Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #43

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
Hello!
I have made major updates to the Registry, but still need plenty of help........
Take Pride: Thank you for your effort. On a much smaller scale, I have tried to build a similar list for Apex owners with limited success.

Scanning thru, I noticed a lot of updates/corrections that I am aware of. Since I do not have Adobe Writer, can you send the file to me in Excel or Word, something that I can work with? basil_shannon@yahoo.com
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #44

Alpine Owners Club
Here is all the info on the two coaches we have owned.

74500- 2002 36' FDDS- 350- was: Jim & Sandy Munsil- was: Ocala, FL- was: JLMunsil

75755- 2008 34' FDDS- 400- Jim & Sandy Munsil- Ocala, FL- JLMunsil
JLMunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #45

Alpine Owners Club
OK
2005 Alpine Coach 36FDDS 75407
Timothy & Sonia Lee Shively
8116 Ashgrove Dr.
Cincinnati, OH 45244
513-474-1322
tjshively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:00 AM   #46

Alpine Owners Club
Basil:

I built this list in WordPerfect, which is compatible with MS Word (and most everything else). I then converted it to pdf, via a free plug-in. I will email the original to you.

I need to mention that I was recently chastised by a forum moderator after a very familiar member here lodged a complaint and asked that the file I posted be removed by IRV2. His/her avatar is on the list, as well as his/her year/model. I added his/her first name in the "name" column based on his/her avatar, but no other information exists. Apparently I have offended at least one person's sense of privacy.

The Registry information is based on postings throughout this and other forums, as well as numerous emails and PM's I've received.

To further consolidate the list of legitimate VIN's (reducing the list size) and fill out the list, I'm hoping ACA will help, though nothing has been forthcoming. Maybe "they" would prefer the Registry be accessible to members only. I think it might entice people to join ACA, too.

I love Dave and Jaime's idea of including a mapping system. I just don't want to include anyone that is concerned the public may learn they own an Alpine, against their will. Any thoughts?

On the upside, I've receive many notes of encouragement and am happy to continue to evolve this project. I think it's really interesting.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #47

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
Basil:

I built this list in WordPerfect, which is compatible with MS Word (and most everything else). I then converted it to pdf, via a free plug-in. I will email the original to you.

I need to mention that I was recently chastised by a forum moderator after a very familiar member here lodged a complaint and asked that the file I posted be removed by IRV2. His/her avatar is on the list, as well as his/her year/model. I added his/her first name in the "name" column based on his/her avatar, but no other information exists. Apparently I have offended at least one person's sense of privacy.

The Registry information is based on postings throughout this and other forums, as well as numerous emails and PM's I've received.

To further consolidate the list of legitimate VIN's (reducing the list size) and fill out the list, I'm hoping ACA will help, though nothing has been forthcoming. Maybe "they" would prefer the Registry be accessible to members only. I think it might entice people to join ACA, too.

I love Dave and Jaime's idea of including a mapping system. I just don't want to include anyone that is concerned the public may learn they own an Alpine, against their will. Any thoughts?

On the upside, I've receive many notes of encouragement and am happy to continue to evolve this project. I think it's really interesting.
MonacoMama keeps the map/list updated for Excel and Monaco owners and has been doing so for a couple years without privacy problems. She just asks that the individuals send a PM or email saying they want to be included. It is an "opt in" system. If someone doesn't want others to know they own an Alpine or where they live, they don't opt in. Also, I think they update the map as people travel for extended periods. For example, if EM goes to the Baja for a couple months, his thumbtack could be moved to that location (although admittedly that creates extra work maintaining an updated map).
Old 11-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #48

I believe you have all our info and we have no problem with you including us on the list. I do have the name of the previous owner, but hesitate to post it -- she may have a privacy concern.
SusieBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #49

34'Ltd 75772 , engine 581, Mel & Lorene, Darby, Montana
Melorene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #50

Alpine Owners Club
Alpine List

Great - but - where is the list?
tjshively@gmail.com
tjshively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:37 PM   #51

Alpine Owners Club
Takepride,

I posted my info (post 30) but my info is not on the PDF that you posted. Please add me to the list.

I think the list is a great idea and provides very interesting info.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 11-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #52

Alpine Owners Club
Takepride - My in-laws (Jim & Bonnie Eidson) own a 2000 with #74147. They bought it from my Bonnie's brother (Kevin Carson) who bought it from the original owner but nobody can remember their names.

Their coach is a 38' Limited FDDS with 350 HP. It's located in Lemmon, SD.
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #53

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks Bob!

Sorry Jeff! Looks like I missed a few while out exercising the coach.

Here is the updated Registry. Still too heavy on VIN's and light on names. Any help is appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Alpine Forum VIN List.pdf (263.2 KB, 3226 views)
Old 11-12-2010, 08:34 AM   #54

Takepride,

Thanks for this great project--I'm opting in. IMHO, the privacy issue is way overblown. How is this list any different than meeting fellow Alpine owners at Quartzite?

Milo
(sdcyclist)
Old 11-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #55
WAZ

Alpine Owners Club
Takepride, #74921
2004 MDDS
350 HP
Cypress, CA

THANKS!
WAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:36 PM   #56

Alpine Owners Club
Takepride,
In reviewing the Alpine Register, I noticed that we are shown as owners of 74073 as well as 74063 for our 2000 Alpine that we no longer have. The correct number is 74063 and the information on that entry is correct.
Thanks for gathering this valuable information.
Marca is offline   Reply With Quote