Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #225

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
Staying at Morro Dunes RV Park in Morro Bay, CA. Today I had the pleasure of meeting Jack and Dona from Northern California. They have a beautiful '04 Autumn Tan 36FDDS in perfect condition. They've had great luck with it, only one repair (rear slide hoses, of course).

I asked if they are on this forum. They said no, but their son has an identical coach in my color scheme (Summer Bronze) and he is on this forum.

Hopefully they will join us. They tried to join ACA and NoWACA several years ago, but never heard back. I'm sending on the contact information and maybe we'll see them join there, too.

Very nice folks.
Takepride, you might want to let Jack and Dona know there is an Alpine Chapter in Northern California, too. If they are interested, they can contact me via PM and I can let them know who to contact.

We just had a great joint rally between NorCal and SoCal weekend before last at Paso Robles! Everyone should have been there!!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #226

Alpine Owners Club
Gail:

I'm hoping they log on here and read your post. I'm sure they would really enjoy the local chapter and would fit right in. I guess I wasn't paying any attention to the rallies recently. We drove right past Paso Robles last week and again today. Sure is beautiful in that area. The Mustard is in full bloom and the hills are stunning.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #227

Alpine Owners Club
Our NorCal group is hosting a rally at Bodega Bay June 2nd, and if Jack and Donna are FMCA members they are welcome to come by and check us out. If any of you ACA'ers, SoCal'ers, or NorCal'ers who are planning on attending and plan to arrive early or stay late; the campground just advised me that dates before and after our rally are filling up. Details on the rally and contacts are on the ACA website: http://www.alpinecoachassociation.co...dega%20Bay.doc
I look forward to seeing you there.
Matt
zinom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #228

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
Gail:

I'm hoping they log on here and read your post. I'm sure they would really enjoy the local chapter and would fit right in. I guess I wasn't paying any attention to the rallies recently. We drove right past Paso Robles last week and again today. Sure is beautiful in that area. The Mustard is in full bloom and the hills are stunning.
Oh, you should have joined us! We had over 30 rigs there and had such a great time. There was dinner in the Eberle wine caves, a visit to a goat farm and making goat cheese, and just wandering around the area. We drove over to Morro Bay, one of my favorite places, just to watch the otters and seals play in the marina waterway. Love it there!!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #229

Alpine southbound I75 Ocala,FL Wed.

Saw a tan with green swish Alpine headed SB just south of Ocala on I75 Wednesday about 11:45am. We were headed to Cummins CoachCare for service in our 02 38FDDS. Don't know the official color, but it's 4 shades of brown.

Lois & John Miller
rosegramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #230

On my way back from San Mateo, CA to San Diego on 5 South, Sunday 3 July, just South of Magic Mountain, I saw 3 coaches ahead of me. Coach 3 was an Eagle, coach 2 was a Beaver Monterey, and leading the pack was a bronze and gold Alpine coach towing a gold colored PT cruiser that exited on 210 East toward Pasadena. I pulled up along side the Alpine in my restored red 1968 Corvair waving like mad and beeping my horn--they must have thought I was crazy! It was nice to see another Alpine in action!

sdcyclist
Old 07-05-2011, 02:54 AM   #231

Sighted a silver one on I-5, as we were going north. It was north of Redding, CA. We were on our way back from purchasing our first Alpine 36'FDDS, from a shop in Mesa, AZ!

Man, that I-5 through California is REALLY broken up and was so glad to get back on Oregon's I-5! While this was our first long drive with the coach, it was pretty rough going down from LA to about Williams. After that, the going got better and the ride is pretty darn great.

Anyway, since it is new to use, it is harder to spot the other guys driving Alpines. We just sold our Lazy Daze, and those are pretty easy to spot! Ironically, we didn't see any LDs, but did see that one silver one go by, as stated. Not sure of size, but it was an Alpine! Cheers. DrHK
drhumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:55 AM   #232

Oops, that sighting was on Friday, July1, 2011~! DRHK
Old 07-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #233

After 7 years I still can't pick out Alpine's as easily as LD's. But there is a much better chance that when I do see an Alpine that I will know the driver!!
Old 07-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #234

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhumphrey View Post
Sighted a silver one on I-5, as we were going north. It was north of Redding, CA. We were on our way back from purchasing our first Alpine 36'FDDS, from a shop in Mesa, AZ!

Man, that I-5 through California is REALLY broken up and was so glad to get back on Oregon's I-5! While this was our first long drive with the coach, it was pretty rough going down from LA to about Williams. After that, the going got better and the ride is pretty darn great.

Anyway, since it is new to use, it is harder to spot the other guys driving Alpines. We just sold our Lazy Daze, and those are pretty easy to spot! Ironically, we didn't see any LDs, but did see that one silver one go by, as stated. Not sure of size, but it was an Alpine! Cheers. DrHK
Doc, it sure is good to hear you got your Alpine!! Congratulations! Welcome to the family.

I think you'll find after a while that, unlike Jim, you'll be able to spot any or all of us going down the road. You have to know Jim to understand!!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #235

Alpine Owners Club

Well.... it had to be said.....

Old 07-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #236

Does any one know why I don't get any posts from the Alpine forum? I got them from the Newmar one, when looking for that coach, but no notifications from any here. Help! I also just purchased the ladder that telescopes. I hope that will help getting to the roof! Any comments on it. Got a Camping World, but found less expensive on another site! DrHK
Old 07-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #237

And I would have to agree with Jim on sightings! The LD is very easy to spot! We looked very hard at those Alpines on the road, and were lucky to see the one! Very hard to read the name on them...Our LD that we sold to another club member is pretty happy with it, so we are now hoping we will be just as happy with the Alpine!

Does anyone know if Alpine made a road flap in the back that had the words "Alpine" on it? DrHK
Old 07-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhumphrey View Post
Does anyone know if Alpine made a road flap in the back that had the words "Alpine" on it? DrHK
Yes they did, not that it does you any good now!

I bought mine many years ago from the guy who once made them for WRV. I have long since lost any contact information. But there are many aftermarket vendors that made them in numerous variations. Hopefully somebody else here can help you with a more recent vendor suggestion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mud Flap.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	12019