Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2010, 05:35 AM   #1

04 Alpine Refrigerator

Our refrigerator won't get cold neither will the freezer. I can hear the fan run and I think the compressor kicks in. What do I do. Also how do I get the frig out of its place to service? It is an Amana side by side.
frank4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2010, 06:21 AM   #2

There could be several things going on but its a good chance there is a freon leak. First try turning the small red knob at the front of the frig, behind the kick plate/vent at very bottom, right-hand side, just in front of the water evap pan. This manual timer controls the defrost cycle and sometimes it get stuck.

Otherwise, you will have to roll the frig out and have a service tech try to fix it in the coach--four thru-floor bolts hold it in place. To replace/remove frig, you might could take the frig doors off and get the frig thru a mid-door coach opening but havent tried it. No way thru a front door coach--you have to take out the coach side window as the frig was installed at manufacture. Do a "search" on this topic using the search feature on the forum--lots of info on the Amana frig----good luck.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:53 AM   #3

New Refer

Frank I replaced My Amana last June With a Jenn Air Model # JCD2290HEB it fits with little modification. I have a mid door so the doors must come off and that is easy. The new one doesnt use near as much power when dry camping. Jim
Looking 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:55 AM   #4

Frank, It is probably the compressor. My 05 has four bolts installed from the basement into the frame of the refer remove them. 2 are in the holding tank compartment and the other 2 are in the next bay forward. Then remove the grill an door hinge covers at the bottom front of the refer. You will find 4 5/16 bolts that are used to raise and lower the wheels. Lower the wheels all the way and the refer will easily roll out. Several of us have had our compressors replaced with the unit pulled out into the kitchen area
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #5

Thanks for your help, will have a tech out as soon as I can get one.Thanks again.
Frank
frank4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
04 Alpine Frig.

Locate the defrost timer, usually behind the front kick plate. Sometimes they get stuck or stop in the defrost mode. You can turn the timer with a screw driver to get it into cooling mode.
kspickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #7

04 Amana Refrig

Thanks for all the help, it was low on freon. The tech tapped the coils from the front and all seems to be well.
frankw is offline   Reply With Quote