Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2019, 08:05 AM   #57

Handicap unit
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2020, 03:16 PM   #58

big fella

SERVICE !! Factory service center can't be beat. They treat you like you are their only customer they have and want to keep you happy. I have had 5 Newmar's and 3 brand X's. They all have issues but it comes down to how do they take care of you and resolve your problems. Comfort Drive is another reason to buy Newmar. It is the Greatest.

2018 Newmar Mountain Aire 4047 and Jeep Cherokee
big fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 03:22 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie60 View Post
Apologies if there is a thread somewhere recently that I cannot seem to find but I would sincerely appreciate a few comments as to why you purchased a Newmar vs. Tiffin vs. Foretravel. Also, any regrets? Thanks. Merry Christmas.
If you have any doubt about best quality in class I would just encourage you to go to Nappannee Indiana, take the Factory Tour and sit down with their sales team. You see the quality of the build and the quality of people who do the work. It’s outstanding and confirms what you’ll hear in the comments shared. WIth this kind of investment it’s worth going to see what you’re getting for your money. You can camp onsite or there are motels in town if you’re flying in. When we took our tour a couple had flown in from Florida. It’s worth it!
Mle75749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 03:25 PM   #60

We owned two American Coaches. The 08 was great. The 14 was a lemon. We saw the Dutch Star 4369 and fell in love. 30,000 miles in two years and a couple hick ups, but nothing unmanageable. The service at the factory is super. We are going again this year for the third time. They take great care of their customers.
Y FLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:20 PM   #61

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Switched

Much has already been said, and I probably don't have anything substantive to add but will reply. We are just over 2 years full time in a motorhome. We had a '16 Holiday Rambler Endeavor which we liked, but had read about Newmar when we were looking and we bought the HR from a large national Newmar dealer. So when a '15 Ventana (10k more miles) came available with a floor plan we really liked we traded. Tag axle, solid quality construction, comfort drive and we added a Safe-T bar on the front. It is so much easier to drive. We are very happy.
RalphR01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:37 PM   #62

Quality of build, type of construction, materials used, it’s built like a house using aluminum studs instead of wood. Ours is a 2002 and other than normal wear and tear it’s just like a new one. Both a/c s were replaced one at 12 years the other at 16 years the refrigerator was replaced at 13 years. You can’t expect them to last forever, right now I expect it to out last me I’m 76.
Grandpa5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:59 PM   #63

We bought a 99 DSDP 3865 17 years ago. Its birthday is March. It will be 21 years ago. Just turned 96,000 miles on a 5 month trip. So far we have changed both AC units at 19 years old. They had never been turned off. (We keep at house ready to go at drop of a hat).Replaced refrigerator at 18 years . Upgraded TVs. Now need a smart tv.

We are still amazed how well this unit was built.

Mike Bounds
MIKEBOUNDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:23 PM   #64

We looked at and drove both Newmar and Tiffin. Bought the Tiffin primarily because of floorpan we wanted that Newmar didn't have. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these 2 because of the quality and service they provide. That being said...to me, floor plan is the most important component when deciding.
My friends have a Newmar and we caravanned out west this summer for 3 weeks. Both coaches performed identically.

2019 Tiffin Phaeton 40IH
2015 Jeep Sahara
mlfrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:37 PM   #65

We wanted to do one and done... like for the next 20+ years. I know lots of folks SAY that, reminds me of when we built our house, the builder rolled his eyes when we said we were planning on staying the rest of our lives... Anyway, I digress.

Our reasons for going with Newmar:

1. Quality of construction - Tiffin is a very good company but knew if we bought a Tiffin and heard the inevitable sound in the middle of the night... we'd wonder if we'd hear it in a Newmar. Now - we don't wonder. Also - Tiffin dealers I talked with left me with the impression that they were actually Tiffin's final quality control.

2. Service - Folks rave about service in Red Bay, which is great - but we live in the Northwest.

Either way you go you will have some issues.

All the best and enjoy!
777lee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 05:15 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777lee777 View Post
We wanted to do one and done... like for the next 20+ years. I know lots of folks SAY that, reminds me of when we built our house, the builder rolled his eyes when we said we were planning on staying the rest of our lives... Anyway, I digress.

Our reasons for going with Newmar:

1. Quality of construction - Tiffin is a very good company but knew if we bought a Tiffin and heard the inevitable sound in the middle of the night... we'd wonder if we'd hear it in a Newmar. Now - we don't wonder. Also - Tiffin dealers I talked with left me with the impression that they were actually Tiffin's final quality control.

2. Service - Folks rave about service in Red Bay, which is great - but we live in the Northwest.

Either way you go you will have some issues.

All the best and enjoy!
I’m glad we found someone like us....�� We too are the buying one and done Dutchstar for life with our 4054 on order. We’ve been in our house 25 years! We don’t buy ‘new cars’ but those with a few thousand on them and are debt averse..lol! We ended up ordering our 2020 only because we got a 2019 price, we could order exactly what we liked with upgrades in certain things and they made some design changes in the 2020s that was worth taking advantage of...oh and my husband really wanted a Spartan and those were hard to find in a 4054. Anyway, this coach has all the function we could ever need so we’ll remodel this ‘baby’ as needed until we stop RVing. Our folks completely remodeled their 2005, except the exterior paint, and the coach has been a gem. We’re good to go! Enjoy your coach!
Mle75749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 05:23 AM   #67

Does everyone know Newmar was bought by Winnebago in 2019.
DougJames65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:46 AM   #68

My only concern with the Newmar (4369), it seems the bay storage seems to be smaller as far height goes at the support beam when I compared it with a Allegro 450PP.
Also Newmar doesn't offer as an option electric bay storage slides.
Any comments on this would be helpful.
bldski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:53 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldski View Post
My only concern with the Newmar (4369), it seems the bay storage seems to be smaller as far height goes at the support beam when I compared it with a Allegro 450PP.
Also Newmar doesn't offer as an option electric bay storage slides.
Any comments on this would be helpful.
I have no issues fitting pretty much anything I want in the bays and I carry a lot of stuff.

Mine is a 19 and the 2020 models gained either 1.5 or 2 inches I believe.

I never understood the need for Electric drawers, they are slow and waste time I would rather spend doing something else.

I would rather slide it myself it takes very little effort when heavily loaded both quick and easy.

Ted.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:30 AM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
We started full time in a '89 Winni Chieftain with no slides...
All new to us so we were excited over the Winni...
Then we started to notice the sides delaminated & the bedroom cloth headliner falling down (no way to fix)...
Was able to sell the Winni & move up to our 2001 DS...
We are following the grand kids so we move every 4 years (Airforce)...
No trips or vacations...
We wanted slides & more room so went to our 2001 DS with the 8.1 Vortec & 2- large slides...
Had a few leaks on roof but no damage to speak of...
Resealed the roof & redid the two vents to the tanks...
Replaced the water heater with an electric 6 gallon from Lowes...
Replaced the Dometic (UGH) with a Whirlpool residential (keeps my Breyers COLD)..
Our gen went bad so just pulled it & bought a Honda e2800i in case we need it...
Slide seals are splitting on front slide & used Shoe Goo for repair...
Will be moving to Tyler Texas around November so getting a new set of Hankook A35 tires for the trip...
Very happy with our DS, would like a used Canyon 3914 but not in the budget... :(
Thanks for the forum, can learn a lot here...
Bob

KE5FTF...Bob & Kathy
Bmaintz8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar