Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2020, 06:44 AM   #4383

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnewmarvt View Post
Returned home from Camp Newmar on Wednesday of this week. The Technician that was assigned to our coach was Brian, what a great guy! After checking in each morning for temperature check he would meet us back at the coach and we would go over any issues that were either on our list or other concerns we might have. They ended up being able to fix all our repairs and even some we weren't aware of; two days early. Everyone from Sue at the front desk, to Joe in parts and others that we met were just the nicest people. Even the people at Rise 'n Roll, the Dutch Kitchen and Rentown Market, super!
I will never take our coach anywhere else for repairs or annual maintenance. Hope everyone else has that feeling when they leave the area.
Glad to hear that you have had a happy Newmar experience as many others have in the past. Until one goes to the plant and has this experience they do not know what they are missing. Most dealers can not come close to this type of service. There are a few but unfortunately not many.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2021, 04:08 PM   #4384

Newmar Owners Club
Camp Newmar without electricity

Camp Newmar is without electricity this afternoon and we are without a working generator! Temperatures are ranging from 25-34. And we arrived on Sunday so there is no help available. We’ve gone to a hotel ( armed with disinfecting spray). Hoping our coach doesn’t suffer from freezing temps...and no, it’s not winterized.

Our first experience...not great. An ice storm has left much of the area without electricity, so that couldn’t be helped. Our generator stopped working 2 nights ago on our way from Texas to Napannee, again...bummer. Staying in a hotel isn’t ideal, but it is warm.

Starting off 2021 with a .....
txaggies1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 04:45 PM   #4385

Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggies1983 View Post
Camp Newmar is without electricity this afternoon and we are without a working generator! Temperatures are ranging from 25-34. And we arrived on Sunday so there is no help available. We’ve gone to a hotel ( armed with disinfecting spray). Hoping our coach doesn’t suffer from freezing temps...and no, it’s not winterized.

Our first experience...not great. An ice storm has left much of the area without electricity, so that couldn’t be helped. Our generator stopped working 2 nights ago on our way from Texas to Napannee, again...bummer. Staying in a hotel isn’t ideal, but it is warm.

You may not have enough winterized fuel to prevent gelling. I have found the engine fuel filters can handle it better than the generator fuel filter or Oasis fuel filter. Your Oasis burner will work and keep your coach warm without power. Does the burner work? If your batteries were charged from your driving, which they should be then you can run your Oasis burner on battery only. I dry camp in the winter a lot and the burner will not run down the batteries for at least a couple of days.
Go to Napa or someplace that carries Power Service products. Pick up Diesel 911. If your Oasis fuel filter is gelling then dump it out and fill the filter with Diesel 911. Try the burner. It may take a few tries.
I’m afraid you may end up with freezing pipes if it gets below freezing for overnight.
If you can still start your engine then buy enough Diesel 911 and the Power Service diesel fuel supplement winterizing/ anti-gelling for your entire fuel tank. If you have been using biodiesel then the amount you put in is more. Read the directions. Put both in your fuel tank and drive around to mix it up.
Then try starting your generator again. It may take a few tries. Even if it doesn’t start and you can get the Oasis burner lit then your coach will be fine.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 05:22 PM   #4386

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggies1983 View Post

DO NOT LET YOUR COACH FREEZE!

You need to go back to the coach and turn your Oasis on and crank up the heat. It will run on the house batteries.

If your Oasis won’t run...

START THE COACH, CRANK UP THE DASH HEAT AND LEAVE THE COACH RUNNING!

The techs get there at O’Dark-Thirty...
Vettesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:07 PM   #4387

I agree. Get your diesel burner running. Not the electric elements unless you can get the generator running.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:37 PM   #4388

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRidge View Post
....Your Oasis burner will work and keep your coach warm without power. Does the burner work? If your batteries were charged from your driving, which they should be then you can run your Oasis burner on battery only. I dry camp in the winter a lot and the burner will not run down the batteries for at least a couple of days.....
x2... I run both the AC1, AC2 and Burner without the generator at night all the time, typically for 10 hours (8pm - 6 am), and used only 30% of my battery capacity. I am sure the auto stores at the time of my response are closed, but I have bought the Power Service Antigel at the auto store across the street before.

Good luck
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:12 PM   #4389

Freightliner Owners Club
The inverter will not run the ACI or ACII, but will run the burner fans. Running the engine and dash heat will keep the inside from freezing, probably not the basement. I would try calling the 24hr help line, maybe security would let you pull it into a building. Maybe a cord and electric heater from a neighbor?
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:09 AM   #4390

I’m here too. Power was restored quite quickly - before 6 PM, so I wish I would have seen this users post before now. Could have notified them. All good again now at Camp Newmar. I’m here for a first world problem. Front floor heat inoperable.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:56 PM   #4391

Where is everyone? Probably seeking warmer climes? Snow isn’t helping. Camp Newmar is nearly vacant!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	098BF134-7F76-4BA4-B2B6-829CC30ECD40.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	313.5 KB
ID:	313574  
Old 01-06-2021, 05:01 AM   #4392

I like the paint scheme on that SuperC.
Is the asphalt headed in the CG?
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:26 AM   #4393
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post

Is the asphalt headed in the CG?

???

Not sure what you are asking? That is the new CG in the picture.....all asphalt and concrete.....very nice.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 04:42 PM   #4394

Waiting to hear from TXAGGIES1983. Wondering how you came out ?
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 05:28 AM   #4395

Newmar Owners Club
We went back to turn on the Oasis as recommended and found the electricity to be restored. So thankful. Thank you all for the Oasis tip, and yes...we are new to RVing with a wonderful coach like this. We did not expect the generator to give us trouble when it’s barely a year old. We are currently in Elkhart Indiana with an appointment for repairs this morning!
Our Newmar experience was top notch. WOW!!! The best service with courteous and knowledgeable technicians... we have never experienced anything like this. Absolutely worth the trip!!!!
txaggies1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 04:28 PM   #4396

Please let us know what the gen set problem was. I live in Southern Indiana.
Weather is supposed to be cold but no snow until next Friday. I live not to far off I 65 in Columbus. Have a good trip home and I will follow your post.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote