Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2021, 10:26 PM   #85

As a retired police officer I have always enjoyed watching peoples dash cams. They have proven or disproved so many stories. I have dash cams on both of my vehicles and have used it to help prove that the other driver had run a red light.
Retired MSgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2021, 06:02 PM   #86

Dash cam

I had a similar incident where my dash cam saved me. I was traveling in the right lane of an interstate and there was a car parked on the left shoulder with the left turn signal on. Just as I approached the car pulled out of the shoulder and drove across both lanes right in front of me. I slammed on the brakes but could not avoid the collision. The dash cam saved me because it looked like a rear end collision that was my fault. I sent the clip into the insurance company and the repairs were covered with no cost to me.
Chazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 06:04 PM   #87

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I appreciate you sharing your story and so glad no one was injured.

I am looking for a dash cam for my RV after hearing what you went through.
jeddpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:11 PM   #88

I have an old dash cam I have been using for several years. I am going to try my iPhone with a dash cam app. What are the advantages/drawbacks t making that move? I have downloaded “Driver” and “Dash Cam” from the App Store. Anybody use these or any others?
Old 09-13-2021, 04:16 PM   #89

Newmar Owners Club
Update

Well, another update.

The shop and insurance company have agreed on a price to repair the damage. I called the shop today to see where i will be on the schedule if no units don't have to be pulled out waiting on parts.

They said I was on their list to call today. The had a coach in a bay that parts did not show up for. As they had approval from the insurance company they pulled it in on Friday and started work. Their expectation is it will be in paint by Friday and with a little luck I can get it next week.

The only parts mine needs are the chrome strips at the bottom of the basement doors.

The RV specialty appraiser (RV's and such) told me he had units that didn't have appointments to get repairs until January. Seems like it might be a good time to have a body shop that can handle RV's.

I also got two more dash cameras by UPS today for the cars that don't have them.
tim5055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 04:32 PM   #90

Winnebago Owners Club
When my RV was in the shop at National Indoor RV Center in Dallas as the job got closer to being done I was told that they had destroyed the trim pieces that came off of the coach and they didn't have a Winnebago parts catalog. They told me that they couldn't paint the coach because the trim needed painting too and without any trim it would stop the whole job. They planned to call a Winnebago dealer and have them figure out what parts were needed and to get the parts for them.

I explained that all Winnebago part numbers for every model/year was available online in an interactive 3D parts catalog. But they said they couldn't access it because it required them to download a special 3D viewer addon for their browser. The Addon was free, but their IT Dept didn't permit them to download the software.

So, without missing a beat, I looked up the parts, called Winnebago, ordered the parts and overnight shipping and voila... they could move my coach into the Paint booth the very next day.

Sometimes you have to be your own advocate to make things happen. They ended up waiving my entire insurance deductible ($500) because of the help I provided to them.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:30 AM   #91

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mounting locations for dash cam?

Hello tim5055,

Thank you for this information, it is importatnt.

Looking at the dashcam you mentioned, it seems like it is angled for a car windshield.

If you don’t mind, where and how did you mount it front and rear?

Thank you
FloridaSon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, dash