Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2021, 07:48 AM   #15

The dealer close to you does not want to do the work on your RV because you did not purchase from him. If you buy another RV does the dealer expect you to buy from him after he treats you like this. So short sighted.

Common problem around here
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2021, 07:50 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve70-5 View Post
The dealer close to you does not want to do the work on your RV because you did not purchase from him. If you buy another RV does the dealer expect you to buy from him after he treats you like this. So short sighted.

Common problem around here
Totally agree, he can not see the forest for the trees.

Ted.
Old 11-11-2021, 03:21 PM   #17

Newmar sent me the Escape door window and I installed it.

While it was out I noticed the weather strips seem to have shrunk top corner pulled in to view.

Also large gaps at seams at the bottom so now looking to replace those before it becomes a leak.

Newmar wants 8.95 per foot for one and 5.95 per foot for the other.

There are 2 different sizes and lengths.

1 that seals the inner pane of glass to the frame.

And 1 that seals the outer pane of glass to the door surface.

Ted.
Old 11-13-2021, 02:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-Keith View Post
I was specifically told (in person) by Matt Miller in 2018 that all Newmar dealers were required to perform warranty work whether or not they sold the vehicle. I asked because at the time I was buying a new Mountain Aire at the Newmar Rally in Missouri and I knew I would not be returning to MO as I live in Florida.

He handed me his card and said "If you ever have a problem with warranty work call me directly and I will straighten it out." He did allow that dealers who did not sell the MH might be a little less enthusiastic about warranty work, but insisted it would get done. Fortunately, I did not have to test this.
The good old days

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 02:34 PM   #19

Had our RV inspected, there was one window I new was bad and they found one more. New seals on order. Had them look at the entry door, were the foam was not following the radius corners, going to fi that too. Now will see how good work is done.
Old 11-16-2021, 08:33 PM   #20

Bay Star Bad Windows

2020 Newmarket Bay Star 3626 has had 2 windows replaced. Another
3 windows are bad and dealer has on order. I asked Newmar to replace the last 5 windows so I don't have the expense of taking it back to the dealer every time. It just a matter of which month this year they will go bad. New coach only owned it 10 months. 3 warranty trips already and waiting on ordered windows for the 4th warranty trip. These were all fogged up windows but dealer waiting on the tool to test the adhesive recall. Campers Inn West Jacksonville Florida has been great on warranty work.
Mr Taxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:35 PM   #21

Did not Buy RV From Dealer / Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
Unfortunately RV dealerships are not like automotive dealership. They are not contractually required by the manufacturer to work on any RV that they didn't sell. As far as I know, there is no federal law or regulation that requires them to do "safety recall" work on a RV that they didn't sell. If you know of one please share it because many here full time and are far from where they purchased their RV.
I was unaware auto dealers are required either contractually or by law to work on a vehicle.

If this is the case how can Ford dealers refuse to work on an F53 motorhome chassis even for simple items such as an oil change and even if they have a facility that will accommodate a motorhome, i.e., a truck service center?
rlc1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:35 PM   #22

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlc1825 View Post
I was unaware auto dealers are required either contractually or by law to work on a vehicle.

If this is the case how can Ford dealers refuse to work on an F53 motorhome chassis even for simple items such as an oil change and even if they have a facility that will accommodate a motorhome, i.e., a truck service center?
Because they're are motorhomes not cars/trucks sold by Ford dealerships.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 03:03 PM   #23

Local Dealer

I called Newmar after getting the recall. Talked to a really nice customer service guy named Mike. He explained the recall and what they will do. He called my local Newmar dealer and was going to arrange an appointment. Unfortunately he got voicemail but he gave me the number and name of the service manager. I called a couple of times and left her voicemail. She had their service scheduler call me and set up an appointment.

Went in for my appointment 10/28/21 and they inspected the windows with the plastic gauge while I waited. The door side bedroom window failed. They measured the window and ordered a replacement.

Window arrived 11/16/21 and they texted me to set up an appointment for installation. I had already winterized the RV and put it in storage for the winter. They were willing to hold my window till the first week in March 2022 and I have an appointment to have it installed then.

