Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2019, 08:41 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
2009 on eBay

Just curious. This is for sale has a floorplan that I have never seen plus the woodwork doesn't look like WRV work.
Must be one that was purchased and finished out.

https://apps.auction123.com/ImageVie...=3929238&sID=0
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2019, 11:09 AM   #2

This is not a 2009 front end
Old 11-23-2019, 04:04 PM   #3

Yup--looks like one of the last Alpines built--with the fridge in the main slide, just behind the driver's seat....and the shower and toilet combined in a separate room on the passenger side of the coach.....so there is a corridor down the driver's side from the living area to the bedroom....also looks like the bed is cross-ways on a rear slide that extending out the passenger side????
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:06 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
Yup--looks like one of the last Alpines built--with the fridge in the main slide, just behind the driver's seat....and the shower and toilet combined in a separate room on the passenger side of the coach.....so there is a corridor down the driver's side from the living area to the bedroom....also looks like the bed is cross-ways on a rear slide that extending out the passenger side????

So the factory actually had an new floor plan? Certainly has mis-matched wood. Just was curious.

Fred,
What does an '09 front end look like? You mean the colors....graphics?
Old 11-23-2019, 09:01 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Well, this is 75816. It is the 3rd from the last coach before WRV closed their doors. It certainly has some odd finishes, but I've seen another late 2009 with the cream base color.

Most curiously, I don't see any smart beds. No Aqua-Hot, but a dishwasher - odd.

No 435HP V-8 either...
Cinequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:55 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
V8. Missed that one!![emoji3]
Old 11-26-2019, 12:32 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Looks the the prototype front kitchen floor plan that Jaime and Donna Jamison purchased new. They traded it off for a bigger SOB a couple years later. I’m not sure WRV ever built more before they closed. Looks like it had extra cabinets and desk added after market.
TerryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:44 PM   #8

Last of the Alpines

We own #75824. From what I have been able to put together, ours was the next unit to be finished when they shut the doors. Ours was purchased about 75 to 80% complete and then finish by the purchaser over the next 4 years. I understand there were a couple other units that were bare shells. This unit may well be one those.

Bill and Sonia Hearsey
09 40MDTS #75824
PitMan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:40 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Last Alpine?

I agree with Bill that there are "a few" late model Alpines finished by others. Per the "Alpine Register" on this site, VIN 75818 claims to be the last Alpine delivered by WRV. However, there are a lot of blank VIN's between our 75809 and Bill's 75824. I suspect that WRV was skipping VIN numbers at the end, possibly as a last ditch effort to make it appear they were building more coaches than actually finished.

Keep in mind this was early spring 2008 - in the depth of the big recession. Our coach was delivered March 3rd. The factory closed mid April. It seems inconceivable that WRV could have delivered more than a few coaches in those last 6 weeks of operation. The Alpine register documents only 2 VIN's after ours. In addition, we know about the unit for sale, and Bill's. There may only be only a half dozen or so finished by WRV and others, after ours.

I've often wondered how many bare Peak Chassis may have been sitting around at closing. Do you suppose there might be a few "other brand" coaches running around on Peak chassis??
Cinequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 10:21 AM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Are the Alpine register documents available to review? I have always wondered how many Alpines were manufactured.
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Bear View Post
Are the Alpine register documents available to review? I have always wondered how many Alpines were manufactured.
Go to the first post on "Alpine Register" thread.
Takepride has an Alpine vin pdf there he occasionally updates as owners post their vital statistics to that thread.
Nice work by the way takepride.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:04 PM   #12

Wow. That is bizzare, and cool.
It's like an alpine from a parallel dimension.
I have never seen that floor plan before.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm anxious to join ACA. Hopefully I might get more details about the history of my 72234.
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:33 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
FYI, Takepride has not been updating the “Register” for several years. The last time I saw Milt was a DRR 2015. I actually took over the maintenance of the list, and I am way over due for an update which I will have out by the end of the year, promise.

Dave
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 04:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Bear View Post
Approximately 1400.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote