Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2017, 12:27 PM   #1

05 air horn

anybody know where the horn solenoid is on our 36' fssd
quabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2017, 12:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by quabin View Post

The solenoid valve is usually attached to a fitting from the air tank, anyway that's where it's located on our coach.

Good luck with your search

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:49 PM   #3

Actual location could vary by chassis manufacturer .

The air supply to the roof mounted horns on my coach , runs up the left windshield pillar, and the solenoid is attached to an air manifold below the floor under the drivers feet. I't the part with the white plastic cover in this photo. Black plastic tube running up to the top right of the photo is the air to roof supply.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0305 (640x360).jpg
Views:	65
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	168498  
Old 07-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #4

I just replaced mine it is behind the wall in the cabinet next to the tv. You have to cut a hole in the paneling at the back of the cabinet.
rangerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by quabin View Post
On my 06 it is located on the fire wall under the dash and behind the steering column.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #6

Mine was basically right under the air horns on the inside top corner of mine... Had to rip the whole top panel that holds all the electrical switches for power for water pump generate hot water heater and everything out to get to it. And then it was buried in some insolation... Only way I found it was by accident. Air horns were not working so I thought air line we're clogged. Put some weights on the horn button and crawled up on roof to do some cleaning.. after cleaning and still no good I climbed back down and the cabin was full of smoke. The solonoid was smoking bc of shotty wiring... Avoided a disaster and found it....
Adamsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:36 PM   #7

Quabin, assume you own an Alpine since you posted to the Alpine Owner's Forum. Please add the year and model to your signature to aid other Alpine owners in helping with answers you have regarding your Alpine Coach. Your solenoid will probably be where rrthor describes, however with WRV it could be elsewhere. Disregarding responses from owners of other coaches will simplify your solution.

All others please return to the appropriate forum where your fellow owners eagerly await your wisdom.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:51 PM   #8

Sorry.... Me to... I thought I was on Spartan.... Good luck with the hunt...
Adamsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:31 PM   #9

'01 38FDDS, solenoid was on firewall behind carpet just in front of the accelerator.