Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2016, 12:37 PM   #1

Angry Adios Alpine

Back in November my '05 Alpine Coach (75232) gave me the final slap in the face, taking a rock into the cooling fins of the almost new radiator.
This happened in route to trade in for a new Fleetwood Discovery 37R. Half way home, nearing Salt Lake City, the rear suspension air bags gave out. Incidently, anyone with a new Discovery, take heed, there is a factory TSB regarding this, and a possible recall. Sadly, after too many mechanical issues, we had to bid farewell to an otherwise well designed rig, in that Alpine.
fireguy-42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #2

Wow--sometimes bad things happen to good people--or their coaches. Sorry to hear that you are leaving the Alpine family. Hope you prove me wrong but I honestly believe you will have a hard time finding a better driving and riding coach than your Alpine. Safe travels.......
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:00 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Sorry to hear of your problems, though how you can blame the coach for a rock flying into the fins I'm not sure.

Must be frustrating to have problems at the start with a new rig. Such is the life of RVers
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 04:55 PM   #4

Jerry- somebody else on here is looking for an 05, might search the recent threads here and try to hook up.
Sorry to see you go. Happy trails, Mike
Old 08-09-2016, 07:07 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Good job on trading in the Alpine, wish mine would catch fire and burn to the frame rails. Every time we take it out something breaks, last fall/winter, on our sojourn to Yuma, water leak at HH (still not fixed), rear reading lamp (120V) wiring has bad neutral, need to run new wiring to that lamp, WRV should be shot for the way they wired this coach. Air Operated locks on the closet doors, one fitting failed going down road, loud air pressure noise, finally plugged it with a screw until I can take (literally) the side of the closet apart and find the "T" fitting, and new air line to fix this one. Two Hydraulic hoses leaking (Cummins coburg this fall). I am so sick of this POS, and having to fix it each and every time we use it. Once it's gone I am going back to a good used 5th wheel, that is, if this has not ruined me from ever RV'ing again period. I will make someone a great deal on this coach and throw in 92.35 acres with a nice barn in Western WA state, you give me 499K and all that is yours.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:12 AM   #6

If you buy a lemon, you just have to make lemonade--doesn't matter what brand--sorry to hear about your loss.......
New Braunfels, Texas
Old 08-17-2016, 05:30 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to greenmachine
I took a trip to DC this week and thought I was ready. New tires and ABS working and a 30 pack of my drink. Wow the line that goes to the ice maker cracked and then the Frig quit and half the 30 was gone. Life is good , then the breaker tripped for Gen and as I was going down the road the a/c shroud blew off and didn't hit any cars but went into 1000 pieces with rain. Then we came to a wreck and sat for four hours. Life is filled with adventure. So needless to say had to get another 30 when I got home and replaced the Shroud and fixed replaced the burner for frig. Now waiting for switch over contactor for Gen. Thank Goodness they sell coolers. For my 30 pack. As we where leaving the Cherry Hill Camp ground , I heard a lot of bad stories of what happened to them. The number one Horror story was tire blow outs and the damage it did. Life is good, ready to head out again.
Go with the Flow
Larry and Tammy
2003 38FD Alpine 350 Cummins ISC
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:22 AM   #8

Yup--lots of threads about the older A/C shrouds getting brittle with age and cracking around the bolt holes--newer OEM shrouds seems to be made of heavier material. Lots of options to reinforce the holes--I used aluminum pipe strapping riveted to the underside of shroud. If you replace with an after market shroud, make sure the foam gaskets under the shroud align with the condenser and evaporator coil compartments. Allowing air to transit between the compartments will substantially reduce efficiency.....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old 08-19-2016, 09:55 PM   #9

Just drove by a late model MH with a wall slide on the driver's side and two on the curb side. All three retracted uneven and not seated and sitting correctly. Happened to be the same make as in the OP. The point being, poor workmanship can strike anywhere. WRV certainly had its flaws, but what I have not seen is substandard construction which is what given Alpine such good bones.
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote