Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2014, 08:26 AM   #1

2005 Alpine Limited Floor Tiles

I was wondering if someone has had a problem finding replacement floor tiles? We recently bought an 05 with glossy white ones with no cracks...within a few weeks I have cracks all over the kitchen area...
buckhammer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
I wonder why it would suddenly crack all over?
Jeeper64060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhammer1 View Post
I was wondering if someone has had a problem finding replacement floor tiles? We recently bought an 05 with glossy white ones with no cracks...within a few weeks I have cracks all over the kitchen area...
Are they the original tiles?
2003 34FDDS Alpine Banks 430hp #74869
Viola, Idaho 3rd Armored Cav & 3rd Infantry Division
tiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:13 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Buckhammer1, when WRV delivered the coach to the original owner there were several tiles on the coach. I assume you are not the first owner, Have you looked in all the compartments? WRV also included samples of how the walls were constructed.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:18 PM   #5

we're probably the third owner and there is nothing...no paperwork...we were told it was a repo...several things were wrong with it, as we've found out...as for the original tiles...they look like the original ones that I have seen on others....they appear as hairline cracks all over the kitchen area...near the refer and counters...
Old 06-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhammer1 View Post
Ok so no cracks for ~9 years and now they're cracked? It sounds to me like they were replaced before you bought it and maybe not installed correctly so they have now cracked?

If that is the case, you may be able to contact the person/dealer you bought it from and see if they know where the installer got the tiles.
tankcj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #7

Thanks tankcj, but this coach was a repo...the dealer I bought it from purchased it from the auction...no paperwork, and no info...plus he sold it As-is...so...that idea of new cracking makes sense, tho. It seems weird though that it didn't have any cracks when we bought it...the dealer didn't seem like the guy that put money into any tile.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:10 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Are there any other things going on, are the shocks good, how about the air bags? I would look for something causing the tiles to crack. I have 2 or 3 hairline cracks between the kitchen and the bath, but this have been there for years. Are you going to the Redmond rally? I have to check but if I still have my spares we can see if they are the same color, then you could possibly match them.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #9

Thanks DrDaveMA...nope we're not going to be there...The shocks feel ok, the airbags seem fine in that they fill and the coach rides ok..this is the second Alpine we've owned...the other was an 03 36' coach that had bad shocks, back u joints, and for all the time we owned it had a bad lifter pump or injector pump...it would cough at start up...this one we've found out that the ECM has been replaced with a off brand unit that had the jake brake turned off along with the cruise control...shish...
Old 06-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Is there anything else you can associate with the breaking of the tiles ?
Old 06-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #11

it a mystery...I've been a professional driver for 40 years, have seen a lot of weird things with trucks, and this seems like another one of those. The tile looked great when we bought it a few months ago. But now I look around and it seems they are everywhere. At this rate it doesn't look good. We're planning on going to Pismo Beach in November with the So. California Alpine club, maybe they can look around and see what's what.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:06 AM   #12

Our 2005 alpine had cracked tiles around the fridge and dining area. The wood underneath had gotten wet somehow (we pulled up a tile to inspect before buying it). We were planning on replacing the floor anyway so it wasn't a big deal to us. No idea how it happened. Our coach had a few new spare tiles still in the basement.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:13 AM   #13

That's interesting that yours had water damage under the refer. My refrigerator water system doesn't work....for some reason the person or persons that owned this vehicle pulled plugs all over the coach...no water system to the refrigerator, no auto start for the generator, no engine per heat for the hydrohot, no power to my basement cable box...
Old 06-12-2014, 12:01 AM   #14

I purchased my 2007 new in 2010. It several cracked tiles. It wasn't a very good install job with rough grout joints. All the floors in WRV coaches were installed over 1/2 OSB board, which is not enough support for tile. Even with the Peak chassis, that floor flexes with the jacks. I suppose maybe a 40footer would flex more than a shorter one. There is no way to find exact color match for any tile later. What I did was find some quality 18X18 1/8" solid vinyl tile to lay over the tile. It was not glue down and cleared the slide ok. It cleans easy and looks good. If I was to remove the tile, I would use a quality laminate floating floor. WRV did use quality Wilsonart laminate floor in my 2000, but they glued it down with the wrong glue and was popping loose. Had they used the floating floor it would have been great for M/H.
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote