Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #1

2007 ULSD Regen Switch Location

Could someone please tell me where I can find the switch location for the regen that WRV put on? It no where around the dash. I called Silverleaf and they said they don't control it. Right now it is on regen inhibit and I need to turn it on. I know when I turn it on I have to make sure nobody is near the exhaust pipe.

I had the turbo and actuator replaced and I am getting high exhaust temps now.

Kraig
2007 Apex
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #2

Kraig- if there is a switch for manual regen that would be news to me. In discussing this w/Cummins prior to my purchase, the only trigger we discussed was a manual call to the ECM for DPF regen via Cummins software. I.e. you would need an outfit w/the software & pigtail (ea. mfgr has a priprietary cable to translate from the J1939 data bus to their software) to hook up the computer to your rig, and command the manual regen.

Who says you are getting high exhaust temps, and how is that being determined?
Old 01-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #3

The Silverleaf says there is high exhaust temps. The Silverleaf says regen inhibited and it stays on continually. The high exhaust temp on the Silverleaf comes on and off. The shop foreman at Cummins NW said WRV should have a switch to turn it on. You know far more about this than I do about this emmission.
The way I understand, the regen is supposed come on and off to burn off what ever and no one is supposed to be by the tail pipe. I don't know if I may have to take it into Cummins.

Thanks for help
Old 01-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #4

I called and talked to the Cummins manager. He said don't worry about the high exhaust temp going on and off. It just doing what is supposed to going on and off. He said a lot of trucks and buses have a switch, but doesn't know about RV switch. The only to be sure is to bring in check the regen to see if it is operating on the computer.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Kraig,

These things don't regen very often.....for me only twice in about 15,000 miles. There is no regen switch on Alpines. There is a switch on large trucks. Cummins NW - Yakima did a manual regen on my coach once, but they were hooked up to their computer to make it happen. I was told that our exhaust runs hot enough to avoid the need for very many regens.
TerryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #6

Terry

Does yours have Silverleaf?

On the Silverleaf Monitor I get a red message regen inhibit all the time. It never goes to green no errors. It has 12,000 miles and the turbo wasn't working when I got it, but now that it is fixed the red message is on the time. The yellow high exhaust temp goes on and off, like it is supposed to.

Kraig
2007 Apex
Old 01-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Kraig,

Yes I have a silverleaf monitor. It only gives me an indication message when an actual regen is in effect. Both times I was in regen I was driving through a town and when I had to stop at a stop light the "inhibit regen" message came on, and it went off and the regen continued when I got moving at speed again. The regen takes about half an hour in total, and apparently can be interrupted by stopping at low RPM. The lights on the dash also light up to warn of a regen coming and then high temp when it is occurring.

If your message and/or light is coming on and off all the time then it sounds like something is not working right. I'd take it over to Cummins and have them do a manual regen and look it over.
TerryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #8

Thanks Terry
Kraig
Old 01-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #9

First time mine regen'd I was on I-5 and saw the dash light. Couldnt figure it out from the light graphic, so I pulled off, the light went out, called Cummins. They said- "get back on the road and it will finish the regen." It did.

If you have "regen inhibit" all the time while on the freeway (steady state driving) then you have ESP (error some place) and need to get the program or hardware fixed so it can regen. My guess is w/12k on, you are overdue, especially if the turbo wasn't working for a long time; could easily be the turbo problem is related.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #10

Looks like I will have to take back to Cummins and do manual regen and check it out.