RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2015, 08:08 PM   #1

Winterizing the 2015 Bay Star 3103 ice maker

Here are the instructions in the Norcold Refrigerator manual on winterizing the ice maker in my Newmar Baystar 3103.

1. Close the vehicle water supply valve to the refrigerator
2. Push the ice maker arm up until it locks into the OFF position.
3. Remove the garden hose adapter from the water solenoid valve.
4.Remove the ice make water line from water solenoid valve.
5.Drain all of the water from both the water supply line and the ice maker water line.
6. Put the ends of the water liners and the water solenoid valves each into clean plastic bags.
7. Use tape to close each plastic bag around the water lines and the water solenoid valves.

This is a picture of the ice maker solenoid.

Name:   Icemaker2.JPG
Views: 411
Size:  23.1 KB

I understand I am to disconnect both the the water inlet (black garden hose female) coming from the right and the heated outlet line from the solenoid headed downwards in the photo. My question is where is the shut off for the ice maker vehicle water supply valve? There is a water maker shut off valve under the sink, but I donít think that is what they mean in step one. I think there must be a valve somewhere on the black hose line into the solenoid? Where does that black hose line connect to the main water supply line? Thanks for your assistance.

Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2015, 09:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by avid_dk View Post
Here are the instructions in the Norcold Refrigerator manual on winterizing the ice maker in my Newmar Baystar 3103.

1. Close the vehicle water supply valve to the refrigerator
2. Push the ice maker arm up until it locks into the OFF position.
3. Remove the garden hose adapter from the water solenoid valve.
4.Remove the ice make water line from water solenoid valve.
5.Drain all of the water from both the water supply line and the ice maker water line.
6. Put the ends of the water liners and the water solenoid valves each into clean plastic bags.
7. Use tape to close each plastic bag around the water lines and the water solenoid valves.

This is a picture of the ice maker solenoid.
Attachment 107590

I understand I am to disconnect both the the water inlet (black garden hose female) coming from the right and the heated outlet line from the solenoid headed downwards in the photo. My question is where is the shut off for the ice maker vehicle water supply valve? There is a water maker shut off valve under the sink, but I donít think that is what they mean in step one. I think there must be a valve somewhere on the black hose line into the solenoid? Where does that black hose line connect to the main water supply line? Thanks for your assistance.
Sounds about what I had to do on my previous coach, an Itasca DP with a Norcold 1200 4 dr frig. There was a "T" type shut-off valve under the sink in the water line that ran to the water inlet of the solenoid. Best I can remember I would shut that off, wait for the ice maker to dump then lift the ice maker arm up to the lock position so it won't fill and make any more ice.
Then I removed both water lines from the solenoid, drained the water from them (if they didn't drain much I would suck the water out with my mouth) then fastened the lines back to the solenoid to keep them clean. Did this for 11 years in Oklahoma with winter temps sometimes reaching the single digit temp and never had a problem the next spring.

Pretty well sounds like what the manual instructions are saying.

My current coach has a residential frig and I'm not sure how I'm going to go about winterizing it.

Good Luck.
wagonmaster2 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter