Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #1

Will the levelers lose the level point?

I'm probably not using the right term, but if I physically disconnect the battery, will the automatic levelers need to be re-zeroed?
BPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I would say no the solenoids have no way of opening to allow jack fluid back to the holding tank.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPoland View Post
I'm probably not using the right term, but if I physically disconnect the battery, will the automatic levelers need to be re-zeroed?
No, they are hydraulic..........and function off of a 12 VDC pump. Hope this helps you with your question..........not sure what you mean by "re-zeroed" Anyway, your levelers need the batteries to be connected to work.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
You have a sensor that has been installed and adjusted so that it is level with the front to back & side to side frame of your motorhome. Disconnecting the battery now will not affect the accuracy of the reading when the battery is reconnected.
1995 F53 35U Bounder, Wide Body-Large Vertical Windows-NO SLIDES, Front Axle-Davis Tru-Trac Bar, Rear Axle-SuperSteer Trac Bar, TowBar/Brake System-NSA ReadyBrute Elite, Family Motor Coach Association F 513--F 513s MotorHoming since 1952
Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:56 AM   #5

I looked in the documentation on the Equalizer Systems web site, and the proper term is "setting NULL", which refers to the point at which the system believes the coach is in a level position.

I still don't know if that setting will be lost if all voltage is disconnected from coach (House Batteries).
Old 12-11-2014, 06:13 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
BOLAND,

In my case, the leveling system runs off the engine battery to extend or retract the jacks. I know if I disconnect the engine battery I have to recalibrate the null point.

Dave and Young
2003 Revolution 40c
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Mr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:32 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPoland View Post
I still don't know if that setting will be lost if all voltage is disconnected from coach (House Batteries).
I replaced all of my batteries last spring and never had to reset the NULL. Rightly or wrongly. The coach still levels just fine.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:11 AM   #8

Thanks all! The procedure to reset NULL is not difficult, I just like to know what I'm getting into.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi BPoland,
Not sure about your levelers. On my HWH system the level information comes from two "bubble" levels on the control board. Once set, they do not need to be adjusted unless the control board is moved. While not exactly the same, think of the old style pinball machines. They would register a "tilt" using the same style control board.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
levelers