RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:35 PM   #1

Air conditioner drain line

Has anyone replaced the pex pipe ac drain line that runs in the roof to the front drivers side? If so any details?

Panaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2019, 12:23 PM   #2

Panaman,
I was just about to start a thread on this as I am currently working on mine.
The rear unit did not drain and I followed a suggestion to hook up a vacuum to the drain tube exiting in the engine compartment left side. Did the same with the front. I could hear the air hissing inside but no luck they did not drain through the pipe but still on the roof.
I then opened the rear unit and the piece of tubing going from the T-Connector the the drain cup had dried up suff in it. I squeezed it by hand and now it drains just fine.
However in the front I found to my surprise that the drain cups and tubing to them was completely missing.
The pex tubing runs in a separate channel inside the roof above the roof truss. So in the foam section between the metal truss and the outside roof sheet.
In the rear there is a 90 elbow right on top transitioning from horizontal to vertical down. If this is the case in the front as well then I think it would be very problematic to pull a new tubing as the elbow will not make it down the window channel.
Idea ... maybe you can insert a smaller tubing into the existing one and try to run that up ... needs to be flexible though.
Why do you think you need to replace it Pex is pretty much indestructible?
Joerg
Here a pic from the front AC open
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01693563-4D66-45E8-86E4-BE5E2BA4563B.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	253701  

Alpine06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #3

I discovered a leak at the front left corner while changing out my flooring. I thought it was the drain line. It did drain but not as much as the rear. I posted this prior to removing the ac unit. Upon removal I found the cups that that capture condensation were cracked at the hose connection. I capped one end of the coach internal drain line and pressure tested it. The line did not leak.So I'm thinking the condensation is running out on the roof and is leaking in though the belt line molding. I can see gaps in the molding. I'm going to clean and reseal everything.
Panaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:56 AM   #4

It is a condensation line. I sometimes spiders and such will crawl up inside to build a nest. I have not has that problem, but I have heard that if you blow some high pressure air through the line, it could knock out any blockages. Good luck
Jeepinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 03:01 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
I just cleaned my drain tubes out. The rear tube I just took a small air compressor and
blew the line out. Worked great it exited by the coolant tank at the back of the coach.
The front line I had to cut the line and blew it out both ways. It was hard to find a connector to join both pieces back together. I did and it exited out the passenger side of the coach underneath about half way down. I have a 2002 40' Alpine coach. now all clean and appear to be working properly.

Jeepster1952

40' Alpine 40' ISL
jeepster1952 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, air conditioner

« Vansco VMM | Vansco »