Although this is a Newmar dealer about 5 miles from my house I didn't buy my New Aire from them as they are not authorized to sell the New Aire model. I bought it from NIRVC. The fact that I didn't buy my RV there was never mentioned during any of my interactions with the dealership.
Old 11-25-2021, 05:01 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW1 View Post
I called Newmar after getting the recall. Talked to a really nice customer service guy named Mike. He explained the recall and what they will do. He called my local Newmar dealer and was going to arrange an appointment. Unfortunately he got voicemail but he gave me the number and name of the service manager. I called a couple of times and left her voicemail. She had their service scheduler call me and set up an appointment.

Went in for my appointment 10/28/21 and they inspected the windows with the plastic gauge while I waited. The door side bedroom window failed. They measured the window and ordered a replacement.

Window arrived 11/16/21 and they texted me to set up an appointment for installation. I had already winterized the RV and put it in storage for the winter. They were willing to hold my window till the first week in March 2022 and I have an appointment to have it installed then.

Although this is a Newmar dealer about 5 miles from my house I didn't buy my New Aire from them as they are not authorized to sell the New Aire model. I bought it from NIRVC. The fact that I didn't buy my RV there was never mentioned during any of my interactions with the dealership.
That is how it should be congrats you have a good Dealer near you.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:53 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
I reached out to Newmar about replacing two Herh windows on my 2018 NewAire 3343 that have separated and fogged up between the panes. The response was that my Coach was not part of the recall and Newmar would provide the new windows at 50% cost, but they have to be shipped to a dealer.

2018 NewAire 3343
Newmarbeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:08 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
New escape door window failed again

We had 4 windows replaced at the International Rally in West Virginia. We have read much about the failures but didn’t see an obvious issue with ours on our 2019 Ventana 4369. We didn’t know that there was an issue with our windows until the technician that was at the rally checked them out. The team replaced them with confidence and we were thankful.
So, when we received a recall on the windows we thought it wouldn’t apply to us since they were replaced a few months prior.
We called NIRVC to double check and they assured us the recall did apply and should be checked out. We went out and checked the windows anyway and low and behold, we could put a pinky finger between the bottom of the window and the coach! This is on the escape door in the back.
Timing didn’t line up to have it repaired before heading out on a month long trip to Michigan, Ohio, Virginia, New York , Pennsylvania and possibly Florida. So, duct tape it is. It is unsettling to see duct tape holding the window in on such a nice coach.
txaggies1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:41 AM   #27

Shipping Tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggies1983 View Post
We had 4 windows replaced at the International Rally in West Virginia. We have read much about the failures but didn’t see an obvious issue with ours on our 2019 Ventana 4369. We didn’t know that there was an issue with our windows until the technician that was at the rally checked them out. The team replaced them with confidence and we were thankful.
So, when we received a recall on the windows we thought it wouldn’t apply to us since they were replaced a few months prior.
We called NIRVC to double check and they assured us the recall did apply and should be checked out. We went out and checked the windows anyway and low and behold, we could put a pinky finger between the bottom of the window and the coach! This is on the escape door in the back.
Timing didn’t line up to have it repaired before heading out on a month long trip to Michigan, Ohio, Virginia, New York , Pennsylvania and possibly Florida. So, duct tape it is. It is unsettling to see duct tape holding the window in on such a nice coach.
When my bathroom escape door window failed I used clear shipping tape to hold it together until Newmar replaced it. Worked good and not so glaringly obvious as duct tape. In fact some guy at a gas station said, "that RV must be brand new." When I asked him why he said, "There's still some plastic wrapping on the bathroom window." I had to come clean and tell him what it was and why it was there. Maybe I should have played dumb and said I'll have to get that off the there, thanks for pointing it out.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:43 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie 4369 View Post
That is how it should be congrats you have a good Dealer near you.
Just got text from the dealer. They have to replace the window and turn in the paperwork within 90 days of getting the window or it won't get paid for. I'm taking it in tomorrow.

Tags
led, wind, window