Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2022, 09:02 AM   #1

Windshield repair /replace shops or suggestions

I'm in Maryland.

On my drive back from Orlando, got a small smack sound in South Carolina and saw a crack occur. Drivers side near or at edge, and it goes curved up.

Don't know if it can be repaired, but also don't know where to take it or who to call.

Suggestions?

Appreciate your time.
Monkey21144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2022, 06:53 PM   #2

Call your insurance company. I have replaced two windshields ,called my insurance and they did all the work. Ordered new windshield and had them shipped to the repair facility. Just had to pay the deductible. Easy
DicknBambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 09:24 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Jim 75
Try "Safelite Auto Glass" Jim75 2012 MADP 4336
Jim 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:21 AM   #4

Amazon has windshield repair kits as well.
I tend to make repairs myself instead of calling my insurance.
When they become cracks, Iíll call.
Your windshield is perfectly safe to continue driving until you decide a course of action.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 10:52 AM   #5

We just had ours replaced by RV Glass Solutions, which is a division of Coachglass, in Elkhart Indiana. They have several locations around the country. I was very pleased with the work and that the had hookups so that we could stay overnight and be water tested.
Having a mobile crew come to you sounds convenient but did not turn out that way 3 years ago, when the windshield was replaced in our previous coach. We wound up with massive leaks that the crew came back twice to fix but did not. We wound up going to their shop, having the windshield pulled and reset. That entailed 3 hours travel each way and a two night stay with no hook ups.
So my advise for replacement is pick a company that services class A's full time and go there. Progressive was happy to have us do that and paid 100% of the cost. A windshield is considered a comprehensive claim and does not go against your driving record or raise your rates. If its just a chip, report it and have it fixed by whomever they want. If the crack spreads at a later date, you are still covered. It will be harder to make a claim if you tried to fix it on your own.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 06:10 AM   #6

If you can’t find a repair, call Frank at Classic Coach Works in Ormond Beach FL. Arrange for them to get the part and have it installed on your next trip to FL. Ormond is about 45 minutes East of Orlando. They had my windshield made and installed it. It’s perfect. Classic Coach is the best, I highly recommend them. RV Renovations and RV Service | Classic Coach Works. My insurance company and Safelight gave up, Frank bailed me out!
Old 08-16-2022, 04:17 AM   #7

My experience having replaced 2 windshields is using Duncan Services, thru my Insurance Co. I had a Mobil tech come to my lot in HH SC, after he received a replacement from Newmar, and the correct adhesive which i was told came from Germany?? Anyway the windshield almost floats so having it install correctly by a seasoned installer I believe is key. Can’t move Coach for 24-36hrs after install. 2nd replacement done at Newmar, no leaks in either case, and no co-pay. Good luck
Old 08-16-2022, 12:08 PM   #8

Just got off the phone with Safelite RV. They work with shops around the country and cover the work with a warranty.

Best thing, the part is in stock and will be delivered to a shop 20 minutes from home. NO DEDUCTIBLE!!

made my day!!
Monkey21144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 12:38 PM   #9

Newmar, replaced my last year

Tags
ace, air, repair, replace, wind, windshield