Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
I think the propane pipe you are talking about is for the coaches with RV fridg.
APEXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #16

Howbout adding the tank flush lines w/their fittings & route to the ABS/Tank schematic in the owner's manual? I have a problem w/the black flush line & it would be easy to diagnose if I had the schematic.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #17

I also wrote to WRV after we purchased the 2003 saying that in the age of cumputers it was rather embarrassing that the Owners manual and data package contained poor black and white copies of manuals and data sheets rather than nice color originals. Why don't all the manuals and data sheets come in a couple of three ring binders? Then Izzy should refer to them during his "shakedown" inspection with the new owners.
NorCal Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:29 PM   #18

emike,
I think I have what you need, when I get home I will copy and email to you, send me a PM asking for it as a reminder to me (currently sitting on the beach at Bolsa Chica )
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #19

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
E-Mike, I suspect that the problem you are having with your flush system is that the black tank flush does not work. Common problem with the Apex coaches. If so, the diversion valve is installed incorrectly. The "in" does not go in the middle opening but on one of the ends. Take the valve out and blow in one end and see where the air comes out. Change valve setting and repeat. It will become obvious how it should be hooked up.

My 2006 owner's manual has a schematic in the desciption of the flush system that shows the correct hookup of the valve.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:44 AM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Mike another common problem is the anti siphon valve gets pluged up due to there not being a screen at the water hose connection like the fresh water connection.The valve is located in the wall in front of the shower.They had to cut a hole inside my kitchen cabnets to gain access.Good luck!

Bob
APEXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:37 AM   #21

a) Thanks for the suggestions.
b) Found the trouble- check valve just B4 the black tank came apart (probably not assembled properly @ the check valve factory) so water pressure sealed it shut instead of opened it. I snapped the parts back together & now it operates as intended. I sip tied a spare pvc check valve to the line in case it happens again to either tank. Bob- I couldn't figure out why the @#$% the line is routed up into the coach floor; thx.
c) Sorry for hijacking an otherwise very useful thread; hope this frees the hostage.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
Mike:

The tubing is routed above the floor and tanks to prevent siphoning of the black or grey water back out of the hose in case the anti-siphoning valve malfunctions.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote