Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
We have loved our MADP from day one and have received outstanding service from Newmar and Dave's RV in Connecticut. (Yes we live in California, but we love driving east to see the sites and family and the people of Dave's) When we get to the point of moving to a new coach, we will have Newmar at the top of our list.
a10koaksfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #16

We have owned two Newmars and if we buy again it will be another Newmar. We ordered both after visiting the factory and "helped" Newmar design the interiors so both of our were "one of a kind."
Norm4015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes, no hesitation or doubt Newmar will be our next coach again!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #18
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Newmar is one of the few manufacturers that will do custom work and modify interiors.

That can be very important to some buyers.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
We would shop Newmar first and probably last. We've grown accustomed to Newmar parts availibility and tech support. Fit & finish, quality workmanship and attention to detail are strong points.
Parts pricing is not their selling feature.
bigskymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Finish & detail is good, quality of fabric on furniture is poor. DW noticed that when we first looked at coach. Support from factory has been excellent, we had major major issues with local dealer, so the factory support was important. That said, there are no dealers in CA now, so that has to be a consideration.
pkmesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I would look at Newmar first because the quality is great but I would also look at Tiffin because of our local dealer. I have meet and really like both owners, they are both really nice men and listen to your input. But I really like my Dutch Star.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Wow sure a lot of positive responses which is a good. Thanks everyone, while we also considered the Winnebago Tour and the Allegro bus. We keep coming back to the Dutchstar for floorplan (4344), also the cost is a little more in line with what we;re prepared to spend.

Trap
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #23

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We would and ...

we did and would do it again!
We belonged to a private RV club that my parents were charter members of in 1959. At the last there were about 12 MH's, 6 of which were Newmars, all the owners liked theirs so when we went looking to upgrade we went to Newmar and liked what we found. My parents had a Foretravel and an Airstream Excella before that so I was used to quality. We also found that Newmar was willing to modify the floor plan (removed two walls and a pocket door), as well as other changes for us.
They aren't as "flashy" as other rigs but we don't care, we got what we wanted with the quality we wanted at a price we could afford.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #24

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

I love my Newmar Dutchstar and have been totally satisfied with support. Newmar would be at the top of my list should I ever be in the market again. The only downside is I am sold on Spartan chassis, support, and availability of service centers. SO I will have to wait for Newmar to once again use the Spartan chassis or bite the bullet and upgrade to an Essex which is out of my price range. Which most likely means my Dutchstar will be with me for a long time.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Now thats a loaded question what can I say.
After owning three other brands we got our first of three Newmars in 98 a KS than a 99 MA in 2000 and now own our 2003 KS.
Had problems with other brands and also my Newmars most of problems with Newmars were chassis related, the Fords at the time could not carry the Newmar coach box.
Any problems I had with Newmar coach's they fixed or I did.
The 03 I'm in the process of redoing all the seams,tape the roof seams and getting the Workhorse brake recall done and maybe placing a Amish cooling unit in for Norcold which I have never had a problem with.
When I retire from irv2 the coach should be in tip top shape for someone.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
newmar 4 ever ?

I WOULD STAY WITH NEWMAR HAD I BEEN TOLD THAT THE FULL PAINT WOULD LOOK LIKE A ORANGE PEEL AFTER A FEW YRS. AND BELIEVE ALL NEW !
DRBARBER001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
You Betcha in a heartbeat! More bang for the buck!!

Spike
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #28

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ours hasn't been trouble free!
We ordered MA countertops, it came with standard Dutch Star ones. I'm still finding stripped screws and such that the dealer left in 2003.
Our front axle weighed 12,050 when we filled the propane and fuel tanks BEFORE we ever got aboard or loaded anything. After some negotiation and checking they agreed to replace the front axle with a 13,200# unit. Spartan suggested I request a 14,600# unit which I did and Newmar agreed. I did have to drive the unit to Charlotte and Nappanee but Newmar paid the fuel both ways (that was actually a WA state law). Still frighting a rough ride situation though even with new 305/70 front tires at 105 psi rather than 275/70's at 120 psi.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote