Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2022, 07:47 AM   #1

Windshield Wiper Linkage Broken

Was using the wipers on my 2001 Newmar Dutchstar when the passenger side wiper went limp and fell to the side. Upon review under the hood, it appears that the wiper linkage broke off from the passenger side wiper mechanism.

I have took it to my local RV repair shop and they said that they did not do this kind of repair. There suggestion was to contact this forum. Any help would be appreciated, as I am only driving during nice weather.

Mark
MRDubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2022, 07:50 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Did the linkage break or do you just have worn out grommets? New grommets can be bought at auto supply stores.
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:58 AM   #3

Contact Newmar and see if they can still supply the parts or know of a vendor, if they do not. I had to replace both the driver and passenger wiper assemblies and all of the hardware with the exception of the wiper motor last year and Newmar still stocked the parts for our 2007 Bay Star.
2007 Newmar Baystar; 3201; miniature schnauzers and labradoodle. SumoSprings Front; Safe-T-Plus;2016 Fiat 500; Roadmaster Falcon 2;Demco SBS DUO Braking System;TST 507;Bilstein shocks; Garmin RV 785,Supersteer Rear Trac Bar, Thule Easyfold XT2
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:32 AM   #4

A picture would help a lot to see if it broke or came off. They don't wear out very often.

There are a lot of wiper parts outfits online, parts are easy to find once you figure out the exact problem.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:44 AM   #5

Might call and check out: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...UGsy5VfWiQT9m5

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:26 AM   #6

Photos of broken windshield linkage

I was asked to provide pictures of the broken linkage. I have attached two photos. I am not sure if it is missing grommets. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3388.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	365283   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3389.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	365284  

MRDubbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags