Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2019, 01:03 PM   #3375

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I scheduled a recall service appointment for next September a month or so ago. I have still not received the email to confirm this the CSR said he would send. Is this norrmal?
I made my appt for May1,2019 back in June2018 and got the email in Nov2018. For the appts that are far out it seems to take a while to get them. They told me I might not see it until after the new year.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2019, 04:12 PM   #3376

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
I made my appt for May1,2019 back in June2018 and got the email in Nov2018. For the appts that are far out it seems to take a while to get them. They told me I might not see it until after the new year.
I just started worrying that I hadn't gotten mine for July - scheduled in January. Good to know they come that far from when scheduled but I'm still going to try to get some type of confirmation. I don't want to find out later that they overlooked us in setting up the schedule.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:22 PM   #3377

When you get your window tag you’re set[emoji106]
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 11:46 PM   #3378

This thread seems to me to make it clear: Avoid Newmar products or sign up for this ludicrous logistical nightmare. Imagine taking your new Cadillac for warranty repair and being told to park it two blocks over because they're so busy they don't have room for it on their lot. Is every manufacturer like this?
Cahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:22 AM   #3379

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Cahill,
Newmar is transitioning from a process that had been in place for moist of the 50 years the company has been in business to one that accommodates the volumes they have grown into as well at their location in Nappanee, Indiana.

For your benefit, until recently all service work was done in buildings next to where owners parked their coaches. Newmar has built a very large and very modern service facility. The envy of other manufacturers. The new facilities are located approximately 2 miles from the main Newmar site. Along with the new facility is a full hookup, concrete pad sites for those having service appointments. It is next to the new service facility. There is a packet of information sent to each owner with instructions about their service appointment. Once the new Camp Newmar is completed the transition will be complete. Service will be in one place and manufacturing will be in another place. Simple as that.

Your post is inaccurate. Consider asking questions instead of making statements that question you motives and diminish you credibility.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:36 AM   #3380

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Gary you hit the nail on the head. My previous manufacturer charged us $25 a night for the pleasure of waiting to get into service. I don't know of any company that treats it's customer better than Newmar and makes great efforts to improve the experience.

Tom
Old 04-21-2019, 07:41 AM   #3381

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahill View Post
This thread seems to me to make it clear: Avoid Newmar products or sign up for this ludicrous logistical nightmare. Imagine taking your new Cadillac for warranty repair and being told to park it two blocks over because they're so busy they don't have room for it on their lot. Is every manufacturer like this?
Hard to imagine you read the entire thread in order to form an opinion.

The thread is mainly a way for people who own Newmar's to find out who's there during a visit. That might give some people an opportunity to meet up. Also shares updates from people who are there.

Newmar is in the process of an extensive upgrade of facilities. That has made it particularly interesting for those who will be showing up in the near future.

You commented about getting your car serviced. Going to Nappanee is the equivalent going to the plant where your car was manufactured. Any Newmar owner has the option of going back to their dealer, or another dealer, or an independent shop, or a mobile repair person. No one has to go to Nappanee - it's a choice. As with everything, you need to figure out your priorities.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:34 AM   #3382

This is crazy. Obviously CAHill has not experienced the Newmar plant. There is a place to stay and they pick you up and take you for service. There is a waiting room where you can stay if you don't have a tow vehicle or if you just want to wait. Newmar is a very good product. This is our second Newmar. Please know what you are talking about before you post something like that. Yes, you can go back to your dealership, too.
WulfHaslett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:57 AM   #3383

C'mon folks, I clearly said I was posting my opinion. -- Based on the number of people complaining about the lack of FHU and the hit-or-miss nature of having an appointment but no place to put the coach but on side streets.

I've never been there & didn't say I had.

I look at these forums to do research.

There are a lot of folks on this thread recently complaining about accommodations for factory service. Last 8 pages or so.

I just stated what I saw.

