Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2019, 08:36 AM   #477

Winnebago Owners Club
Not sure about Newmar Tech support but WGO Tech support is exceptional. Our coach is well out of warranty and I still contact support with questions. They are prompt and informative. I would even call their support enthusiastic!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2019, 09:20 AM   #478

What happened at the Hoots Rally?

I believe there were a number of Newmar execs at the Hoots Rally last week. Any interesting perspectives from the rally to share with us about the merger?
ianschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:07 PM   #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Not sure about Newmar Tech support but WGO Tech support is exceptional. Our coach is well out of warranty and I still contact support with questions. They are prompt and informative. I would even call their support enthusiastic!
Winnebago phone support is very good.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:33 PM   #480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I can assure you that Newmars TS is exceptional too - one of the guys that gives you quotes has been there 49 years. Any problem I have is because my coach is so old that they really didn't keep all the records that they do now plus they keep parts for only 20 years.
I just had a bunch of work done there by a tech that has been there 30 years and there were like 6 other techs there that all conferred together on how to fix some of the things on my coach. Outstanding TS and CS. I think some of the complaints come from that so many people are deciding to bring their coach to the mothership for annual service and warranty work. This requires an appt because they have only 52 working bays (I think they have more but some are holding long term coaches, like mine that had to wait 6 weeks for a new windshield) in the Service Center and they sell a lot of coaches. Maybe they need to expand that to 100 bays?
As far as CS and TS goes, I guess there won't be a lot of things to fix on our side.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:49 PM   #481

Brett Davis, CEO of National Indoor RV Center, is pretty dry/monotonous speaker but has some pearls, so listen through. His knowledge and articulation of finances and investments is evident and brings a solid, and refreshing, perspective.

CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:22 PM   #482

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Will Winnie dealerships be able to sell Newmar? Does this expand the seller market?

I'm not concerned about buying a Newmar, it will always be a Newmar. The most vulnerable period in my opinion is the builds between the day this was announced and 6 months forward. Imagine the sentiment of this thread among the workers who feel abandoned, unknowns, etc. Do they not care as much in the work now?
How long until the nearest Camping World is the place to get any Newmar motorhome and get it serviced?

I think there will be more mouths to feed after the conglomerate takeover: the payment to the Millers has to be repaid from future revenue, WBO's board, exec, mgrs will be wanting more of the future revenue to go into thier pockets too. In the meantime the Newmar mgmt and workers will still need to be feed too.

Then greed will popup when the WBO of doing things means Newmar had been spending too much on quality wood, woodwork, insulation, wall building, customer changes and specials on orders, electronics, customer service, etc. and cost cutting is relied on to increase the margin.

I have not heard that Newmar's big problem was too many customers wanting to buy a motorhome and not enough of them to satisfy the demand. If so the owner of a newly delivered coach would be able to resell it right away for a hig profit. So WBO may not be able to increase revenue via lots more sales.
2012 Bay Star 2901, 2 ACs, 5.5KW Onan, 765W solar & Outback FM-60, 800 AH Lifeline AGMs & Magnum MS2812 + AGS + BMK, Koni FSDs, Safe-T-Plus, Super Steer Rear Track Bar, MCD Duo shades w/powered cockpit, remodeled galley, Sumo springs and 2008 Tacoma 4x4 toad.
joes2901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:01 PM   #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes2901 View Post
How long until the nearest Camping World is the place to get any Newmar motorhome and get it serviced?

I think there will be more mouths to feed after the conglomerate takeover: the payment to the Millers has to be repaid from future revenue, WBO's board, exec, mgrs will be wanting more of the future revenue to go into thier pockets too. In the meantime the Newmar mgmt and workers will still need to be feed too.

Then greed will popup when the WBO of doing things means Newmar had been spending too much on quality wood, woodwork, insulation, wall building, customer changes and specials on orders, electronics, customer service, etc. and cost cutting is relied on to increase the margin.

I have not heard that Newmar's big problem was too many customers wanting to buy a motorhome and not enough of them to satisfy the demand. If so the owner of a newly delivered coach would be able to resell it right away for a hig profit. So WBO may not be able to increase revenue via lots more sales.

I don't see Newmar ever being at Camping world. WBO just increased top line revenue by 660 million a year and they did it overnight.
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:46 PM   #484

Country Coach Owners Club
I agree They just increased revenue and bottom line. They did it by purchasing a RV company that built and services better coaches than them and has a better channel to market. Winnebago doesn’t want to screw this up and will want to learn how to be better.

This all said there is only one characteristic in people that destroys success and that is EGO! Time will tell what kind of leadership the board and executives of Winnebago are made of.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:41 PM   #485

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGizmo View Post
Brett Davis, CEO of National Indoor RV Center, is pretty dry/monotonous speaker but has some pearls, so listen through. His knowledge and articulation of finances and investments is evident and brings a solid, and refreshing, perspective.

Preach it, Brother Davis! This, ladies and gentlemen, is a proper capitalist explanation of what happened. There's no evil, no shame, no ill intent - it made sense for the buyer and seller. That Matt Miller remains with Newmar and reports directly to the WGO president will help insure that the direction of Newmar remains clear, customer focused, and profitable.

Mr Davis is successful because he can separate business from emotions. There might be a lesson there, just sayin'.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:28 PM   #486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
I don't see Newmar ever being at Camping world. WBO just increased top line revenue by 660 million a year and they did it overnight.

Uhh. Camping World in Ashland Va. Has been selling Newmar for Years.
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:30 PM   #487

Newmar Owners Club
OK......I am a thread killer.......especially ones that don't exercise my brain ........been holding back.......but........the time has come........enough........My Lord........there will always be something to spend our money on.........
"unleash the Beast ".........Its dead ........done.......move on........sell.......forget............."Live".... .its just a vacation !
And a short one..........be Happy !
Its DEAD.....quit beating it........
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2019, 07:19 AM   #488

Newmar Owners Club
Kill this one and another will rise.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:43 AM   #489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
Check out Tom Johnson Camping in Marion, NC. Looks like Camping World selling Newmars to me.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:07 AM   #490

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, sale, winnebago