Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #1

Mac & Sandy, thanks for getting back to me on some of your problems. I agree, except for the slide not going in flat, that most of the problems are minor. What concerns me most are those problems. When a final inspector walks through your coach he or she should be the most critical person employeed by WRV. A shade that doesn't match, molding coming off, staples loose in the carpet(I would think the inspector should be in barefeet). You must run the water pump to drain the fresh water tank. These situations are absurd and should never be allowed to get to the inspector let alone the consumer. They are truly deplorable and the worst of all is they can't schedule your coach for service until the end of October. I would be on top of somebody's desk in a true fit of rage. Do not allow them to do this to you. Each one of us has a stake in this outfit and if this is how we are to be shown the new way, something is grossly wrong. If Ron Doyle can't get this corrected immediately, then go to Mr Fish from Monomoy, but do not let them off the hook. You paid a lot of money for a piece of equipment that is to be in the top dollar group. Personally you really got the short end of the stick. Get furious and react!!! For some reason this did not post in your response. Probably because it was from me.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #2

Mac & Sandy, thanks for getting back to me on some of your problems. I agree, except for the slide not going in flat, that most of the problems are minor. What concerns me most are those problems. When a final inspector walks through your coach he or she should be the most critical person employeed by WRV. A shade that doesn't match, molding coming off, staples loose in the carpet(I would think the inspector should be in barefeet). You must run the water pump to drain the fresh water tank. These situations are absurd and should never be allowed to get to the inspector let alone the consumer. They are truly deplorable and the worst of all is they can't schedule your coach for service until the end of October. I would be on top of somebody's desk in a true fit of rage. Do not allow them to do this to you. Each one of us has a stake in this outfit and if this is how we are to be shown the new way, something is grossly wrong. If Ron Doyle can't get this corrected immediately, then go to Mr Fish from Monomoy, but do not let them off the hook. You paid a lot of money for a piece of equipment that is to be in the top dollar group. Personally you really got the short end of the stick. Get furious and react!!! For some reason this did not post in your response. Probably because it was from me.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:39 PM   #3

Wow, Ted...I think your expectations are very unrealistic. We've been lurking on a lot of different owner's sites, and I see these same things everywhere. I don't any manufacturer delivers an absolutely perfect unit...unless you are paying tons of money for a custom job.

Did Mac pick up his rig at the factory or at a dealer? If at a dealer, it seems that the PDI is the responsibility of the dealer. And, the dealer also has the ability to fix all of these things...it's not necessary to wait for a factory appointment.

To suggest that an inspector should be in barefeet is the most ludicrous suggestion of all. As far as I know, new rigs are delivered with plastic tacked down over the carpet, so they wouldn't know about loose tacks anyway. Now, it should be expected that production should not leave loose tacks...that is a more realistic expectation.
greyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:37 AM   #4

gjgreymann, I guess each of us has a set of priorities as to what we expect from a new piece of equipment costing in excess of $ 300,000.00. These small insignificant things as you apperently see them are monumental to Alpine purchasors. These are the things that we have been assured that WRV would clean up. Barefooted inspectors would only need to walk through once and then heads would roll. The thin plastic that has the sticky side holding it to the carpet would certainly allow the inspector to feel some twenty loose tacks. I believe that test should be completed prior to the thin plastic being laid down. We, as Alpine buyers do not want our coaches to be like other coach manufacturers products. We certainly do not expect the unit to be perfect, but we certainly expect all moldings to be attached properly, we expect the day and night shades to match in color. We don't care where the coach was purchased. WRV/Alpine built the unit and they have a responsibility to take care of their errors and not in 6 months. You may find these comments ludicrous, Alpine owners consider them normal. As I said it depends on what you expect from your coach builder. Do you want just another one or do you want an Alpine. "That is the difference" This is what got Alpine in trouble and they need to correct it quickly. Other manufacturers consider these gross errors with lack of quality control normal. Alpine owners do not. This is what will make an Alpine four steps above and beyond its competition. That is why Alpine owners feel the way they do and they are d*** proud of it.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:48 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
S..W..E..E..T!!! My Ted is back.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:32 PM   #6