And now a Q: Am I to understand that Newmar does not *require* you to return to the factory for certain types of service? You have alternatives?
Old 04-21-2019, 10:10 AM   #3384

You can always go to the dealership you bought your RV from. We love our dealership, National Indoors RV Center in Lewisville, Tx. Some people like to go to the plant, because they can get a lot of different things taken care of at once. You can do that at the dealership, too. It might take longer. You just have to make appointments at either place.
WulfHaslett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:19 AM   #3385

Quote:
Originally Posted by WulfHaslett View Post
You can always go to the dealership you bought your RV from. We love our dealership, National Indoors RV Center in Lewisville, Tx. Some people like to go to the plant, because they can get a lot of different things taken care of at once. You can do that at the dealership, too. It might take longer. You just have to make appointments at either place.
I have consistantly heard good things about NIRVC. Thank you for that additional info on repairs. I had read at some point that some types of repairs were only authorized at the factory. That info helps.
Old 04-21-2019, 12:44 PM   #3386

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Cahill,
Yes, you were stating your opinion. Your opinion is so horribly incorrect, for me, you needed additional information. Nobody parks on the side streets when getting their coach serviced. That is a very rare case when moochers are in the sites. Not having full hookups is a possibility. For me they are whiners and cry babies. Most Newmar coaches have a 45 gallon black and a 65 gallon grey tank. Both these situations will be remedied when the transition is completed. Just a month or two away. Ones coach is picked up at 6 AM and returned around 2:30 PM. If there is a disability difficulty the owner can ask the tech to dump the tanks. This is every day service is rendered. Don't know about others, but I connect only to electric until the tanks require dumping. If anyone has ever been to the NKK rally at the Tampa super show, that is 4 days with 30 AMP electric. Nobody complains or seems to mind.

To your question. One can have their coach serviced at a dealer or certified repair shop or mobile mechanic. One can also have their coach serviced at the Newmar factory. Many, many owners come to the factory because of what has been posted earlier and the area in general. There are a considerable number of activities one can do to occupy time. There are at least 3 dinner theater sites one can take advantage of within easy driving distance. One is right next to Newmar.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:22 PM   #3387

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahill View Post
C'mon folks, I clearly said I was posting my opinion. -- Based on the number of people complaining about the lack of FHU and the hit-or-miss nature of having an appointment but no place to put the coach but on side streets.

I've never been there & didn't say I had.

I look at these forums to do research.

There are a lot of folks on this thread recently complaining about accommodations for factory service. Last 8 pages or so.

I just stated what I saw.

And now a Q: Am I to understand that Newmar does not *require* you to return to the factory for certain types of service? You have alternatives?
In answer to your question, when we chose to make the factory appointment, we were fulltime and wanted to get everything taken care of at once for our warranty/annual service. We now have a home base, and don't imagine going back to Nappanee (the factory) for service in the future.

From our experience, people are encouraged to go back to the dealer where they purchased because Newmar Nappanee is so backed up. But they never turn you down - just push it out to next available appointment.

No hit or miss appointments. If you don't have an appointment you're not going to get service. REV had appointments and also used a wait list option - much less efficient.

Not sure where you got the complaining about accommodations during service. I'm impressed that there are FHUs. We've been to 4 other (not Newmar) service centers and none of them had sewer. There were dump stations available.

Newmar seems to be top-notch in every way. Not perfect, but, in my opinion, you'd have a hard time finding better.

Grumbling might be more like siblings fighting. Someone outside the family better not pipe up
Old 04-21-2019, 04:05 PM   #3388

We are here in Nappanee and have a service appointment scheduled for tomorrow. Our dealer doesn't have the equipment required for a particular repair. Anyway, we wanted to share some pictures showing the new service center and parking area. The parking area should be complete sometime next month. Sorry about the side-ways pictures; I'm used to the laptop, not the phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190421_141642.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	243055   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190421_141429.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	305.2 KB
ID:	243056  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190421_142023.jpg