 07:49 PM   #807

We arrived today to see about a few issues getting adjusted while in the area. Sent to the overflow lot on Delaware St as no room at the inn by the service dept. Looks like a few days here so any thoughts on what to see here?
capnqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #808

Newmar Owners Club
Hi capnqball,
There is much to see. Consider:
1. RV Museum and Hall of Fame at RV/MH Hall of Fame - Museum - Library - Conference Center
2. Shipshewana - From Nappanee take the back roads through Amish country. Official Shipshewana Website - Info for Shipshewana Events, Shops, Restaurants, Attractions and more | Shipshewana Amish Country and Shipshewana Home Page - Welcome to the Town of Shipshewana in Indiana

This should be enough to get you started.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #809

Newmar Owners Club
I thought the Studebaker Museum in South Bend was very interesting, too. If you have never been there, and even if you didn't particularly like Studebaker cars, it is still interesting.
ricere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #810

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Day 3 Factory Delivery

We are now on day 3 of our factory pickup process and things are going really well. We have pushed, clicked, turned everything I can find and more, things are very good. What I did enjoy was our tech Richard (Rich) showed us a number of items that were taken care of before we arrived and discovered during the Newmar PDI. One item was our 50 amp electric cord reel. That device did not operate to spec so they removed it and replaced it. The one removed was sitting beside the coach when we arrived Monday. Rich showed us how the gear engage device was defective. Now I wonder if I were at a dealer would they have had that monster in stock. My guess is no so this is another example of where factory delivery is a good thing. No the original one should not have gone bad but things happen and I am glad they happened here.

There was a pretty good water leak with a compression fitting that supplies water to the refrigerator. The leak was down stream of the water supply valve. This too was easily fixed. Water leaks in a coach are a very bad thing so I am pleased this was addressed on day one.

The only other items were really minor like outside mirror tweaking etc. I have driven the coach down route 6 three times so far and it of course drives like a dream.

Pretty full lot at Camp Newmar with folks having service work completed. We will probably leave Friday morning headed back to New Jersey.

Special thanks goes out to "Deek" and everyone else who posted information here regarding the benefits of VIP/Factory delivery. I am yet another one who agrees this is worth it, every single penny.

I will post a few pictures once we get back home.

Cheers!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:36 AM   #811

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnqball View Post
We arrived today to see about a few issues getting adjusted while in the area. Sent to the overflow lot on Delaware St as no room at the inn by the service dept. Looks like a few days here so any thoughts on what to see here?
Another couple of suggestions if car-type things are of any interest--east on 6 to 69 and south is Auburn, IN home of the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum (Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum) and also the Auburn Auction Park where the spring auction takes place May 8-10 (Auctions America - Collector Car Auctions). Auburn is a pretty Midwest small town and less than an hour from the plant.
twinknkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #812

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well thank goodness for a great coach to be inside of because the weather here at "Camp Newmar" this week has been just terrible.

The first two pics were day one when we took delivery. The third as you can see it is overcast. We will be here one more day. We are having the GE Advantium convection/microwave oven installed instead of the Fridgidare. The wife really wanted the upgrade and Newmar did the right thing for us with cost. Service will install the new unit tomorrow and since it will be raining with heavy wind we will hold off and drive back to NJ on Saturday morning. The weekend weather is going to be nice so our drive back is something I am really looking forward to.

As I indicated yesterday the VIP Factory delivery is just awesome in our view. The Newmar folks truly care about customer service and they are professional in every way.

Safe travels to all and we hope to meet many of your down the road.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0789.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	61905   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0790.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	61906  

Click image for larger version