Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2006, 05:04 PM   #15

So many systems and controls to learn. Last weekend Gabi and I went to our dealer ( RV America) to reafirm our options and choices. Ed and Harry our sales guys were great. They nailed every question we had and let us spend hours pouring over their in stock 4510. The guys said it takes a few days to properley deliver the coach. Mostly depends on our comfort level with systems, shakedown run, etc,.
Still, there is that straight from the horses mouth thing..... and having problems attended to immediately if needed.

Ernie
g_essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2006, 03:03 AM   #16

There's another reason for doing a factory pickup and that is to avoid having a driveaway company deliver your coach to the dealer. I drive for a company that delivers MCI, VanHool and Prevost tour buses. I have spent quite a bit of time with drivers that deliver motorhomes. They are paid a flat amount per mile and no expenses. What this means is that any oil, antifreeze or any minor maintenance they have to do on the road comes out of their pocket. The only time they will do it is if the rig quits on them and they are forced to. I know most don't even bother checking the oil level before they start their delivery. I've also gotten sick of listening to them compare brands of magic marker that's best for covering up scratches. They're not supposed to use any of the facilities in the coach, but I can guarantee you they know where all the dump stations are near the big dealers they deliver to. Admittedly, not all of the drivers are this way, but a lot of them are. I didn't want to take the chance. I hired one of my dealer's mechanics and drove him to Nappannee to pick up my coach. We then towed my car back to the dealer. This was considered a "dealer pickup" so no $1800 charge. I paid all our meals and our motels for the trip. My cost was about $500. Granted, I didn't get the factory PDI, but I was confident in my dealer so I didn't feel I needed one. One advantage is that I got to inspect the coach a week or so before ownership was actually passed to me. I identified a number of small things that were fixed before I "officially" picked it up. By the way, it took us a day each way to and from the factory.

Jack

Jack Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:19 AM   #17
Administrator Emeritus

Nice post Jack....I always had the thought to have the tech show me the OBD display when I was in for service,but I've always forgotten it....Would love to see the "max speed" it was driven.

Maybe it's just that subconsciously I don't want to know...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:44 AM   #18

Bob, When you are down here I can plug in to your ECM port and read all that info if you wish. It gives read outs on top speed (resetable), number of panic stops, operation time in each gear, etc. I use Cummins PowerSpec and cables. It streams a couple of long pages of info.

Peter
Old 11-27-2006, 03:48 AM   #19
Administrator Emeritus

Speaking of being there,should I go ahead and figure out the dates and make my reservations?

Hadn't really nailed it down,although the pre-really in Arcadia is where I'll head from RB.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:30 AM   #20

Not a bad idea, Bob. RB fills up especially mid January on.

Peter
Old 11-27-2006, 12:29 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
OK back in the saddle here at Disney. I can't believe how this thread got hi-jacked by the usual suspects.

And yes, a wonderful side effect of the limited doco is getting into this community.

I'm doing factory delivery next time and I'm giving myself plenty of time to familiarize myself.

However, many items can't be really run through until you travel in the coach. So I think best of all worlds is to have a PDI, take a trip for a few days and go back to wrap up questions and punch list.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:59 PM   #22
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by javajelly:
I happened to see a few cabinet latches around the table. I just found out that my table folds down under the desk. Never been demonstrated or is it in any manual that I received.

Front chairs, wet bay, winterization valve, sound system, external entertainment system, and much more is undocumented.

Also, why does the dash switch say CTSY LIGHT, but, the rear switch say AISLE? They light the same lights.

Thank goodness for this forum, rebel, lug, 007, ecker, RV wizard, Jets, many more, and my geeky determination.

I appreciate this opportunity to rant. I do love this coach. We have had some unusual problems but, the dealer and Newmar have been most accommodating so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry this got off topic, I wanted to see if anyone else had any thoughts about javajelly's folding table latches and whether or not anyone ever received any documentation that he seems to be missing?

I've never seen anything in writing IRT to the wet bay or even the valves for that matter...