RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2009, 08:37 AM   #1

X Aire Satellite

I have a 2008 X AIRE 40CKSH. I am trying to get satelite hooked up. The unit is satelite prepped but i am not using a roof dish. The port on the drivers side rear of the unit works fine for cable tv but not satelite .
My question is where does the port by the front door go? Newmar tells me
that it goes to a switch box but not all X AIRE'S have switch boxs which mine must be one of those.

Thanks

chooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #2

I have never tried it, so this could be bad information, but the way I understand it in my 2004 DSDP , the cabinet over the pass. seat, where my surround sound,DVD and sat recs are located, there is a cable that comes from an outlet in the ceiling then loops back up into another outlet. If you take that cable loose from the correct outlet and route it to the back of your sat. rec. it should complete the connection from the electrical bay, when you have a portable sat. connection plugged in there, instead of a cable connection.
Tom

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmitchell View Post
I have never tried it, so this could be bad information, but the way I understand it in my 2004 DSDP , the cabinet over the pass. seat, where my surround sound,DVD and sat recs are located, there is a cable that comes from an outlet in the ceiling then loops back up into another outlet. If you take that cable loose from the correct outlet and route it to the back of your sat. rec. it should complete the connection from the electrical bay, when you have a portable sat. connection plugged in there, instead of a cable connection.
Tom
Thanks for the response
ENTERTANMENT CENTER
I have one cable comining into the entertanment center that is marked sat prep that goes to the roof. I have one cable going up to the tv. I have one port going to the drivers side outside rear for cable. I have used this port for cable tv and it worked fine, but for some reason it does not work for satelite. I took the port out of the wall inside the entertanment center and there are 3 RG-6 coax's cominig to some sort of splitter. I would assume one coming from the rear outside port and the other two going to the loft tv and the garage tv.

THE BEDROOM
In the bedroom i have one port that goes to the roof for sat prep.
Coming from the tv is a coax that goes to some sort of splitter. then a short coax that loops around for tv, i would assume for tv antenna.

I just can't find the other end of the front door external port. Newmar tells me that that is if i want to setup a tv outside. If i could find the other end i would plug in my remote satelite there.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP
CHOOIE
Old 12-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Chooie,

Don't quote me on this (I'm a class A owner, not a 5th wheel owner, so the setups are probably different), but I would think that if you look at the back of your source selector (the box with all of the switches for determining what signal goes to what TV) you would want to take the cable that is connected to the input for "Cable", disconnect that from the back of the source selector and plug it into the "Sat In" connection on your Satellite box. Then connect the output from the satellite box to the "Cable" input again (or to the "Sat" input if you'd prefer). Turn on the satellite tuner box, set the source selector to the correct input and it should work.

Basically, you're "subverting" Newmar's intent that the "Park Cable" input from the outside port for a different purpose.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbounders View Post
Chooie,

Don't quote me on this (I'm a class A owner, not a 5th wheel owner, so the setups are probably different), but I would think that if you look at the back of your source selector (the box with all of the switches for determining what signal goes to what TV) you would want to take the cable that is connected to the input for "Cable", disconnect that from the back of the source selector and plug it into the "Sat In" connection on your Satellite box. Then connect the output from the satellite box to the "Cable" input again (or to the "Sat" input if you'd prefer). Turn on the satellite tuner box, set the source selector to the correct input and it should work.

Basically, you're "subverting" Newmar's intent that the "Park Cable" input from the outside port for a different purpose.

Hope this helps.
bcbounders

I think i get the idea. Basically i would be by passing the cable tv selector source i will try that.

Thank you for your input
chooie
Old 12-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooie View Post
bcbounders

I think i get the idea. Basically i would be by passing the cable tv selector source i will try that.

Thank you for your input
chooie
MMMmmmm... not actually bypassing the source selector box. Think of it as inserting the Satellite Decoder box inline in the "Cable" input line.

Make sense?
Old 12-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #7

Quote:
MMMmmmm... not actually bypassing the source selector box. Think of it as inserting the Satellite Decoder box inline in the "Cable" input line.

Make sense?
Yes i will try that.
Thanks
chooie
Old 12-14-2009, 06:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooie View Post
Yes i will try that.
Thanks
chooie
BCBOUNDERS

As best as i can tell i do not have a source selector box. The closest thing that i have is where the coax for the cable comes in on the back side of the port looks like a splitter. It has three coax's leading to it but only one port on the front side. No way to select anything. The good news is that i have figured out how to get satelite into the unit without running it through the window. But thanks for all of your help. It is very much appreciated.

Chooie
Old 12-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Chooie,

Glad to hear you've gotten things all setup! Sorry I couldn't be more help. There's obviously more that's different between the 5th Wheels and Class A's than I thought.

Enjoy your satellite TV!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #10

Quote:
chooie,

glad to hear you've gotten things all setup! Sorry i couldn't be more help. There's obviously more that's different between the 5th wheels and class a's than i thought. :d

enjoy your satellite tv!
thanks again

chooie