Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2018, 01:28 AM   #15

Your Newmar Dealer

Wow hope Tom invites us next time.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2018, 09:20 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
Newmar is stuck in a bad place in SoCal. Sure wish they would approve Tom to handle Newmar Luxury coaches.

The tough reality is that the dealer we would like to avoid in SoCal is a very big customer of Newmar. Based on the web sites for Holland and Lindstrom, Holland has 44 Newmar spec units for sale and Lindstrom has 12. Even more impressive is that the Holland 44 spec units contain a heavy mix to the Newmar Luxury coaches. So the bottom line is that Holland is a very big customer to Newmar. Unlikely we will see any change.

Yes life in So Cal is nice unless your an owner of a Newmar. My truly viable options for QUALITY Newmar service are Oregon, Arizona, Nevada when NIRVC opens.
Come on Newmar it’s time to fix this problem.

Very frustrated Mountain Aire owner.
Soniccruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:30 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I think Newmar is missing a golden opportunity not only hear in SoCal but across the country. After spending considerable money on the new factory service facility in Napanee why not open a network of factory service locations strategically placed around the country.

“Build it and they will come”
Soniccruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:40 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
Newmar is stuck in a bad place in SoCal. Sure wish they would approve Tom to handle Newmar Luxury coaches.

The tough reality is that the dealer we would like to avoid in SoCal is a very big customer of Newmar. Based on the web sites for Holland and Lindstrom, Holland has 44 Newmar spec units for sale and Lindstrom has 12. Even more impressive is that the Holland 44 spec units contain a heavy mix to the Newmar Luxury coaches. So the bottom line is that Holland is a very big customer to Newmar. Unlikely we will see any change.

Just my thoughts, but I would think Tom is happy with the line he has and probably would say no to the higher end coaches. Newmar would probably jump for joy if he took on the luxury line. He likes it simple and sells out the entire line every year. Why have the hassle? However, that said, he would be a great higher end dealer as well, if he so choose.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:11 PM   #19
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Yeah, he would have to dress in a suit and tie and Scotty and Mike would have to where uniforms!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:03 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Totally agree , Tom has a business model that works perfect, why mess with it.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:39 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soniccruzer View Post
Yes life in So Cal is nice unless your an owner of a Newmar. My truly viable options for QUALITY Newmar service are Oregon, Arizona, Nevada when NIRVC opens.
Come on Newmar it’s time to fix this problem.

Very frustrated Mountain Aire owner.
At least So Cal has a couple of dealers. Nor Cal has zero, with 8-10 million people in the greater Bay Area! Yes, there is one dealer in the valley near Stockton but they do not carry any high line Newmars. And that’s it. How is that possible? Ended up traveling to Junction City Oregon to buy our DS and that’s where we have to go for service. Sure seems like a gold mine here in the SFBay Area for Newmar but they sell every unit they make now so why would they bother expanding their dealer network.
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:30 PM   #22

Your Newmar Dealer

Hey guys, as a guy who has had 4 Entegras and soon to be an owner of a 2019 New Aire I understand very well the need for dealers who not only want my service business but back it up with facilities and trained techs who enjoy making customers happy. My dealer, NIRVC sold and services my Entegra and will do the same with my New Aire. They are building a nationwide network of full line dealerships with one in the Atlanta area, Dallas area, and Phoenix in operation. The exciting news for you guys in California, they will open a new facility in Las Vegas in January! While it is not in California it is close and believe me, worth the drive. The new Las Vegas facility will be the crown jewell of the network to date. It is a new building for storage and service with 50 amp electric hookups in a climate controlled facility for well over 300 coaches with security and valet service all INSIDE the building! In addition they will sell and service the full Newmar line. They will do as much or as little for you as you desire from having you coach out and cooled off ready to travel to wash-wax-clean-detail to fill your coach with fuel to delivery and setup at your site or event ready for you to enjoy. In addition if you are just coming in for service they will have 50 amp and water hookups with a dump station on site. If you need to leave your coach for service or to wait for parts it will be hooked up to electricity ALL of the time, even when in the shop for Service. It is truly an amazing experience that you will have to try to believe. They plan to open a network of facilities nationwide that are in the travel patterns of their customers so that their service is never very far away and your trip is not ruined. I am sorry for the long post but these guys keep my travel dreams from becoming nightmares and I wanted to share my excitement about their newest expansion. All JMHO
Old 09-03-2018, 08:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
The exciting news for you guys in California, they will open a new facility in Las Vegas in January! While it is not in California it is close and believe me, worth the drive. The new Las Vegas facility will be the crown jewell of the network to date. It is a new building for storage and service with 50 amp electric hookups in a climate controlled facility for well over 300 coaches with security and valet service all INSIDE the building! In addition they will sell and service the full Newmar line.
That is great news. Only 4 hour drive for me from Palm Springs and a great destination to wait for service.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:54 PM   #24

Carolina Campers
Hi fellow RVers. I am the president of the NJ Garden Aires. I am hosting my first rally Sept 13 to 16th. My dealer, Dylans RV has given a large donation of not only money but also has given us backpacks, shirts, all sorts of goodies in the backpacks and is sending a teck to our rally and dinner to answer any questions about our rvs and help with any problems we might have. He helped set us up with a huge dinner and rodeio. He would have liked also to attend but he and most of his staff will be in Hershey for the huge RV show. I am very lucky to have a dealer that is involved with our club.
djtommysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:17 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey Don!

If I'm not mistaken, I think I just discovered your coach on RV Trader at Tom's?
The new Mountain Aire process is moving right along!

Someone's going to get a tricked out '14 DS some day soon!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:51 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtommysr View Post
Hi fellow RVers. I am the president of the NJ Garden Aires. I am hosting my first rally Sept 13 to 16th. My dealer, Dylans RV has given a large donation of not only money but also has given us backpacks, shirts, all sorts of goodies in the backpacks and is sending a teck to our rally and dinner to answer any questions about our rvs and help with any problems we might have. He helped set us up with a huge dinner and rodeio. He would have liked also to attend but he and most of his staff will be in Hershey for the huge RV show. I am very lucky to have a dealer that is involved with our club.
Great to hear that about Dylans. They are our closest dealer and currently have our New Aire in for some warranty work. Have always been impressed with their sales group and got good vibes about their service team when we dropped the coach.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:05 PM   #27
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"Electra 225".....That's my coach....I also live in Moorpark, so that's my add, not Toms.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:12 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Hey Don!

If I'm not mistaken, I think I just discovered your coach on RV Trader at Tom's?
The new Mountain Aire process is moving right along!

Someone's going to get a tricked out '14 DS some day soon!

It’s like buying a celebrity, we have all lived through all of Dons amazing upgrades and modifications, and now some lucky person can own it completed. It’s a very nice Dutch Star.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, newmar