Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2010, 12:37 PM   #1

18 x 18 side table

I have an 08 34' Alpne. I wish to remove the 18x18 cabinet behind the copilot seat in order to put in a computer desk. I have removed 7 screws in the back and the cabinet still will not come loose. What else is holding the cabinet in place? Any suggestions?
RE Townsend
RE Townsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #2

I had the same thing in my Holiday Rambler and found that the bottom of the cabinet was thin wood that had to be unstapled and there were screws underneath it.

Maybe that will work.
Jim
Old 03-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Usually screws through the bottom shelf into the floor. If your cabinet has the fuzzy fabric on the bottom shelf they will be a little harder to see. Sometimes there is a bead of silicone between the cabinet top and the wall.
Gary Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:42 AM   #4

I have removed my side table and found that the bottom "fuzzy" covered panel will actually lift up using a small putty knife or screwdriver. Underneath you will find additional screws into the side wall and floor. That should allow you to remove it.
johnwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:35 AM   #5

Wink

On our 2002 MDDS I moved ours back about 3" so that the passenger seat would recliner and rotate properly. I took 2" out of the depth to allow more room. Also, added another 110v outlet and 12v outlets on both sides of cabinet.
We use it for the laptop and it works very well.
Beagle RC Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #6

Update on the 18" cube cabinet. Thank you all for the comments. I removed it successfully. I don't know what Alpine thought was going to happen but it had 17 - 2" screws and 2 - 3" screws. Anyway, I now have a compute desk. Thanks All.
Bob Townsend
RE Townsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
And the beginnings of a hardware store, apparently.