Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2019, 07:45 PM   #15

Brochures

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKOne View Post
hlagooty, PM me with your email address and I will send chassis reviews and OEM brochures and whatever else I may have that may be helpful.

Also, check out this thread: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/alpi...ne-394682.html

Hello Tim,
I recently purchased a 2000 38 FDDS and would greatly appreciate any reviews or brochures. Happy to pay for copies, shipping, etc.
Thank you,
David
Alpine00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2019, 06:59 AM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
Not sure where you are getting your information, but the only section of the ACA website that is not open to everyone is the Technical Library, which as I have said before is information that is specific to Alpine coaches, I can not imagine anyone other than an Alpine owner needing it. And ALL the information on IRV2 is open to the public.

You are right Dave. I recalled that the members directory was posted on the members section. It is not.
I lost the password months ago and was going by memory.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Not sure where you are getting your information, but the only section of the ACA website that is not open to everyone is the Technical Library, which as I have said before is information that is specific to Alpine coaches, I can not imagine anyone other than an Alpine owner needing it. And ALL the information on IRV2 is open to the public.
Dave,

Three years ago I was not an Alpine owner. Just a guy looking for a quality used coach. Alpine, Beaver, CC, Foretravel, HR, Monaco, etc. I had access at the time to the ACA tech library prior to owning any type of RV. I found it useful. I studied the brochures to learn about the different features and options from year to year. I read documents about the VMM, steering bracket upgrade and master cylinder upgrade among others.

That information being available may have been influential in our final decision to purchase an Alpine. Had it not been available it is quite likely that I would have crossed Alpine off the list and moved onto another brand. As you know, there has been some discussion about the decision to keep the library in a members only section and how that decision may impact others perceptions of our organization.

I know now, after 2 1/2 years and 3 rallies, what a great group of people I have joined. On this forum there are currently at least 2 active threads where potential future owners are seeking information about Alpines. There have been others in the same situation over the past few years. Sure, they can dig through this forum in search of answers. Some of those questions could be answered if they simply had access to a brochure that was readily available.

Perhaps these examples will help create an awareness of who, other than an Alpine owner, would need or want access to this information.

Bob
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:55 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Patty View Post
You are right Dave. I recalled that the members directory was posted on the members section. It is not.
I lost the password months ago and was going by memory.

Tom,

You can reach out to an ACA officer and get the password. PM me if you need contact info.

Dave
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:08 PM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPioneer View Post
Dave,

Three years ago I was not an Alpine owner. Just a guy looking for a quality used coach. Alpine, Beaver, CC, Foretravel, HR, Monaco, etc. I had access at the time to the ACA tech library prior to owning any type of RV. I found it useful. I studied the brochures to learn about the different features and options from year to year. I read documents about the VMM, steering bracket upgrade and master cylinder upgrade among others.

That information being available may have been influential in our final decision to purchase an Alpine. Had it not been available it is quite likely that I would have crossed Alpine off the list and moved onto another brand. As you know, there has been some discussion about the decision to keep the library in a members only section and how that decision may impact others perceptions of our organization.

I know now, after 2 1/2 years and 3 rallies, what a great group of people I have joined. On this forum there are currently at least 2 active threads where potential future owners are seeking information about Alpines. There have been others in the same situation over the past few years. Sure, they can dig through this forum in search of answers. Some of those questions could be answered if they simply had access to a brochure that was readily available.

Perhaps these examples will help create an awareness of who, other than an Alpine owner, would need or want access to this information.

Bob

Bob,

All valid points, if you think the Tech Library should be open to the public, as an ACA member you should reach out to the leadership and voice your opinion. I do not change the policy, only members making their desires known to leadership will influence that. It is my belief that only some of that leadership participate here on IRV2, so you might bring it up during the membership meeting portion of the next rally you attend, I am sure if they feel the majority feel like you do they will consider a change, I have found they are all reasonable folks.

Dave
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:36 AM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Tom,

You can reach out to an ACA officer and get the password. PM me if you need contact info.

Dave
Thank you Dave. I actually emailed Dean and asked him to make sure I was current the other night, and forwarded it to me.
Tom and Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:02 AM   #21

Quote:
Bob,

All valid points, if you think the Tech Library should be open to the public, as an ACA member you should reach out to the leadership and voice your opinion. I do not change the policy, only members making their desires known to leadership will influence that. It is my belief that only some of that leadership participate here on IRV2, so you might bring it up during the membership meeting portion of the next rally you attend, I am sure if they feel the majority feel like you do they will consider a change, I have found they are all reasonable folks.

Dave
Thanks. I have contacted several about the decision.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 03:04 PM   #22

hello I do appreciate your offer brochures would be helpful but I haven't seen another for sale since the last one sold out from under me. I could not find a brochure or specs info about it so shied away from it and lost my chance. I really don't understand why aca would hold hostage info that may make new owners and friends. I won't buy anything that expensive without due diligence and they made that near impossible. hopefully there is another one around the corner. thanks for your offer to help.
hlagooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:04 PM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlagooty View Post
hello I do appreciate your offer brochures would be helpful but I haven't seen another for sale since the last one sold out from under me. I could not find a brochure or specs info about it so shied away from it and lost my chance. I really don't understand why aca would hold hostage info that may make new owners and friends. I won't buy anything that expensive without due diligence and they made that near impossible. hopefully there is another one around the corner. thanks for your offer to help.

Here are a few pdf files.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2001 Peak Chassis Review.pdf (78.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: pdf 2005PeakChassis.pdf (2.44 MB, 92 views)
Old 11-27-2019, 09:50 PM   #24

AKOne, I also have a 2000 36.
If you have access to pdf brochures or owners manual please send to my email address:
brianna.rae.savage@gmail.com

Thanks. I just purchased in august and have no manual.
I am halfway to joining ACA. Just did their FMCA requirement.
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote