You can only see and clean the male plug. You should assume any female connectors are similar and near impossible to check or clean.
If plugs are molded on You might better replace both fittings and strip back insulation till you get clean wire strands. If they are not molded at least you can check & tighten the attachment points.
A periodic spray of WD40 or silicone helps keep moisture and corrosion out of the female ends.
A bad CG pedestal outlet can start overheating.
If there is ANY sign or melting or blackening on outside of a female plug safe to assume it is about 10X worse inside. I've done autopsies on several 30A boat cords that were much worse inside than apparent from the outside.
Sent from my SM-T387V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app