Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #1

We have a 2002 34" FDDS and a bottle fell from an upper cabinet and cracked the counter top. Does anyone know what the material is, or how I can find the information? Thanks
Pete & Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #2

We have a 2002 34" FDDS and a bottle fell from an upper cabinet and cracked the counter top. Does anyone know what the material is, or how I can find the information? Thanks
Old 05-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Pete & Cynthia,

The brochure for the 2002 coach says you've got "Karadon" countertops in the kitchen and bath. A quick Google search brings up http://www.karadon.com/ They're up in BC, Canada at 1-800-KARADON.

Cheers from Hanford, CA!
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #4

Pete & Cynthia,

This topic has come up before. Check this irv2.com link for useful info:

http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9686094452/m/...10758441#13710758441
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #5

Thanks Mike & Mike, I saw later brochures that had the Karadon but did not have my 2002 as I bought it used...will try to contact the company.

Nice to see you are in Hanford...greetings from Atascadero
Old 05-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Pete & Cynthia,

If you're interested in getting the brochure digitally, or any of the brochures from 2002 to 2006, drop me an email and I'll send it as an attachment to a reply email.

trek at 2mikeys dot com

Maybe we'll run into you sometime over on the coast!

Cheers!
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #7

Our stove cover on our 2001, which of course is removable, cracked into two pieces on a rough ride. I took it to a kitchen/Bathroom counter top maker and they were able to repair and bond the two pieces together and the crack is only visible if you know where to look and we have traveled thousands of miles since then including dirt roads in the baja and it is still good. An easy and inexpensive alternative.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
To help all with this topic.

When we took delivery, we hated the rattle noise of the stove and trash bin/sink covers, so we went to Home Depot, and bought 1/2" diameter furniture feet in felt material, but the silicon ones would also work. We put those little feet on each corner, and one each along the edge so the weight distribution would be even, now they rattle less, and don't land hard if we hit a bump in the road. The sink/stove covers however rub against each other, and I don't have a solution for that yet, but working on it. We could just pull them off and put in the cabinet below made for storage, but I don't like that either. Must look out for those bad pot holes.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:23 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
But ours has a crack in the bathroom sink countertop, and hope their is a easy reply, because it's a little sharp and someone could cut there hand. So if a repair process does come to hand, let the group know so they can add it to their "repair list file".
Old 06-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #10

Just want to let everyone know that it is possible to replace any Karadon surface. A couple of years ago, I wanted to build a computer desk and add a Karadon top but WRV said my color was obsolete. Last month, we went to Davis Cabinets in Junction City, OR, and had cabinets, new slide out table, and a computer desk added. Shaun Davis was able to get Karadon in an exact match to our original to finish off the tops. He can get Karadon to match anything you need. He can aslo work with it to produce any piece that has broken or chipped. It is not cheap, but it's worth it!! He can be reached at (541) 988-8778, or visit his website at www.daviscabinets.com.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #11

Our range covers are in a box in the garage. Not wanting anything that heavy to come flying forward in case of an accident we stored them for the next owner. They are cumbersome, heavy and seemingly only for appearance.
Beagle RC Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:34 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Hmmm, have not thought of that, wonder should I try to velcro them, or put them under the sink, where they are supposed to be stored. Will talk to the better half on her thoughts. We drove up Highway 28 in Montana, roughest road we have ever been on bar none, down to 40 or less because the road is so bad, they rattled but never jumped out of the slots they occupy. Still food for thought.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:34 AM   #13

We never travel with the sink or stove top covers on. I moved the divider in the cabinet below so that all 4 pieces would fit with bubble wrap around. My wife also silences the stove burners with different types of packing, usually the non-slid materials which completely shuts up those rattles. I do really hate rattles and have accomplished a great deal in keeping the coach extremely quiet.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #14

Ted- What have you done to quiet the vibrating window screens?