Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Xite Infotainment Center/ RM GPS

A question for those with this system (king Aire, Essex, ??). I have an input jack on the dash for using either USB or a 3.5 mm audio jack, but am unable to plug an outside audio source through this jack and have it play through the speakers. When I select "auxiliary" for a source, it tells me no video is detected. There must be another setting somewhere, but I just can't find it.
Anybody done this successfully?
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The USB in my Essex interfaces with my iPhone nicely. What type of device are you trying to connect to? Additionally, I have to select USB rather than Auxiliary. Hope this helps?
Old 05-07-2014, 07:38 AM   #3

Slabman,

Why aren't you using the Bluetooth capabilities??

We also select USB for a corded interface
Old 05-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I use the USB for two reasons. Using it keeps the battery charged on my iPhone and it will better interface with the additional info displays that are available thru the USB connection.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:33 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
I messed around with the usb input selection and some other options and now I get a low level output from the speakers. Wow! Talk about a wimpy amplifier section in that "radio"! I think I read it had 50 watts/channel, hardly enough to drive anything but maybe some earbuds! LOL!

I also noticed the dash system outputs through the UPPER speakers, above the home entertainment speakers....why is that? The little bit of sound goes right over one's head when sitting in the driver's seat. So I'm going to switch these speakers, hoping that helps. But the real answer seems to be some decent speakers/tweeters, powered by a supplemental amp.

But that will have to wait....gotta fix some other items first.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gps