Norm, I really felt as though I had let you down. To avoid any form of depression I felt it necessary to write this post for numerous reasons. I did not want you to think I had failed you.
Serious, how is your new coach?
Ted
Old 04-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Hey!! Where did Carol go.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:57 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Ted: I am thoroughly enjoying my new 07 36FDTS Alpine Vicarious. That is the new model for forum lurkers who have not yet closed on the sale of their property and are thus forced to full-time on Envy Road. As long as my La-Z-Boy keeps rockin', I can/will just ignore the fact that my coach is rumored to be near completion in Union Gap.

OC
Old 04-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #9

Ted, read your post when you first added it to forum. I will get all the problems fixed. Not sure jumping up and down on Rons desk or making Mr. Fish aware of the problems would help. I doubt if either one cares. Its been my observation in the past that Ron only has a select set of owners he listens to or would be willing to help. It seems to me at least with my coach it business as usuall. I will start on Monday trying to get someones attention.
Would be interesting if other owners of 07's other than Gail and myselp would post problems thay have had.

Mac Diller
07 36FDTS SE.
01 PT Limited Edition
Old 04-28-2007, 02:55 PM   #10

Mike, I would be most inclined to agree with you. I would keep in mind if things are not moving in your direction as they should I would definitely look for Burk Morgan. I think you will find that he is a straight shooter and typically will do everything possible to get your coach straightened out. Please keep us all posted as to your progress or lack of. Please let me know if you are not having any success.

Just possiblbly I could be of some help.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:31 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Don't know if Ted & Kay Watts read the forum, but I do know that they picked up their new rig from Uhlmann not long before we did our factory CPU. From what they told me, the main issue was that they had ordered a faux wood floor, and WRV installed the tile floor...as that is sort of the standard now. A big OOOOPPPPSSS! Anyway, fortunately, Uhlmann is very conscientious, and actually sent a rep to the factory to check the coach before it was transported to Uhlmann. (BIG KUDDOS TO UHLMANN!!) So, WRV tore out the tile and replaced it with "wood". Other than that, Ted and Kay were very happy with their rig.

That's all I know about anyone else...
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:19 AM   #12

Gail & John, that's quite a concession from WRV to make the change in the flooring. In my opinion I am certainly glad to see improvements that never existed. It is terrific to hear that they are taking care of things in that manner. I hope they take care of Mac & Sandy's situation as there were certainly some things that should not have been. Hopefully WRV takes care of their situation promptly whether through a dealer or at the factory.
I do hope when the coyote(Norm) gets his new coach it is perfect. If they leave the engine out it would eliminate a great deal of his traveling problems.
In sincerity, I hope his coach comes through with minimal problems. It certainly sounds like things are going in the right direction.
I hope some day we can all meet driving our problem free Alpines and just discuss old age, our aches & pains and what pills we have to take!
At that point we will realize what a great Motor coach we have.
Thank you for paying attention as I think it will benefit everyone of us.
Enjoy everyday!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
[I can't find a graemlin that is crying].

"My coach" was ordered with bamboo floors....

....just kidding Burk. Hee Hee. I am bad bad.

It was ordered with what G&J calls "faux" wood floors. I will run up there later this week and peek in the windows-- Steve B at Uhlmann says "not to worry".

If it doesn't have an engine I will contact Ted immediately as he will have to help me push.

OC
Old 05-04-2007, 06:51 AM   #14

+

I spoke with Burk and he indicated that there was no proplem with the wood "faux" flooring. It will be stacked very neatly inside on the left side of the coach. NOTE: "SAR". The other good news is you are definitely getting the Cummins ISL 400HP engine. Due to time restraints at WRV to meet your delivery requirements it was necessary to ship the engine in pieces. 3 wrenches and a hammer are to be included for assembly. Unfortunately the warranty will be void on your engine as you have tampered with it. The new transmission comes with 6th gear only. All other gears are optional. What a deal you have gotten from Burk.